Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Timmo,

I wonder who was driving it, maybe we'll see him at Homestead.....

You mine as well give him the trophies.
That is some pretty darn good driving.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

This far away from the race, what would most of you think about running a control tire? One of the reasons many classes of on-road racing have moved to a control tire is that the costs are EXTREMELY high for racers who want to be sure they're not going to lose a race because they didn't bring the right tire. A spec tire, or possibly the choice of two compounds, would go a long way to limit the costs. I know some racers may have some tires that they're already using to race at their home track,but it sure would be nice to know that you can get tires at the track and that you're not going to be at a big disadvantage because someone found a tire that works better than all the tires you're bringing. I'm sure Jeff doesn't want to rock the boat at the moment or appear to be "lining" his own pockets, but I think it will make everyone more comfortable about spending money to attend the race without having to worry about getting you ass handed to you by someone that has tires that you didn't or couldn't buy. I also know that Jeff has been working his ass off to set-up this race at considerable personal expense. I think it would make competition more fair and it would at least help Jeff by giving all all the racers a chance to try his tires. Jeff would never ask this and he'll probably be mad at me for asking, but what do you think? I personally would prefer a spec tire (Ipanema)... what do you think?

Last edited by SteveP; 11-11-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SteveP
This far away from the race, what would most of you think about running a control tire? One of the reasons many classes of on-road racing have moved to a control tire is that the costs are EXTREMELY high for racers who want to be sure they're not going to lose a race because they didn't bring the right tire. A spec tire, or possibly the choice of two compounds, would go a long way to limit the costs. I know some racers may have some tires that they're already using to race at their home track,but it sure would be nice to know that you can get tires at the track and that you're not going to be at a big disadvantage because someone found a tire that works better than all the tires you're bringing. I'm sure Jeff doesn't want to rock the boat at the moment or appear to be "lining" his own pockets, but I think it will make every more comfortable about spending money to attend the race without having to worry about getting you ass handed to you by someone that has tires that you didn't or couldn't buy. I also know that Jeff has been working his ass off to set-up this race at considerable personal expense. I think it would make competition more fair and it would at least help Jeff by giving all all the racers a chance to try his tires. Jeff would never ask this and he'll probably be mad at me for asking, but what do you think? I personally would prefer a spec tire (Ipanema)... what do you think?
Hello from France,
when we decided to make the Rally Game Challenge in 2008, it was made for the winter, when the Off Road and On Road is over. Then we decided to run controlled tyres (in hard compound) because a lot of Off Road racers wanted to compet with the châssis and engine they ran in the season. So, some engines were allready over 20 liters, and most of them were 3 or 5 ports (not multiports like on road engines!!). With choosing hard compound, you can win with a little engine and an old-fashion chassis, because you have not a lot of grip and you can't paas all the power to the track....
The guys are also very pleased because they are sure the other guy have the same tyres.
And with hard couponud, the reliabilty of the car is awesome because we can't go too fast!!

Au revoir.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Spec Tire

Most people that have used Ipanema tires would already agree that they are high quality and more ofton then not the rubber tire of choice to be competitive at a GT race.

I say +1 to Ipanema being a spec tire with a few different compounds it will make life easier for all and why not help Jeff out he is busting his ballz making this happen for us. Besides it will keep out the other idiot venders who like to make a dime on someone elses sweat that hate GT racing anyway. Sorry to be so blunt but truth is truth!!!

100 GT Cars ............................ COOOOOOOOOOOOL
Old 11-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

I haven't personally tried the tires myself, but I've heard some great feedback about them, so I'm sure they'd serve well as a spec tire. +1000 on helping Jeff to get the word out about his tires. He set the entry limit at 100 drivers to ensure that everyone gets plenty of track time, lots of qualifiers and long mains. He could have easily taken 200 or more entries and cut the track time for everyone to get more entry fees, but he's all about the drivers getting tons of track time.

I don't know that I'd be so harsh about other tire companies trying to promote their products. If I were in their shoes, I would hope to be able to do the same thing. I feel more strongly, however, that it will be a better and less costly event for everyone if the Ipanema tires are used as a spec tire. Even though Jeff would never push for it, I think his tireless effort at promoting this class and this event should be recognized by choosing his tires as the spec tires. It wouldn't even come close to compensating him for all the time and money he's invested in this event, but it would be a nice gesture for everyone to support the guy that single-handedly put this whole thing together.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry, wrong post !

Last edited by Tabushi; 11-11-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveP
I haven't personally tried the tires myself, but I've heard some great feedback about them, so I'm sure they'd serve well as a spec tire. +1000 on helping Jeff to get the word out about his tires. He set the entry limit at 100 drivers to ensure that everyone gets plenty of track time, lots of qualifiers and long mains. He could have easily taken 200 or more entries and cut the track time for everyone to get more entry fees, but he's all about the drivers getting tons of track time.

