Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 11:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have the same setup as zombie too. I finally managed to get the front one piece bevel shaft too. I tried installing the one piece in the rear too but couldn't figure out how to put it together. I ended up just using the spur gear from the Hara kit instead.

I'm still waiting for the 18mm heavy duty ball cup from the Hara kit. That should be available from Tower Hobbies soon. That's the last thing I need to update my Pro 4 to 2005/Hara specs.

Last edited by atomic80; 06-17-2005 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
rear I have the onepiece spur gear input shaft combo. (hara)
Does this allow the spur gear to be removed easier? For example, on the Yokomo MR4TCSD, the spur gear is quite simple to remove. However, I find with the Pro 4, you have to take off the whole upper deck. Not that I normally change spur gears, but it's just a good thing to have.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:53 AM
Tech Addict

I don't think so, it's basically the rear input shaft and spur gear mount just in one to stop any play or wobble you might get with the stock parts.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DOMOisCOOL
Does this allow the spur gear to be removed easier? For example, on the Yokomo MR4TCSD, the spur gear is quite simple to remove. However, I find with the Pro 4, you have to take off the whole upper deck. Not that I normally change spur gears, but it's just a good thing to have.

not only is it a single piece in the rear, it gets rid of the e-clip and uses a screw. it weighs much less, and it eliminates all but 1 shim (iirc, may be more than 1 left but most of them are eliminated), it uses a solid pin, not a roll pin (which can get bent easily).

basically its infinately better than the steel 2 piece design whether its better than the shaft with integrated bevel gear idk! my plan is to keep it in the rear and use the integrated bevel gear front shaft
Old 06-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default cyclone?? differences in handeling compared to the pro 4

i have a fully tricked out pro 4 and had a 6month hiatus from racing and i just saw the pics of the cyclone.....for stock and 19turn racing does anyone recommend the cyclone over the pro 4 or do u think the pro 4 is still compriable to modern day cars i.e. xray, corally, tamiya???
thanks
Old 06-19-2005, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm hoping someone can help me. Lately I seem to go through a set of front gears every race meeting, even though I'm running the 1.1 gears. I have the gears shimmed as per the manual.

No doubt somone might say to stop hitting things, but I'm no Hara, so hitting things is inevitable.

What can I do to stop stripping gears out? Is there a better shimming arrangement? Is there something I should be doing to the gears?
Old 06-19-2005, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

just try to find a right shim setup mayeb the gears are to close.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jayrodracer
i have a fully tricked out pro 4 and had a 6month hiatus from racing and i just saw the pics of the cyclone.....for stock and 19turn racing does anyone recommend the cyclone over the pro 4 or do u think the pro 4 is still compriable to modern day cars i.e. xray, corally, tamiya???
thanks
The Pro 4 IS a "modern day car".

Some think shaft drive cars are better for stock / 19 Turn (better acceleration) and belt drive cars for mod because they have smoother acceleration (low turn mods ie: 10 turns or lower).

Not sure where you've been hiding... but the Pro 4 is, and has been, one the top touring cars in r/c! I'm still wondering who does the voting in the Car Action magazine for top on-road vehicles?!? Maybe, someone can tell me how Associated touring cars win the electric AND nitro catagory every year? Not saying they aren't very good - they are, but the best?... I don't think so.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default Upper deck tweak?

I hope someone can answer this for me?

I have just bought my first car a pro4.

Am having some issues with understeer even at very slow speeds, LARGE turning circle. I have checked all the obvious settings. May be in my new JR XS3?

OR the tweak fix needed?? :>>What is "upper deck fixed so that the steering rack won't tweak" ?

Whatt is tweak???

Thanks for help.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Thor_jnb
I hope someone can answer this for me?

I have just bought my first car a pro4.

Am having some issues with understeer even at very slow speeds, LARGE turning circle. I have checked all the obvious settings. May be in my new JR XS3?

OR the tweak fix needed?? :>>What is "upper deck fixed so that the steering rack won't tweak" ?

Whatt is tweak???

Thanks for help.
If, the car is new and you assembled it correctly, it should not have any tweak. Question: Did you mistakenly, put the left 4 degree c-carrier (caster block) on the right and vise-versa? This would definitely cause your car to have a large turing radius.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Thor,
check your steering End Point Adjustment on your radio, too. You may need to increase the value to get full steering throw.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Or check some binding on your steering.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
...I'm still wondering who does the voting in the Car Action magazine for top on-road vehicles?!? Maybe, someone can tell me how Associated touring cars win the electric AND nitro catagory every year? Not saying they aren't very good - they are, but the best?... I don't think so.
Yeah, I saw that too. I immedietly threw the mag in the trash.
The B4 and T4 I was willing to give them because it is a 50/50 flip between AE and Losi cars.
But best TC??
That mag is purchased and paid for by AE. There is no question.
Top Five tourers in no particular order: Pro4, T1FK05, RDX, YOK (SD or BD), 415.
Notible mentions: JRXS, Sigma, Alex Racing etc.. etc..
Oh, yeah a very distant 10th, behind the TT-01 would be the AE car
ok, I'm just joking...9th.
I know it's readers choice and not "best", but who did all the voting, the staff at AE?
Old 06-19-2005, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scoobydo
Yeah, I saw that too. I immedietly threw the mag in the trash.
The B4 and T4 I was willing to give them because it is a 50/50 flip between AE and Losi cars.
But best TC??
That mag is purchased and paid for by AE. There is no question.
Top Five tourers in no particular order: Pro4, T1FK05, RDX, YOK (SD or BD), 415.
Notible mentions: JRXS, Sigma, Alex Racing etc.. etc..
Oh, yeah a very distant 10th, behind the TT-01 would be the AE car
ok, I'm just joking...9th.
I know it's readers choice and not "best", but who did all the voting, the staff at AE?
i agree on the voting. money buys everything (including justice cough mj cough)
Old 06-19-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

WHO CARES IT'S RCCA!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.