Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 12-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wagonman72
That is incorrect. HPI Racing has not discontinued parts that only fit on the Pro4. Your local hobby shop has the ability to special order anything you want for your Pro4 through their distributor no matter which distributor it is.
Dave re read your signature...
Old 12-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
But no, I have not gotten tired of the Pro4. I'll buy another used one for parts.

I live in the bronx.....buy my Pro4
Old 12-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slicvicpr87
I live in the bronx.....buy my Pro4

Lets see some pics and talk costs. I am like the Pro 4 rescue shelter, so dont try to hit me with something outrageous. If you in the Bronx, come up to Gun Hill road, right off of Bronx park east where we race on the weekends. My Pro 4 is usually abusing some nitro car for kicks
Old 12-21-2006, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

bronx park east?.....hmmm im tryna think of where that is?....I was over on gun hill tryna look for the offroad track the other day.....What days do you guys go out there...ill send you a PM cus im intrested to run with you guys one weekend
Old 12-25-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

yo pitbull , is there ay other parking lots where u guys run at ???......would like to run in a nice lot in the bronx.....just ordered my CRC3.2 12th scale so my 3.1 carpet knife is going to asphault!......ill come out there one weekend, ill bring the pro4 with me
Old 12-26-2006, 12:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

wagonman72, someone on this forum filled me in on why you would know best if parts are still available. We only have a handful of hobby shops here in Hawaii and they usually order through the three of the larger mainstream U.S. distributors (to protect the guilty). Some of the Pro4 parts I tried to order, I was told by the owners that they could not get because the distributors are telling them that HPI has discontinued the parts and only Cyclone parts are available. If HPI USA hasn't discontinued the parts, that's great to know, but if you can't get them that doesn't help much either. I know it's not the owners making up stories because I've known most of them for years and a two of them would go through great lengths to find parts for me. From a customer standpoint, this doesn't make HPI look good even if it's not HPI causing the problem. I have this feeling that these distributors are not ordering the Pro4 parts because they don't want to be stuck with the inventory. They should at least advise the shops that they can special order the Pro4 parts. The Pro4 I have now is actually my second Pro4 and I figured that, in the past, HPI has been great with parts support which is large reason why I bought both in the first place. Just to give you an idea how much so, I only got rid of my Pro2 a little over a year ago.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Serious Pro 4 for sale!

Hey, guys!
If, anyone is looking for a really good Pro 4 - I've got one for sale. It has a lot of hop ups and a ton of spares - open and still in the pkgs.. Two chassis (2mm & 3mm), 2mm & 3mm upper decks (both w/ tweak mods), ceramic bearings, titanium screws, titanium input shafts, lightweight aluminum spur holder, graphite center drive shaft (x2), stock aluminum center drive shaft, graphite camber mounts (plus a spare) & extra stock versions, graphite upper bumper mount (plus a spare), pivot block spacer set, pivot block set, delrin pivot balls, Pro 4 spring set, full swaybar set, delrin differentials (w/ extra delrin halves), stock differentials (w/ extra graphite halves), extra differential internal parts (inlcuding heavy duty t-nut), one-way & spool, alumium and steel CVD bones & axles, front & rear shock towers, suspension arms (including high traction version), multiple sets of caster blocks ranging from: 0 degree to 6 degree, extra steering knuckles and rear hubs, aluminum lower shock retainers, shock parts, bulkhead cases (top & bottom), heavy duty self-lubricating ball cups, extra plastic bumper mounts, front & rear hinge pins, extra plastic bell crank parts (including graphite steering plate), wide range of aluminum spacers, shims, ball studs (titanium studs on car), set screws, etc.. Many un-opened parts.
All selling for $300.00! Please PM me if, interested. I'll get some pics for those seriously interested.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Hey, guys!
If, anyone is looking for a really good Pro 4 - I've got one for sale.
All selling for $300.00! Please PM me if, interested. I'll get some pics for those seriously interested.
Sounds like we have a true Tamiya addict here! See you after the holidays buddy!
Old 12-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Speedy
Sounds like we have a true Tamiya addict here! See you after the holidays buddy!
Don't make assumptions.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Don't make assumptions.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i hope this thread didnt just die on me ... i just got a pro4!
Old 01-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Vlozity: Good move! Dont worry that wont happen.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geetoo
Vlozity: Good move! Dont worry that wont happen.
thanks, nice to know that!

btw, does anyone here have setup sheets for drifting? rubber, abs or pvc would be great ... tia!
Old 02-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default I`m Back

Hey Pro 4 Guys; Sorry I didn`t get back. My computer was out for 2-months.

I thought this Pro 4 spot would be Dead; but it`s Not.....Yet.....Ha Ha!

I`m still Hopping-Up My Evo 5 and it now runs just as good as My Pro 4.
(My Evo 5 is Costing Me a Few $s.....I`ve spent over $650.00 already.)
-I`m afraid to race it.

Hey bxpitbull; You`re alright? You are the life of these message spots.....Ha Ha! You always bring-up a cool topic.

Take Care
Old 02-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

In Hawaii, the guys drifting the Pro4 have been using the spool in the rear. This is with a abs & pvc wheels on a smaller tighter track. Other than that, most of them use the stock suspension settings and may make a few minor adjustments here and there. For the most part, I didn't really care for the way my Pro4 drifted compared to my TL01. However, if you use rubber tires, it drifts pretty good without the spool in the rear.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.