Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I did not say we discod it we are just making the Spec the choice for the more popular class, now we still have them in stock from our previous order but no looking to fill a future order unless we get a large numbers of stores wanting this request.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Jspeed,

When are you going to Las Vegas in December? I will be there Christmas week visiting my dad. If you are there, maybe we can finally meet each other.

Juan
Christmas in NY for me.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Christmas in NY for me.
Well, have fun in NY for Christmas. I will just chill with my dad and enjoy the mountains while I am there.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Yo quick question everyone, i need a replacement chassis for one of my inferno gt roller's i bought cheap about 2 years ago and still never used, anyways i took a good look at it and notice the chassis is bent, the kick up is WAY OFF and before i spend 35 dollars on a stock replacement chassis i was wondering if anyone has used this EBAY special

the chassis comes from hong kong for 34.99 plus 8 dollars shipping and i think its pretty sweet i CAN see the chassis being better than the stocker but was wondering if anyone has used it

also ive seen some AFTERMARKET chassis being a pain in the ass do to the holes on the chassis no maching up i wanted to know if this was one of those cases

BTW JSPEED im going to start heading to homestead in about 2 weeks now that i finally have a body im take it out and have a good time i picked up a DBR9 body
Old 11-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Miamizfinest,
I was wondering that myself about the chassis on Ebay.
If you do get it,please let me know how it works out.I'm looking for an extra chassis also.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MiamizFinest
Yo quick question everyone, i need a replacement chassis for one of my inferno gt roller's i bought cheap about 2 years ago and still never used, anyways i took a good look at it and notice the chassis is bent, the kick up is WAY OFF and before i spend 35 dollars on a stock replacement chassis i was wondering if anyone has used this EBAY special

the chassis comes from hong kong for 34.99 plus 8 dollars shipping and i think its pretty sweet i CAN see the chassis being better than the stocker but was wondering if anyone has used it

also ive seen some AFTERMARKET chassis being a pain in the ass do to the holes on the chassis no maching up i wanted to know if this was one of those cases

BTW JSPEED im going to start heading to homestead in about 2 weeks now that i finally have a body im take it out and have a good time i picked up a DBR9 body
Miamizfinest,
That chassis is the one from Dragon Racing. For offroad racing I, would not recommend that chassis; however, for onroad racing it should work very well.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Miami,

This chassis looks like all the holes are in the right places, compaired it with an old chassis and it looks like even the extra holes for the 2 speed are there too.

My IGT1 has the black "SP Kyosho" plate under it, but if it works....

You'll love Homestead's track. Try to get your crew down there together, I love going to the Speedway
Old 11-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

I have a Dragon Racing chassis on my Jammin CRTX1. It's pretty good, but it looks very cheaply made. light as can be. 3mm thick and milled. Looks like it came from a recycled woc. I beat the hell out of it and it still is striaght. It will rust though.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

I saw this on Xtreme RC Cars mag -
just out of curiosity, have the ROAR rules been announced already ? Or does the manufacturer "know" that the larger car won't be race legal perhaps ?

Wonder what does this mean for GT2 ? Illegal, too?
Old 11-27-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

OFNA has mentioned that on packaging for some time. They even called the class 'IGT' on some previous packaging (doesn't the 'I' stand for Inferno??) and this was discussed somewhere back on this thread(edit: page 25). The only mention of a possible class was this next bit taken from the minutes of a ROAR meeting:

New Classes implemented: (no national program for 2009)
• 8th Electric off road
• Vintage Trans Am
• World GT

I do not know if the 'World GT' is our class or the 1/10th pan car class which has also been called 'GT'. It would sure be interesting to get some clarification.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Ok, I see, just haven't seen it before myself.

I think World GT refers to pan cars, not our belowed 1:8 GTs.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I noticed some new "World GT" class foams from Jaco and BSR in the newest AMain email flyer.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR
Ok, I see, just haven't seen it before myself.

I think World GT refers to pan cars, not our belowed 1:8 GTs.
Ur right i saw those wheels the other day im person there actually 1/10 pan car wheels with a center hole and mounts with 4 screws
Old 11-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I bashed my IGT all day today on Thanksgiving.
And I'm gonna do some more bashing before the sun goes down..
Old 11-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Somehow, my guess about the upcoming ROAR "IGT" rule will include the DM1-spec, GT1 and GT2 but not DM1 (1/7th). Simply, they will say, the package of DM1 is called "1/7th scale"...........that is a automatic excluded.

Also...I don't see ROAR will exclude the IGT2 because it is longer...simply because Kyosho is the one who started this car, if this car is really the IDEAL spec to use, I would think others like OFNA will bring out a similar spec base on DM1-spec...........wait, they already did, its the DM1, LOL...

OFNA can simply repackage the DM1 and called it 1/8th scale instead of 1/7th...the cheapest solution to keep the DM1 going.

I still think the DM1 spec is a better structure car over the IGT2. But those Kyosho body are just killer...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.