Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by jrighter
Kevin made a few. First one is pretty good but still not wide enough. The second one is awesome but the material that he had to use is pretty poor. No fault of his just trying different materials. I'll see if he has any of the first ones laying around. We'll be at the gate the 18th and hook ya up. Run the car yet?
Cool deal-I wont be there on the 18th as I'll be in Columbus all weekend at a wedding (I'm best man).

But we can hook-up someway. THis car has gone about 0.5mph on my woodfloor setting the trims and circles last night. I am afraid thats it.

I bught it used and it was built very well-but I am constantly taking it apart and making little changes. Tonight I will rebuild the rear diff as the grease in it and the stock spring makes it so I have to tighten it down WAY too much to get it nearly locked.

Ray
Old 04-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Rookie

can someone post the right partnumber for that associated diff spring please.

Regards from Europe
Ollymann
Old 04-13-2004, 08:51 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Damn Ray you beat me to the punch and have your Pro 4 posted first. Well it looks great. Now I want to get home even faster now.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Have you tried the tc3 spring?
Originally posted by rayhuang
Cool deal-I wont be there on the 18th as I'll be in Columbus all weekend at a wedding (I'm best man).

But we can hook-up someway. THis car has gone about 0.5mph on my woodfloor setting the trims and circles last night. I am afraid thats it.

I bught it used and it was built very well-but I am constantly taking it apart and making little changes. Tonight I will rebuild the rear diff as the grease in it and the stock spring makes it so I have to tighten it down WAY too much to get it nearly locked.

Ray
Old 04-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by jrighter
Have you tried the tc3 spring?
Yes-I did it on the front diff which I built new. ITs LOCKED solid about two turns out from full tight!! So it feels like a loose diff-till you try and get some diff action!!! Sweet. Gotta love old AE Stealth lube!!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well hopefully we can race one another some day. Can't wait to get the smack laid down on me this weekend. LOL
Old 04-13-2004, 09:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Nice chassis Ray...

Now the only question is: PRP or BMI....hmmm

Buddha
Old 04-13-2004, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Everyone-thanks for the nice comments about the BMI conversion. Now I have to decide-put $50 custom painted body on it or buy a body and go White on White scheme!! With all the front arm sweep and rear toe in-if I cut a body and move the arms all over the place-the wheel wells will be big ugly hacked up holes after a few weeks. OH-the stupid things I worry about!!

Wheres a pic of the PRP Pro4 BUddha? Please post a link!!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Link-what link-DUHHH!!!!! FOund PRP!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Ollymann, the part numbers that I am trying for the rear diff are:

Assoc #6582 Diff Thrust Spring
Assoc #6575 T-Nut & Thrust Bolt Kit

The stock thrust washers fit perfectly on the Associated bolt. With the Associated t-nut,bolt and spring I did not have to tighten down the diff nearly as tight to get it locked. The hex socket head it easier to tighten than the stock slotted bolt as well. If a person wants to make a spool these would be the parts to use as you can tighten the diff down so tight that it actually locks the diff halves. Time will tell but so far so good.

Doug
Old 04-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Doug
The only AE parts used are the diff thrust spring, and diffbolt/T-nut combo, correct?. With the HPI diff parts it makes a sweet solid axle?
I might have 3 or 4 sets of the AE parts needed.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally posted by Doug Gaut
Ollymann, the part numbers that I am trying for the rear diff are:

Assoc #6582 Diff Thrust Spring
Assoc #6575 T-Nut & Thrust Bolt Kit

The stock thrust washers fit perfectly on the Associated bolt. With the Associated t-nut,bolt and spring I did not have to tighten down the diff nearly as tight to get it locked. The hex socket head it easier to tighten than the stock slotted bolt as well. If a person wants to make a spool these would be the parts to use as you can tighten the diff down so tight that it actually locks the diff halves. Time will tell but so far so good.

Doug
Doug,

Did you use the diff parts for the plastic diff or the steel diff?

I'll try it tommorrow, but I want to move the spring to the other side using the AE t bolt from the steel diff....
Old 04-13-2004, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

I picked the parts up at the local offroad shop so I would guess they are for the steel Assoc diffs like what is in the B4.

Does anybody know if there are steel outdrives for the Pro4? I would rather build a solid axle from those but if not I will run the one out of the stock plastic parts I built and hope that the outdrives do not break. It does make a nice light spool. I dont think you can get a stock diff nut,spring,bolt tight enough to make a spool and have it hold.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anybody looking to buy a Hara Twister ( KO VFS-2000 )?
Macky has a new one for sale at a great price... I would take it...but I already have 2..
Old 04-13-2004, 03:55 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

New BMI Pro4 Titanium chassis set:
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-bmi-pro4-chassis.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.