Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Low end-torque problems >

Low end-torque problems

Low end-torque problems

Old 05-16-2003, 05:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Low end-torque problems

Ok, I have an 1/8th scale Duratrax Nitro Quake - Torq .21

I have been having low-end torque issues lately. With the wheels off the ground the engine seems to rev up just fine.... but for example, when it's going on a long straightaway, it takes a while for the truck to reach high rpms. Again, with the wheels off the ground the engine goes to full RPMs almost right away.

I was thinking maybe it could be the clutch, a couple times (before I bought the FM radio) the truck lost radio reception, and at full throttle smashed into a curb - the truck continued to run at full throttle until I was able to shut it off - so I was thinking a worn clutch could cause it - but then I thought maybe I should get some advice and see if maybe it could be a fuel/mixture problem.

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2003, 05:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default By the way...

Using Trinity 20% nitro.
Old 05-18-2003, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

It doers sound like a tuning issue. With the wheels off the ground, there is a very small load on the engine. With the wheels on the ground, there is a larger load on the engine, so it takes more power to move the truck. Try leaning out the low speed