Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Erik...

...yeah, I'm venting a bit. It's just frustrating, because you guys seem to take the attitude that it's not really an HPI issue, it's just that nobody is ordering stuff. It doesn't appear from our (the customer's) end that that is the case.

I'd really like to know why you guys can't sell the parts direct like everyone else does. If you know this is a constant and recurring problem (there was another guy @ Ultimate looking in vain for MT2 stuff last night), then why don't you guys *do* something to make a positive change instead of just pointing fingers?

Most successful companies nowadays would never take the attutude you guys seem to have... to paraphrase: "We may have a few items on BO, but it's really more the fault of the distributors, LHS's and the customers for not managing their orders properly."

If you have parts up there on the hill (I work part time near Trabuco and Bake), then why won't you sell them to the people who need them? Why not just provide a "backup" source of parts for people who need them until the distributors and retail stores get up to speed?

If you really don't have them...that's another thing entirely...that wouldn't be cool at all. Parts to a touring car are like oil and gas to a full-size car, they're "consumables"-- but I trust that you of all people would already know that.

I really do admire the fact that you're willing to come on here and face the heat -- I just wish that either you could do something about it yourself or go over and talk to someone who is able do something about it. It seems like you guys have the company attitude that what happens in the other departments is their business...

And I really do like HPI, I have four of them...I'd just like to be able to get parts without having to get a passport.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by Erik Shauver; 09-12-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

im sure u guys are doing your best
Old 04-30-2004, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default You want to talk quotes?

Here's your quote:

"Regarding everyone’s need for parts in general: While everyone can sit back and blame us, if we don't get orders for parts, we can't fill them. If they are truly on B/O, then we'll need to figure it out. To say your hobby shop has them on B/O could mean it is on B/O with their distributor, who may or may not have them on order with us."

You ought to chill dude...I didn't take a swipe at you and I think I paraphrased it pretty accurately.

I'd say Frank's post is essentially a more expansive version of yours...(again, paraphrasing)"People aren't ordering enough parts==> shops don't order enough parts==> distributors don't order enough parts==>HPI doesn't order enough parts...and it takes a long time to get stuff because it comes from a long ways away, etc."

It's really not that complicated to sort out what you guys said. What's also clear is that there's not much (if any) acknowledgment of responsibility or a hint of what's going on to rectify the situation.

If you don't have parts, then it *is* on you, just like I said.

If you do, then it's on the distributors, LHS's and I guess us for not being properly oriented to the HPI way of doing business.

hmmm...I thought it was supposed to work the other way around?

Which one is it? Ultimate *is* a distributor, right? They have a big empty space waiting for parts...and I mean BIG.

No wait...I think it's all becoming clearer by the moment what the problem is.

And really Erik...I don't think it's you that ought to be getting pissed at me. It ought to be you getting pissed at the way you guys do business that keeps people from using the really bitchin' car you designed.

That's what *I* think...but what do I know? I'm just a dumbass customer with a bitchin' $300 paperweight sitting in the closet. I was going to throw it in the storage bin with the Rustler, but I really do like it.

Last edited by Turbo Joe; 04-30-2004 at 12:43 AM.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: You want to talk quotes?

Well spoken, Turbo Joe.

Especially the below part, which express quite well how I see it.

Originally posted by Turbo Joe
It's really not that complicated to sort out what you guys said. What's also clear is that there's not much (if any) aknowledgement of responsibility or a hint of what's going on to rectify the situation.
Here in Europe, things aint the same, but it seems like the big picture is quite equal.

However, HPI have made changes to the supply chain. From an out side point of view, it looks like an even bigger and centralized solution. Which usually is bigger, and with lower service. But I'll give it a shot or two.

I've been racing with HPI cars for 4 years, and have seen support degrading over time. So the new supply chain better work
Old 04-30-2004, 01:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Guys - Erik is in R&D. Not purchasing. He's not involved with the website or Buy HPI in any way. Can't put it much clearer than that.

