Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Erik

we going to see any kind of aluminum diff bulkheads anytime in the future?
Old 12-02-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

gijoe64: The Andy Kraemer setup is also using rubber tires on carpet. Others have used Thad’s asphalt setup with some luck.

Loosenut: The only item you have to address is that the steering blocks fit slightly tight in the c-hubs. We’re testing preproduction corrected parts now. They will come out as a running change. Other than filing those, all that you need to do is prep and seal the chassis edges (like any graphite plate car) and build with care, noting any update sheets included in your kit. There is a version 1.1 gear and backing plate that comes with the newest batches. Ensure that it is included and that it is, literally. US customers can call customer service if their kit doesn’t have the version 1.1 gears. I spent a lot of time making sure all the little details the pro drivers used to do by hand on other cars are automatically incorporated into the fit of the stock parts. Take your time building the car and you are set. Oh yeah, make sure you have quality hand tools… it is almost assumed, but anytime I have seen hardware problems it stems from old hand tools or low quality hand tools. Hands down with the Pro 4, you will have one of the quietest and one of the smoothest drivetrains for a box stock car. The stock bearings are already lubed with light oil instead of grease so you don’t even have to degrease them and re-lube.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally posted by Erik Shauver
AdrianM: So true about the chassis thickness!! Literally lol!
I would like to know when some of the after market parts for the Pro 4 From HPI will hit the States? Like the Graphite Shaft, Alu center post, Alu out drives? They are for sale everywhere but the US.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

rc-zombies: I consulted the magic 8 ball...
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-answer.gif  
Old 12-02-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

That is classic
Old 12-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: essential mods or fixes?

Originally posted by loosenut
I"m debating between tc4 or pro4....don't know much about pro4 except from what I've heard it's a fast car..and it's shaft just like the tc4....

Any must fixes or mods that I should know about if I want to race it? Durability issues? Or your thoughts on tc4 vs. pro4...I know i'm in the pro4 section of the forum so I'll get some what biased opinion. But that's ok I posted in tc4 forum as well! Thx.

Gary
I wouldnt even consider a TC4 right now, every driver at our track is having problems with it, all the stuff you need to lighten the car up as well as tune it is in high demand, and after the fact the car still is bad. My friend bought every part to bring the TC4 up to factory team specs and the car was still bad, and crap at cleveland.
The only thing you need is a front diff if you want it. I got my Pro 4 less than a month ago, since I have started running with the car I have won twice and gotten 2nd once. And this is just running the stock setup. last week I started tuning the car and it only got faster. The car is absolutely perfect, you will have more frustrating days and broken arms with that car than with any other car. The pro 4 is the way to go, I can do nothing but throw a new battery in the car and it is consistenly is fast and sets the best times of the heats. Now im done AE bashing, theyll figure it out, but with the pro 4 there's nothing to figure out.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Front Diff or Oneway?

I have been reading through the post and I see people mention that they are running on carpet, so they are using a front diff. Is that because they are running foams? Or is that true for rubber on carpet as well? I will be running in the stock class, using rubber tires, on a small tight track (70' X40') with a lot of traction...which should I use? I am new to racing and I understand that a diff would be easier to drive....

Thanks for your help...
Old 12-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Go with the diff for a tight track.....

Last edited by Tres; 12-02-2004 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

PitNamedGordie: Generally, you will want to run a one-way for rubber tires on carpet (see the "but" below). For foam tires on carpet, you almost always use 2 diffs (99% of the time). Since you mentioned you are new to racing, I would actually strongly advise that you run 2 diffs, especially with the smaller track you described. With two differentials, if you crash, there is some "give" in the drivetrain on impacts, which will protect all the rotating parts. It also depends somewhat on the track barriers. I would guess though that a carpet track that is 70'x40' would have 2x4's, or PVC for lane dividers, which can both be brutal to touring car parts. Also, try this bumper mod with a BRP TC3 bumper for tracks that like to "eat" cars.

Bumper Template

Bumper Installed

Foam Installed

So, I guess technically this is another mod you can do if you race at tracks with 2x4/ 4x4 barriers or PVC pipe with exposed connectors at corners.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I may have to design one during the off season.. and ready for next year...
Old 12-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

What would people use on a small track on a concrete track? I.e. one way or diff?

Cheers,

Mossie
Old 12-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally posted by Mossie
What would people use on a small track on a concrete track? I.e. one way or diff?

Cheers,

Mossie
A soild or diff..........
Old 12-03-2004, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

Unhappy

I`d like to share couple of my Pro4 pictures to you, but i miss something how it make wright

Sorry about that, but can anyone help this out?

Thanks
Old 12-03-2004, 03:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

See the Adding Images section on this page:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/misc.php?action=bbcode
Old 12-03-2004, 05:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Post Thick chassis

Just after any opinions on option thicker chassis (3mm and the like).
If anyone has tried either top or bottom deck or both for thatt matter, I would like to see your opinion.
Thanks

Adam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.