I don't know that I'd be so harsh about other tire companies trying to promote their products. If I were in their shoes, I would hope to be able to do the same thing. I feel more strongly, however, that it will be a better and less costly event for everyone if the Ipanema tires are used as a spec tire. Even though Jeff would never push for it, I think his tireless effort at promoting this class and this event should be recognized by choosing his tires as the spec tires. It wouldn't even come close to compensating him for all the time and money he's invested in this event, but it would be a nice gesture for everyone to support the guy that single-handedly put this whole thing together.
It’s ok if you don't want to be so harsh but as a fellow GT racer and to be clear my opinion was directed towards the following, it included all those slugs that show up at the track on race day that try & sell or promote a product when that said (company, organization, privateer) had never any interest in sponsorship or helping with this event in any way or even asking the common courtesy for permission. The kicker is they then really feel they have the right to pedal their product while others that have invested personal time, sweat, money ect.. get the shaft especially Jeff & the other real Sponsors.

Remember this is the ”Ipanema” GT World Championships.

Steve if you feel that’s ok to do then this particular topic on "if you were in their shoes" is a moot conversation because I do not agree or wish to explain at any more length for I feel you understand track political B.S. better than I do.

As to the rest of what you said about the tires and Jeff and all Ipanema products I am in agreement, it would only make sense to spec the tire and make this subject a no brainer. Jeff as arrogant as he can be at times is to humble to push his product on us and would only be right to support the guy that single-handedly put this whole thing together.

It is all about “GT RACING” and growing this class in a superior fashion so this class will last.

We that are attending Applaud your effort Jeff !!!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Nice Video :

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Any Kyosho drivers ... which GT2 body performs better on track ?, the Corvette or the Audi DTM ?, finally i got a place for international orders and they can send me a GT2 body to try on my DM ONE. I was looking for the McLaren but no avilability

I visited Jeff website and that black Corvette looks awesome, but no videos of it ...

Any opinion will be appreciated,

cya !

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 11-14-2009, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

You must mean this Kyosho IGT2 "Ipanema Blackhawk" Corvette...

http://ipanemasports.com/testimonials.aspx
Old 11-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Nice Video :

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Any Kyosho drivers ... which GT2 body performs better on track ?, the Corvette or the Audi DTM ?, finally i got a place for international orders and they can send me a GT2 body to try on my DM ONE. I was looking for the McLaren but no avilability

I visited Jeff website and that black Corvette looks awesome, but no videos of it ...

Any opinion will be appreciated,

cya !

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Very cool video

Twister Tires USA had 10 of the McLaren bodies a week ago, I know he sold two and they say they are out of stock but he has them for $15 and I know he's not sold out yet.

http://www.twistertiresusa.com/index...products_id=34

Put them in your cart for back order and you will get them.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

OK, GT racers of the world.....

The Ipanema Sports 2010 GT World Championships is a "Sold-Out" show!

We have 40 racers in GT1 Open and 60 racers in GT2 Spec.

The waiting list in GT1 Open has racers on it and GT2 Spec should get some action soon too.

All pre-registered racer entry payments are due on November 28, 2009.

After that date we will open registration spots starting from the top to waiting list racers.

We do not want to have more than 100 racers total for the event.

All pre-registered racers are urged to secure their spots before the end of pre-registration period.

Good luck, see you all at Homestead/Miami Speedway!

GT1 Open Class

1. Juan Tejero GT1 Open Peru P
2. Michael Haley GT1 Open USA P
3. Deshun Dash GT1 Open USA
4. Todd Satkunas GT1 Open USA P
5. Jose Baquero GT1 Open Venezuela
6. Salvatore Sortino GT1 Open Venezuela
7. Paul Roberts GT1 Open USA
8. Jeff Vargas GT1 Open USA P
9. Partricio Concha GT1 Open Chile
10. Tim Phanidasak GT1 Open USA P
11. Romulo Arcia GT1 Open Venezuela
12. Steve Miles GT1 Open USA
13. Jeff Green GT1 Open USA P
14. Juan Luis Larrabure GT1 Open Peru P
15. Miguel Daumont GT1 Open Puerto Rico
16. Eduardo Aparo Rizzi GT1 Open Venezuela
17. Tori Santiago GT1 Open Puerto Rico
18. Tommy Bond GT1 Open USA
19. Gus Wood GT1 Open USA
20. Luis Pineda GT1 Open Mexico
21. Ronnie Setser GT1 Open USA
22. Mark Borchert GT1 Open USA P P
23. Luis Ramos GT1 Open Puerto Rico
24. Andy Liu GT1 Open USA
25. Julio Avila GT1 Open - Puerto Rico P
26. Pablo Riveros GT1 Open Chile
27. Reinaldo Gil GT1 Open Chile
28. Rodrigo Cartergianni GT1 Open Chile
29. Jaime E. Negron GT1 Open Puerto Rico
30. Fernando Requejo GT1 Open Venezuela
31. Diron West GT1 Open USA
32. Eggie Betancourt GT1 Open Puerto Rico
33. Demonte Thornton GT1 Open USA
34. Joerg Schaedler GT1 Open Mexico P
35. Todd Marshall GT1 Open USA
36. Edwin Ortiz GT1 Open Puerto Rico
37. Rudolf Nicholson GT1 Open St.Maarten Netherlands Antilles
38. Gary Beauperthuy GT1 Open St.Maarten Netherlands Antilles
39. Steven Jackson GT1 Open USA
40. Mauricio Ritzman GT1 Open Brazil

GT1 Open class entries are full.

