Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Hey there. What is the right re lube to use for one-way after i clean it?

Diffgrease or Trinity royal oil or...???
Old 12-16-2004, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

I think serpent actually do a specific lube for oneways.

wouldn't bet my life on it but i'm fairly sure.

I've never had much luck with oneways, they always seemed to fall apart after a rebuild
Old 12-16-2004, 01:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

i've got some of the serpent stuff, it looks feels and smells identical to hobbyco after run oil
Old 12-16-2004, 01:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Trinity2
Hey there. What is the right re lube to use for one-way after i clean it?

Diffgrease or Trinity royal oil or...???
HPI has their own line of Pro Diff Grease and One-way Grease.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Entropy
HPI has their own line of Pro Diff Grease and One-way Grease.
Those are only available in Asia IIRC - generally HPI recommends the blue cap lithium grease for the one-way bearings. I think you should be able to get it at a well-stocked hardware store too.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default ????????????????????????????????????

I was having a problem last race weekend that every time i would go into a corner the car would enter awesome, mid corner still awesome and exit still still awesome!, but every time I would rip on the throttle (whether i was real smooth or punched it with a real fast 19t motor) the car would break loose and I cheacked the tweak and it was perfect, do u know what that could be from, i run on a track similar to the '04 worlds layout with medium to high bite and im running haras nats setup with slightly softer oil and with the stock kit springs
Old 12-16-2004, 03:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: ????????????????????????????????????

Originally posted by jayrodracer
I was having a problem last race weekend that every time i would go into a corner the car would enter awesome, mid corner still awesome and exit still still awesome!, but every time I would rip on the throttle (whether i was real smooth or punched it with a real fast 19t motor) the car would break loose and I cheacked the tweak and it was perfect, do u know what that could be from, i run on a track similar to the '04 worlds layout with medium to high bite and im running haras nats setup with slightly softer oil and with the stock kit springs
Check your diff(s)
Old 12-16-2004, 04:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: ????????????????????????????????????

Originally posted by sponger
Check your diff(s)
if im running a spool would that mean the rear diff was to tight or loose?

thanks
jarrod
Old 12-16-2004, 04:42 AM
Tech Adept

Serpent does have a one way lube. I have been using it on my nitro cars. After every race, clean the one way with motor cleaner, then put 1 or 2 drops of the one way lube in the one way. The one way should last a long time.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Frank McKinney
Those are only available in Asia IIRC - generally HPI recommends the blue cap lithium grease for the one-way bearings. I think you should be able to get it at a well-stocked hardware store too.
My LHS sells both the Pro Joint Grease and the One-way grease by HPI...
Old 12-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
what gear ratio do you recommend with that tape..
Stock, or mod?
Old 12-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Default New to the Pro4

Hi guys, after a while of running a TRF415, I've decided to try a pro 4. should be ordering it in the next couple of days, but have a few Q's I hope you can help me with. Firstly, I'm ordering the "1.1" kit, what does this mean? I'm also ordering a front diff set, but what other parts are worthwhile buying? I will be running it on carpet with rubber tyres. I'm on a bit of a budget and therefore am not too bothered about 'bling' purple buts, just stuff which actually make a difference to performance. thanks in advance to any help.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: New to the Pro4

Originally posted by g4t2
,..... Firstly, I'm ordering the "1.1" kit, what does this mean? I'm also ordering a front diff set, but what other parts are worthwhile buying? I will be running it on carpet with rubber tyres. I'm on a bit of a budget and therefore am not too bothered about 'bling' purple buts, just stuff which actually make a difference to performance. thanks in advance to any help.
Hello. The 1.1 kit should have the updated gears. HPI just beefed up the gears in the transmission.
For running stock or 19 turn rubber tires on carpet, my son has been running a front diff, 0* front toe in block and 2* rear toe in block. Other than that it's stock. Wait, I think he went to a stiffer springs. Assoc. copper 25 lbs in front, and Red rear spring (20 lbs).

Setting up for rubber tires on carpet is a little touchy, but the box setup is very close with the changes I listed above. You'll like.
For mod foam tires, try Moores setup on the HPI Europe site.

take care
john
Old 12-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Here's another question for Erik S., or maybe Thad:

In Andy Moore's (and Thad's for that matter) setup, he limits up travel pretty severely. What is he trying to achieve with this? Is he getting rid of the last .5 mm of the actual roll in the car, or is he getting the car onto the stops all over the track? i saw his car at Cleveland, and it did look smooth, effortless to drive and fast. I'm just trying to get at what the thought behind this is, so i can add it into my thinking when I'm at the track.

Thanks
Old 12-16-2004, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Check your email Rob.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.