Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dontfeelcold
Has anyone had any problems with their Pro4 with cronic understeer that you can't gt rid off? No matter what setup change I make, the car always understeers, Ive tried setup sfrom people who have their cars working really well, but I still get understeer. I don't know if its a problem with a part or something I have assembled incorrectly. Any help appreciatted.
Check to make sure you're getting full steering throw from your radio endpoints. Also.. and this a big one - If, you're using 2, 4 or 6 degree caster blocks, make sure they're not on the wrong side of the car. This will make your car understeer, bad!
Old 07-17-2005, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Here is a video of the track I run at. The layout changes from race to race, but its generally this size and config.

http://hpiracing.com/movie/PICT1932k.mov
Nice video! Your track look like it has a lot of traction. Are you running foam or rubber? Is that the normal layout? If, not, are all the layouts similar in design? If, so, I would go with a diff or a spool. The track has slow corners (180 degree and 90 degree truns). You have to slow down considerably to make it thru those turns.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dontfeelcold...I would suspect there is a bent or broken part somewhere.Strip the car down tochassis and bottom gearbox halfs,check everything as you assemble it especially hinge pins.If possible put car on set up station and double check setup(camber/toe/droop etc)
Old 07-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Can anyone tell me...

which AE diff nut do I need for the Pro4? Is it the AE steel or pastic diff rebuild kit?

Also need the part number for the new Hara Pro 4 motor mount? Anyone know where I can order one from? Tower?
Old 07-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Help!!!

anyone know what page the wide RPM TC3 bumper mod is on?
Old 07-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Nice video! Your track look like it has a lot of traction. Are you running foam or rubber? Is that the normal layout? If, not, are all the layouts similar in design? If, so, I would go with a diff or a spool. The track has slow corners (180 degree and 90 degree truns). You have to slow down considerably to make it thru those turns.
Yeah its generally like that but always different. Yeah I have an R40 as well with a one-way im thinking on trying something different for that one as well.

Yeah the spool sounds like fun. I have not driven a car with that yet. This allows braking correct?
Old 07-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Yeah its generally like that but always different. Yeah I have an R40 as well with a one-way im thinking on trying something different for that one as well.

Yeah the spool sounds like fun. I have not driven a car with that yet. This allows braking correct?
Yea put a spool in your pro 4, its only about $16.00 USD and is worth every penny IMO, on a tight track like that it should work a lot better than a one way and im not a big fan of a front diff in my pro4 so.
and yes the spool will allow lots of breaking.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Check to make sure you're getting full steering throw from your radio endpoints. Also.. and this a big one - If, you're using 2, 4 or 6 degree caster blocks, make sure they're not on the wrong side of the car. This will make your car understeer, bad!
I am pretty sure I have checked the castor blocks before, but I will check again just to be sure.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you use the Spool you should apply a bit of the HZ715 Pro Joint Grease, if not your Spool will wear out very fast.

I don't know if this has already been posted: Try to use 30shore O-rings in the dampers, this will make the car a bit more stable, especially when you drive over curps. If you got no 30Shore O-rings you can replace one O-Ring with an aluminium Spacer, this will have the same effect but you'll have to rebuild the dampers regularly.
You can mount the old Orings under your ballcups, this will take out a bit of clearence, but the suspension will still move very smooth.

The new 1.1mm 3 hole pistons are very good on carpet, should be the same like the Tamiya 3hole pistons but they will fit better on the shockshaft.
greetz from Germany
Old 07-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

I wanted to know anyones opinion on running a Pro4 with a front one-way and rear spool. I tried it this weekend on a very large parking lot track for nitro cars and it seemed to work well.
Does anyone have any good setup tips for running on a track like this?
My setup is below:

Front Rear
toe +2 -1
camber -2 -2
ride height 5mm 5.5.mm
springs soft integy super soft integy
roll bar none none
droop 5 3
caster 4 none
wheelbase short short
kick-up=none
anti-squat=none
roll center max max
tires cs27 with traction compound
shock position Left to right front=3rd hole rear=2nd hole

The car isn't handling bad at all, it's not oversteering or understeering to much. I just want some help in refining my setup on a large sweeping track
that some of yall might have more experience on. P.S. I want another second a lap

Thanks
Old 07-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vulso
I wanted to know anyones opinion on running a Pro4 with a front one-way and rear spool. I tried it this weekend on a very large parking lot track for nitro cars and it seemed to work well.
Does anyone have any good setup tips for running on a track like this?
My setup is below:

Front Rear
toe +2 -1
camber -2 -2
ride height 5mm 5.5.mm
springs soft integy super soft integy
roll bar none none
droop 5 3
caster 4 none
wheelbase short short
kick-up=none
anti-squat=none
roll center max max
tires cs27 with traction compound
shock position Left to right front=3rd hole rear=2nd hole

The car isn't handling bad at all, it's not oversteering or understeering to much. I just want some help in refining my setup on a large sweeping track
that some of yall might have more experience on. P.S. I want another second a lap

Thanks
What motor are u running, Stock, 19T, open mod?
Old 07-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

I am running a 27 team paradigm monster stock with a final drive ratio of 7.17.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

when you do a oneway and spool combo or even oneway front and rear what do you gain and what do you loose
Old 07-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fjm9898
when you do a oneway and spool combo or even oneway front and rear what do you gain and what do you loose
one-way front and rear? Your will just coast. Never really heard about anyone doing this but have thoght of it.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i know a sponsored guy that is doing that in is JRXS and i must say at out little carpet track the thing turns like crazy. i wanted to know if the same would go for my pro4 and wha are the down sides to it besides no brakes at all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.