GT2 Spec Class

1. Carl Edwards GT2 Spec USA
2. Juan Tejero GT2 Spec Peru P
3. Juan Luis Larrabure GT2 Spec Peru P
4. Todd Satkunas GT2 Spec USA P
5. Marcus Vinicius da Silva GT2 Spec Brazil
6. Rich Esposito GT2 Spec USA
7. Juan Blaylock GT2 Spec USA
8. Fritz Adolph GT2 Spec USA
9. Mike Lyday GT2 Spec USA P
10. Bernie Hoogstra GT2 Spec USA P
11. David Mathews GT2 Spec USA P
12. Juan Aramburo GT2 Spec Mexico P
13. Juan Aramburo Jr. GT2 Spec Mexico P
14. Josue Escamilla GT2 Spec Mexico P
15. Erick Garcia GT2 Spec Mexico
16. David Ortiz GT2 Spec Mexico P
17. Paul Roberts GT2 Spec USA
18. Tim Phanidasak GT2 Spec USA
19. Cuauhtemoc Medal Medellin GT2 Spec Mexico
20. Omar Horta GT2 Spec Mexico P
21. Miguel Lopez Alcala GT2 Spec Mexico P
22, Joerg Schaedler GT2 Spec Mexico P
23. Kyle Green GT2 Spec USA P
24. Eduardo Martinez GT2 Spec Mexico P
25. Alferatt Vidal Repetto GT2 Spec Peru
26. Victor Babani GT2 Spec Mexico P
27. Hector Suarez GT2 Spec Mexico
28. Charro Rivas GT2 Spec Mexico P
29. Partricio Concha GT2 Spec Chile
30. Raul Rivera GT2 Spec Mexico
31. Rafael Chapa GT2 Spec Mexico P
32. Antonio Lorca GT2 Spec Mexico P
33. Gerardo Sanchez GT2 Spec Mexico P
34. Luis Pineda GT2 Spec Mexico
35. Gus Wood GT2 Spec USA
36. Ronnie Setser GT2 Spec USA
37. Steve Nguyen GT2 Spec USA
38. Gary Strainer GT2 Spec USA
39. Abel Elizondo GT2 Spec Mexico P
40. Guillermo Cadena GT2 Spec Mexico
41. Jeff Green GT2 Spec USA P
42. Michael Frazier GT2 Spec USA
43. Diego Belmonte GT2 Spec Mexico P
44. Juan Guillermo Garcia Pantoja GT2 Spec Mexico P
45. Jose Luis Garcia Dominguez GT2 Spec Mexico P
46. Sandro Diez GT2 Spec Peru
47. Todd Marshall GT2 Spec USA
48. Todd Forcione GT2 Spec USA
49. Elias Shaooli GT2 Spec Mexico
50. Erick Nunez GT2 Spec Mexico
51. Gerardo Campos Chavez GT2 Spec Mexico
52. Ricardo Rosas GT2 Spec Mexico
53. Mario Ortega GT2 Spec Mexico P
54. Paulo Segurao GT2 Spec Mexico
55. Juan Carlos González Amorrortu GT2 Spec Mexico
56. Carlos Davila GT2 Spec Peru
57. L. Kurt Shaw GT2 Spec USA P
58. Joan Lopez GT2 Spec Republica Dominicana
59. Fernando Lopez GT2 Spec Republica Dominicana
60. David Warr GT2 Spec USA

The GT2 Spec class is now complete!

( We are now accepting waiting list entries in both GT1 Open & GT2 Spec classes.)

www.gtworldchampionships.com
Old 11-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
You must mean this Kyosho IGT2 "Ipanema Blackhawk" Corvette...

http://ipanemasports.com/testimonials.aspx

AMEN Jeff lol, yes, that one ... how the Corvette performs on track ?

thanks

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 11-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Fast
Old 11-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I saw that Ipanema Vette perform before,it will give some competition.
I don't know what Ipanema will be running for a body come March,but all I know is it will be a force.
All I can say is get your car to handle good,make most of your set-ups so that the car stays planted on the ground and around the track.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Paul Coleman sets the TQ and Wins
the 9th Annual Ron Paris Memorial in Las Vegas with Ipanema!

Ipanema Sports wishes to give a big "shout-out" to Paul Coleman on the win,
Boris Tsenov - 2nd place & Billy Townsend - 3rd place on their podium finshes!

We also thank all the Las Vegas GT class racers who trust our "Track Star Slicks" to keep them running strong too!

http://ipanemasports.com/racingnews.aspx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.