Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubba Cola
It hard to be Patient. Our racing season is starting We will run with the list we have til next year. It would be foolish to change rules whenever someone gets a bug up their but.
If you run the with the current engines that was allowed by Ipanema for the GT World Championship in Homestead this past March, you will be fine. What happens is that many of you want to jump the gun and buy whatever due to what you hear (rumors) and when what you buy isn't allowed, then many of you go off in a tizzy. If you want to buy this engine or that engine, go right ahead. But, if Ipanema decides that what you bought is not one of the engines it will allow to be run in Spec, then don't get mad at them, get mad at yourselves for jumping the gun. They are trying to be fair and use engines that are similar in performance but not to much so that someone that may not have the budget to buy a "spec" engine can still use the box stock engine and still be competitive. Remember, any engine can be run in the open class so if you are itching to jump the gun, be ready to be told that you can't run in spec class and have to run in the open class. Just my little common sense insight, so don't bash me too bad.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

I totally agree that the price alone is not a good determining factor for the Spec engines since there are a few economical engines that just fly but they don't last. So it is better to make a performance comparison first.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Old 05-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Talking Engine replacement

Since the topic is about engines.....wondering what you guys think about this engine/pipe combo by Axe Rossi as a replacement for the stock RTR...(note: replacement engine not for racing, just for parking lot bashing ).

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...050-Tuned-Pipe
Old 05-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

That looks like a great deal.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello all,

I don't know if this question has been posed anywhere on this thread, but is it posible to take a 1/8 buggy like a Hot Bodies or a Losi or something like that and turn it into a formidable force that can keep up speed-, durability-, and performance-wise with pre-existing IGTs, like a Kyosho GT2 or an OFNA?
Old 05-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Since the topic is about engines.....wondering what you guys think about this engine/pipe combo by Axe Rossi as a replacement for the stock RTR...(note: replacement engine not for racing, just for parking lot bashing ).

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...050-Tuned-Pipe
For bashing, it would be a perfect choice. You could still race it in GT racing, but in GT1 Open and not GT2 Spec.

What everyone fails to realize, you can run any engine you want in the GT1 Open class, box stock or bada$$ mod, onroad or offroad. So, if you want to run Brand X or Brand A engine, knock yourself out. But, if it is not an approved spec engine, then you have to run in the open class, no exceptions!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://www.roarracing.com/?p=645

Roar is getting involved.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

"The chassis plate must include the same amount of kick-up currently used in its off-road configuration (chassis cannot be flattened)"

Bad news for Ofna
Old 05-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rpespo
"The chassis plate must include the same amount of kick-up currently used in its off-road configuration (chassis cannot be flattened)"

Bad news for Ofna
That is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe OFNA should talk to ROAR prior to having this written up. Also would that not affect the Kyosho cars as well??
Old 05-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grenade10
That is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe OFNA should talk to ROAR prior to having this written up. Also would that not affect the Kyosho cars as well??
No, not at least the IGT1 which does have some kickup. Well, here comes the beginning of the end of fun GT racing like many of us are accustomed to having. I see too many rules, way to much tech'ing, not enough fun. I like the way Ipanema and some regions run their GT program now: keeping the playing field as level as possible, a few simple rules, a high level of competition, and the keeping the "FUN" in racing. Just my opinion.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I agree...I think it will be good as long they don't get too crazy. The buggy-based component is key as well as rubber tires. I think they are off to a good start.

The Ofna GTP cars have a kick-up chassis.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Correct. The idea of requiring the SAME chassis as an off-road vehicle is that many manufacturers already produce a range of buggy/truck chassis, and by requiring they use the exact same parts, it makes it easier (and less expensive) for other manufacturers to become involved in the class. The flat chassis are a big step towards the hybrid cars that killed the "rally game" class in Europe faster than it got started. People that like "cost no object" technology and maximum possible performance can explore the 1/8 on-road category, but this class grew in popularity because, it's less expensive, the cars look great, they're much more durable, and they're fun to drive even though they're not optimized for the fastest possible lap time.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't understand why the no dish wheel rule. Can someone enlighten me as to why.

Tried to leave comment on the roar page and even though I logged in to their site I couldn't comment directly.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Great start to the rules!!! Lets see, Ipanema tires come on dish rims as well as 5-star and BBS. About 40% to 50% of the racers at the GT World Championship were running Ipanema tires on the new dish rims. So, you are saying that now those folks that probably got $200 invested in a couple of sets of tires now can't use them at a ROAR Super GT race. But, you allow dish rims in the 200mm touring car class!!! Wow, lets start out with a double standard!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.