Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the replys. You know the really freaky part about this- I had this set up working pretty nicely when I came up to the track the other day to practice. I was using the AE blues and the CS32s and it was pretty neutral. Yesterday when I started out with that very same set up it felt like driving on ice. I cant figure it out. I dont think the track conditions were all that different. Could changing the front camber really make that much of a difference?

I know the diff is fine cause I had just tightened it the day before the race.

Just out of curiosity what wieght are those gold springs. The blues are 17lbs, are the gold softer or harder. Can someone link me to a chart of AE's springs, that would really help
Old 07-19-2004, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think its 19lb
Old 07-19-2004, 04:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Have you checked your tweak? Sounds like the cars tweaked if it's handling in one corner and not another.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

when did I say it handled different in one corner than another? I said it handled crappy in EVERY corner

thanks syntex1
Old 07-19-2004, 05:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default TI. screws

Does anyone know were i can get a Titanuim screw kit for my pro4? I would just order from speedtechrc but they are out of stock.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

All I can say is if you cant get a Pro4 to handle..go back to offroad.. I do have a question,Why would you put associated springs on the car before trying the stock springs.. If the 32's were not working,why not try 27's first,rather than drop to 23's,are you using the kit oil..or did you change that also..just asking,so dont get upset.I just read on this board about how some guy's cant get their Pro4's to work and the one's I have are soooo dialed using the stock set up(but with no sway bar)at the track I race at my car is so hooked up I'm running Yokomo sprints (firms with soft inserts)Most guy's at our track can't use them.. I am just as interested in understanding why your Pro4 wont handle as you guy's are,on the "stock" setup are you running it as the book says to,or have you made "improvements"ie: camber,caster..etc.I'm just interested in the setup as far as "stock" goes.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: TI. screws

Originally posted by HuDy WiNnEr
Does anyone know were i can get a Titanuim screw kit for my pro4? I would just order from speedtechrc but they are out of stock.
Email Steve at Speedtech to make sure. He just put a Ti screw kit together for me. He may have just forgotten to update his site
Old 07-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Last Sunday, my Pro 4 wouldn't handle good at first with the Take Off CS-27's, but the car hooked up real well with the CS-22's. It's odd because the temp range of the 22's were way out of the track temp we had last Sunday. I was running copper's up front and silver's in the back with 5mm ride height and 5mm droop all around, and 3.0 block in the back.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AzNDRAGster
I'd hate to win a race, you get cold water dumped on you.
As hot and muggy that it was, I'm sure the cold water felt pretty good at the time.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Aku-Man
Do you guys balance out your pro4? I have to add 40g to the right side to make left and right balanced.

ya ive had to add 20g to my front right to make the car balance better.....but it was worth it tho

lazy
Old 07-19-2004, 11:50 PM

RC_SQUARE24 the shock towers seem to be thicker then the 1st one , and it was an unopen kit , i too had the MIP elongate so much they pulled out the pin , i find the tc3 one fit in just change the end,

IRS
MY TOYS racing
HPI PRO4
YOKONO SD DRIFT
NOVAK
Old 07-20-2004, 12:43 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Diff time :)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Not if I get it first...
I fitted the new Delrin diffs outdrives to my car this weekend and they really look trick. The bearings are a really tight fit to get on though and there was a lot of choice language used. But on the track car was good .... can't say it was down to the diff though ...!

I am also using the associated diff thrust spring, and t-nut and bolt. Diff is super smooth and a bit lighter with the new delrin outdrives. If I had a super accurate scale I could tell by how much

Now I want to use my old parts to make a spool..... any advice??
Old 07-20-2004, 12:53 AM
Tech Addict

Any pics of the delrin outdrives?
Old 07-20-2004, 01:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Skill
Any pics of the delrin outdrives?
I'll take some pics when I get home tonight ...! Seems there are none on HPI site and therefore the online shops don't have any ... but not much to see ... they are just white versions of the standard diff outdrives
Old 07-20-2004, 01:39 AM
Tech Regular

Somebody was asking about a spool for the Pro4. Get the Losi spool pads for the xxx-s and follow the instructions. The pads are just sandpaper cut to the size of the diff rings and you leave out the diff balls.

I ran the one-way and the spool at the Nats. Lap times were about the same, but much easier to drive with the spool. Also had brakes to make passing easier.

My car was one of the fastest in the stock class. With the spool I could run less rear toe in (1 degree) for more speed on the straight. Also the tires didn't overheat as the spool makes the car go around the corners with very little sliding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.