Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: KAI Chassis

Originally posted by Mossie
Hi,

Has anyone got any of these at this link. Sorry its in another language (Japanese?). What do you think.

http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~kmodels/

Cheers,

Mossie
not worth the money. expect to pay double the kit price for a Kai chassis set.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Hello again. Just wanted to know if anyone else is having problems with their one-way? The one I have slips like crazy. I've cleaned it and even tried it dry, and it still slips. The one-way is new, so It's not worn, and the outdrives show NO wear. I'm at my end with this thing. What's the fix?

Ron
Old 09-28-2004, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Ron Meloni
Hello again. Just wanted to know if anyone else is having problems with their one-way? The one I have slips like crazy. I've cleaned it and even tried it dry, and it still slips. The one-way is new, so It's not worn, and the outdrives show NO wear. I'm at my end with this thing. What's the fix?

Ron
Backwards?
Old 09-28-2004, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

No . Both wheels spin freely if spun forwards. However, if you hold the spur tightly and turn either the right or left front wheel backwards, it takes several rotations before the one-way catches. The unit is quite new, and both outdrives are unmarred and show no signs of wear. As a last ditch effort I soaked the one-way in denatured alcohol to clean it, hoping that it was too heavily lubed from the factory, and it seemed to help. But after a while, it began to slip again. I did read the Xtreme R/C article on the sedan shootout that the HPI's one-way slipped for them while testing, but I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this. The ROAR sedan regionals are in a couple weeks, so I'm a little pressed to find a solution. Anyone?

Ron
Old 09-28-2004, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

I have no problem with slippage... you may want to send it back to HPI and get a new one...
Old 09-28-2004, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Make sure you grease the outdrives of the one-way, when it comes new it isn't lubed very well and does slip. You can buy special one-way grease which works a treat.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Skill
Make sure you grease the outdrives of the one-way, when it comes new it isn't lubed very well and does slip. You can buy special one-way grease which works a treat.
the kit grey grease work well with the one-way as well.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Ron Meloni
No . Both wheels spin freely if spun forwards. However, if you hold the spur tightly and turn either the right or left front wheel backwards, it takes several rotations before the one-way catches. The unit is quite new, and both outdrives are unmarred and show no signs of wear. As a last ditch effort I soaked the one-way in denatured alcohol to clean it, hoping that it was too heavily lubed from the factory, and it seemed to help. But after a while, it began to slip again. I did read the Xtreme R/C article on the sedan shootout that the HPI's one-way slipped for them while testing, but I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this. The ROAR sedan regionals are in a couple weeks, so I'm a little pressed to find a solution. Anyone?

Ron
A friend of mine had the same problem, he called up HPI and they sent him a brand new One-Way unit.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Skill
Skill,

Can you give us an oil brand name or a Web site where we could order this one-way grease? And have you discovered what makes it so special that it works so well with one ways?

thanks!
Old 09-28-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

I talked to the guys at HPI myself, and was told the same thing. I love customer service. Unfortunately, I don't want to take a chance of not getting it back in time for the ROAR regionals. So, I called Hobbytown and found they had enough diff parts on the wall that I can build a "locked spool" and hopefully that will be enough to get by with for the race. I'll just have to wait to send in my one-way until after the event.

Thanks guys,

Ron
Old 09-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Serpent has a great one-way grease, but that's what I used and it still slips.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

The stuff I use is actually HPI Grease, it's called "Pro One-way grease". Not sure on a part number though....

I actually used to use a thin oil to lube my one-way without any slipping in my Pro 3, I don't think it matters too much just as long as you do give it some lubrication, because from the factory it's not too good.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Default NEW OPTION PARTS:

Looks like HPI is releasing some new parts for the Pro4:

Camber brace supports... looks like the one made by Jet.:

New Arms for low traction surfaces... more flex:

Aluminum steering linkage:

Complete Pro4 spring set:

Erik...
When is the Spool coming out?
Old 09-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: NEW OPTION PARTS:

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Looks like HPI is releasing some new parts for the Pro4:

Camber brace supports... looks like the one made by Jet.:
that's true. looks as if HPI is on colaboration with Jet and Square.
HPI's aluminum steering arms looks more beefy than the one from Jet.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

I wish that instead of all the aluminum crap they would mold the steering blocks 2 to a package and not a front block and a rear hub.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.