If you want stuff on Buy HPI I'm sure it's on a big "to do" list (and not in the R&D department), and if you want to know the progress of that work contact HPI USA to see what's going on. So don't blame Erik for the wait in parts, it's quite simply not his department. As he said he's on the forum in his spare time when he could be doing plenty of other things trying to help, so now that he won't be coming back to the forum for a few days (or at least responding) you'll have to sort out what to do on your own.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:21 AM
Tech Initiate

At least you lot in the US don't have to pay the prices for spares that we do here in the UK!

We pay in pounds what you do in dollars!

Example
You pay $10 for wishbones and we pay £10 which equals $17.67!

Thats Nearly twice as much!!!
Old 04-30-2004, 01:25 AM
X2
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Rich_p
At least you lot in the US don't have to pay the prices for spares that we do here in the UK!

We pay in pounds what you do in dollars!

Example
You pay $10 for wishbones and we pay £10 which equals $17.67!

Thats Nearly twice as much!!!
That tis annoying but its the same with everything here.
when I used to get TC3 parts from my LHS they just put a pound sign over the dollar sign
Old 04-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by X2
That tis annoying but its the same with everything here.
when I used to get TC3 parts from my LHS they just put a pound sign over the dollar sign
Thats what they do with my B4 parts to

Makes me wonder how much the shops/distributers actually pay for them!
Old 04-30-2004, 01:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

I paid £13 for a TC3 clip-on heatsink and the price on the header card said $13 (the shop owner even said the price was in pounds, not dollars), so yeah it is the same. That's the price we in Britain pay for having such a strong currency (the Great Britain Pound). But that allows me to order things from the US and not mind paying $40 airmail shipping, or consider a top of the line KO radio from Hong Kong and pay roughly 60% of the listed price (thank goodness for international Paypal) So it's a trade-off and a separate argument/complaint.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

rayhuang, the setup you posted a page back for The Gate would you say that's for high bite or low bite (At The Gate)??? I see you're using the 3^ of toe in the rear, is this because you don't have the other blocks yet to change this or have you found the car to be faster with this amount of toe???

Downforce, did you ever get that chassis cut??? You know the one you showed me at the Nats, how did it work???
Old 04-30-2004, 04:56 AM
Tech Adept

TT-Ray is cracking the wip for me. I'm still waiting for it, but I havn't ran since the nats anyway.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by The Teacher
rayhuang, the setup you posted a page back for The Gate would you say that's for high bite or low bite (At The Gate)??? I see you're using the 3^ of toe in the rear, is this because you don't have the other blocks yet to change this or have you found the car to be faster with this amount of toe???

Downforce, did you ever get that chassis cut??? You know the one you showed me at the Nats, how did it work???
3º is only because its what I had. I am sure that 2º is better.

This set-up is easy to drive-very. BUt its not super fast at the Gate. Traction would be mid high for club racing-low compared to Nats or Birds!!!

Ray
Old 04-30-2004, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

Please go to this forum to see if you are interested in these aluminum parts for the PRO 4

These parts will be around $20 up a piece.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...760#post855760

Regards,
Jason
www.Asiatees.com
Old 04-30-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

I simply do not understand all this complaining about parts. I bought the car three weeks ago and had my local shop order all the spare parts I thought I would need because they do not plan on stocking anything soon since I am the only one with a Pro4 locally. I ordered all kinds of stuff from bearings to roll center spacers to steering bushings, diffs, oneway,etc. I received everything except for gears,arms,steering block-hubs and cvd bones. The gears showed up this week. Now, I know I was asking where to find spare arms but thanks to some posts as to where to find them (Ultimate Hobbies) I called last Wednesday and ordered two sets so now I am covered on them. I am still waiting for the hubs and bones but I know I can pick the phone up and call KT Hobbies and get them as well. No biggie. Yea, I know I am going to get flamed on this post but I just dont think that the parts issue is serious enough to send racers that are looking at getting the car down the road to another car when this one is such a great platform. Heck, even people as big as LOSI cannot keep up with demand on the black belt conversion for the XXX-S's.

I hope everybody hits the tracks this weekend so we can compare notes and learn more about what the car wants on all surfaces.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.