Old 05-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Rubber is the best way to go.
Best for you.... but as JLock said its "Preference" rubbers don’t
have a prayer against foams and the BSR Foams are getting 5 races
and 15 qualifiers.

Not bashing rubber just making a valid point.

Until you "TRY" the BSR foams you will never know.

As I said before ask Lee at Winners Circle.

You do not wanna believe it, its water off a ducks back to me.

I guarantee my lap times to be MUCH faster than rubber and to
me that’s the bottom line.

Plus getting 5 races and 1 set of foam tires how any one can complain is beyond me.

Its like not wanting Novarossi Engines for $250 or less and sticking with some 2 gallon exploding RTR engine. Makes no sence to me but its

.......................................... All "PREFERENCE"
Old 05-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

When I ran/raced my gt cars, both the IGT and DM1S cars, my GQ foam tires far outlasted the rubber tires I was running at the time. I never cut them down on a truer and maybe I was lucky not chunking them, but they definitely made the car faster and easier to drive, less crashes, and lasted forever. Also, I did not have to have multiple compounds of tires, I ran the same set on 3 different tracks. I don't remember what they cost, but I want to say they were cheaper than the rubber tires.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Are the dish rims a no go i was looking at some today.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by garen
When I ran/raced my gt cars, both the IGT and DM1S cars, my GQ foam tires far outlasted the rubber tires I was running at the time. I never cut them down on a truer and maybe I was lucky not chunking them, but they definitely made the car faster and easier to drive, less crashes, and lasted forever. Also, I did not have to have multiple compounds of tires, I ran the same set on 3 different tracks. I don't remember what they cost, but I want to say they were cheaper than the rubber tires.
Exactly what I am saying. +100%
Old 05-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

All this foam tire talk.. I think we should all get ready for a tantrum by someone......

Old 05-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigjez
Are the dish rims a no go i was looking at some today.
Whats wrong with dish?
Old 05-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

that was just my 2 cents. i still have my cars, maybe i should dust them off.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

I noticed that ROAR has been setting up rules for the 1/8th Super GT Class. Unfortunately they were only going to have rubber tires allowed for this class. However I have given a written explanation about the benefits of foam tires.

First, foam tires do make the cars drive more easily and I think that is good especially for the new driver/racer. For experience drivers foam tires do increase speed (lap times) and handling.

Second, foam tires do have the same or even better in some cases tire wear life. GQ tires as an example are excellent tires with superb wear, no chunking and a stout rim for those unlucky enough to have a board jump out in front of their car from to time.

Third, I feel that when you can make a new class more fun, faster, and economical, then foam tires have to be an option for racers.

Lastly, I stated I did not think that foam should be the only option as I felt rubber tires should not be the only option. In electric on road they have a rubber class and a foam. This may be an excellent opportunity for ROAR to do the same with this new class.

I will state here that I am the exclusive distributor for GQ tires and products for the USA. I just acquired the direct and exclusive distributorship with GQ a couple of weeks ago. I sold GQ previously on a sub-distributorship for/with another company. This time around my company has no middle person. Because of this our pricing will be lower than the past. Always good news! We have the 1/10th Touring on-road tires coming in next week and 1/8th and the Rally tires for the GT's will be here around 45 days from now.

Have fun and good racing to all!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Still putting the word out to all GT drivers in the NY area this Sunday GT racing if there 5 or more cars. I have 3 confirmed racers. Floyd benette field in Brooklyn personal transponder needed. Track is big enough for the cars to run with no space issues.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TM America
I noticed that ROAR has been setting up rules for the 1/8th Super GT Class. Unfortunately they were only going to have rubber tires allowed for this class. However I have given a written explanation about the benefits of foam tires.

First, foam tires do make the cars drive more easily and I think that is good especially for the new driver/racer. For experience drivers foam tires do increase speed (lap times) and handling.

Second, foam tires do have the same or even better in some cases tire wear life. GQ tires as an example are excellent tires with superb wear, no chunking and a stout rim for those unlucky enough to have a board jump out in front of their car from to time.

Third, I feel that when you can make a new class more fun, faster, and economical, then foam tires have to be an option for racers.

Lastly, I stated I did not think that foam should be the only option as I felt rubber tires should not be the only option. In electric on road they have a rubber class and a foam. This may be an excellent opportunity for ROAR to do the same with this new class.

I will state here that I am the exclusive distributor for GQ tires and products for the USA. I just acquired the direct and exclusive distributorship with GQ a couple of weeks ago. I sold GQ previously on a sub-distributorship for/with another company. This time around my company has no middle person. Because of this our pricing will be lower than the past. Always good news! We have the 1/10th Touring on-road tires coming in next week and 1/8th and the Rally tires for the GT's will be here around 45 days from now.

Have fun and good racing to all!
Well, I tried to keep my mouth shut....

AND, I'm not the 'expected' tantrum......

AND, what I can say is short and sweet......

In the MIDWEST, where I live and race, the 1/10th scale sedan class is all but DEAD!!!!!

AND, why is that?????

Fragmentation??? Two classes which require totally different set ups and in some cases - different CARS????

Expense - it's great to say on day 1 that 'we're not going to grind down the foam to the 'sweet spot' but that philosophy has never lasted until day 2 from what I've observed... First someone will 'even out' the tires.... next they'll add a bit of 'cone' to help wear... then they'll cut a bit 'too much' off and the bottom line is that by the 'end of the week' this class will join sedans and 1/8th GTP as the most expensive (and lowest populated) classes in R/C.

Sorry guys, I appreciate WHAT you're trying to market here and certainly am a huge fan of CAPITALISM, free enterprise and all that BUT I can't/won't believe that foam tires (and several other things which have been discussed here) will do anything but KILL the IGT class before it even develops to it's maximum potential!!!!!

My OPINION - based on personal observation!

Flame on!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

We're not trying to talk bad about rubber tires at all infact I love that the car can be ran with them but there are people who love foam tires on these cars and those GQ tires I brought from TMA Raceday hobbies lasted me 4 weekends of racing so we should all support each other and stop trying to make it strictly one sided we can co-exist in this class if we stick together and the reason that other classes are falling off is not because of tires it's those $400-800 dollar motors that why I chose this class
Old 05-28-2010, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you want to kill the class split it in two. Rubber and foam class.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Whats wrong with dish?
Not too sure i thought i read that they were not to be used in some events...It might of been one of ROAR rules not sure just looking to find out befor i spend my money thats all.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

Roar was not going to allow dish wheel.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

sometime when things work out for the best roar throw wrench in it ...i like the dish wheels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.