Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Very Sad!
Old 03-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Devil_Yellow
....NE1 having trouble with tweak... my car constantly wants to tweak the chassis without a hit just seems to want to be in that position... have loosened the shocks, topdeck and reset but it just wants to go back after a couple of races.

I also have a problem with the car being extremely loud. I have checked diff backlash and all is sweet and it rolls expremely well just on the track it makes a shreeking noise like some of the corallys start to when the get old... I have 3 pro4's - one for concrete and one for ashphalt one for parts - so im think im gonna parts this one and use one of the others...
someone suggested mounting the upper deck backwards and using button head screws...I haven't tried it yet..but may be worth trying if you have extra screws.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:31 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The hexes are inside the rims who cares what color they are....

NE1 having trouble with tweak... my car constantly wants to tweak the chassis without a hit just seems to want to be in that position... have loosened the shocks, topdeck and reset but it just wants to go back after a couple of races.

I also have a problem with the car being extremely loud. I have checked diff backlash and all is sweet and it rolls expremely well just on the track it makes a shreeking noise like some of the corallys start to when the get old... I have 3 pro4's - one for concrete and one for ashphalt one for parts - so im think im gonna parts this one and use one of the others...
Devil - hold the car up and roll on the throttle. You can usually tell where the noise is coming from, be it the front or the rear.

You will also want to check your gear mesh on the motor, and diff gear mesh with all the diff case screws in.

Tweak - Did tighten everything in a cross pattern? Did you hit anything hard enough to shift the chassis?

1 - 4
3 - 2
Old 03-10-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

No didnt hit hard enough ... not hits at all
I finished second in the A-Main - The car just gets progressively worse over each race...dont have time to tear down and resolve after each race. The car is not tweaked when I put it back together it just progressively wast to loose the rear on lefthanders......then you check and ohh its tweaked again.

It just wants to ge back to a tweaked position. I think the drilling must be slightly out with this car....

The car only makes the noises under load.. not so much when you are going straight more in turns...so I checked the the cv's and they are ok but it is hard to isolate as I cant listen when the car is under load....need a rolling road......

Getting new spur today - this one is real thin and is less likely to cause a problem. It only a couple of bucks so its worth a try

Last edited by Devil_Yellow; 03-10-2004 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I got a chance to run the car on foams at a paragon track. This was with the Hara setup with the exception of stock suspension blocks and the one way. And the 6* caster block. I put Trinity purple stuff in the one way to kill the action. This works ok for club races in stock, but if the traction comes up much at all you are toast.

Despite all that the car was really good! Tended to over rotate prolly due to the excessive toe in and was a little unpredictable getting into the corner at times,(due to the one way) but I was ok. Timmy Heiser (AE driver) hada about a .3 faster best lap than i did. Brad Johnson (Hurricane Motorsports) was about the same as Timmy. They definitely had a 2- 3 tenths a lap better average, but I felt good considering the circumstances.

One thing is did play with was the front track width. I had a .5 spacer to start on each side, then went to 0, then back to .5. The best lap times were with no spacers. The car seemed to have a bit more overall steering witrh .5 spacers, but It was definitely faster w/o.

David Joor: Just out of curiosity, what made you want to angle the roll axis down toward the front? Also, how did the Mazda wing help the Parma body? Reports around here are that the Parma Alfa doesn't steer quite as good as the Losi...
Old 03-10-2004, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

make sure you back off your screws about 1/8 of a turn after tightening them to prevent the car from tweeking.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ill try that thanx puncho - seems your pitch b__ching is paying off
Old 03-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ill try that thanx puncho - seems your pitch b__ching is paying off
It's not easy but someone has to do it.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by Erik Shauver; 09-11-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ah... i want to order my pro 4 but no 2nd email return from speedtech

he told me 2 left in the first email...

ahhhh
nervous breakdown
Old 03-10-2004, 07:08 PM
The Evicerator

Erik , what are your favorite form of 'taters and which variety seem to give you the most off power traction?
Old 03-10-2004, 07:12 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Erik Shauver
Devil_Yellow: Oh, one last thought on tweak, did you CA the edges of your shock towers? The shock towers should have enough CA on the lowermost edges so that they touch the gearbox when installed. In some rare cases, they can twist at this point.

If I missed any Q's, post up again... this thread is getting busy . Good thing most of you guys are so active (zombies, TSR6, pucho, ... man you guys must be on here all day )

-E
Erik - haha.. kinda.. I usually browse between classes and such, then like now to kill time between AIM messages when chattin at night.

on the shock towers, I didn't CA them on either car, but they might twist if you don't CA them enough to touch the bulkheads? That part of your post confuesed me, and I'm curious...

here is a link to the upper deck screw pic: http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...?postid=731036
Old 03-10-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

RobK - Pro-Dive will cause the car to have less traction on that end, on carpet you are in a whole different setup mindset because you have too much traction. Taking traction away allows the car to hold more corner speed instead of dumping. I added anti-squat in the rear to take side bite away as well from that end. This is a fairly typical roll center layout for a carpet foam car.

As for the mazda6 wing, I mounted the parma far forward and used the more sturdy mazda6 wing to help maintain downforce levels.

Erik - It is so dang simple as well!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by Erik Shauver; 09-11-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Eric - you work at HPI right in the US? If so you should hear about it in a day or two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.