Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Man, dont get a hernia patting yourself on the back. I hate to tell you this, but if you buy a Pro4 to prove this point, you will waste your money to be proven wrong. You not only strengthen my point by clearly stating what I suggest (custom making outdrives), but you solidify when you neglect to mention how you built a diff for me when I first got the Pro4 that failed. Again, do not miss the point, not knocking your speed run knowledge. It's not anyone being hard-headed (you are being more unwavering than I am in relation to this). I know how this car operates and did an AMPLE amount of research before buying it. I saw how dudes ran spools to keep the car str8 to conquer torque steer, adjusting their droop. I have seen what it does with ball diffs. Yes, you know what you are talking about in the wider spectrum, but narrowing it down, you are off the mark. The facts speak for themselves. Like I said, query on this thread as well as for the Cyclone. One common denominator is WEAK DIFFS.
You seem to fail to see I can attack those weaknesses on that car that isn't a problem just a minor set back. For anyone running spools for speedruns good luck. Just base it on the facts of the worlds fastest R/C all that speaks for it's self. Now about the whole pat on the back remark if you feel that way so be it, trust me i won't get a hernia patting myself on the back, but I just speak on from what I know and can prove. Nothing else matters at this point, We both have different points of veiws and opinions and I can only speak on my hands on experience that worked for me and for the guys who ran those hard mph. Trust me a pro4 for me will be money well spent not money wasted. The pro4 is a great car and your pro4 ran very nice and me buying one I would attack those weaknesses and go fast opened diff. Not everyone has the same skill level in this hobby thats why we here to help one another and share ideas with one another. Like I said before anyone here could take my advice for what is worth and if anyone feels it's garbage so be it and if they think it's great so be it too. I know what I can do and build so I don't bust a blood vessel over it. All I was doing was helping someone out who shares the same interest in building a very fast 4wd touring car and I just wanted to help a fellow racer out. That's all...
Old 05-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You are taking way too far out of context. Never once did I say the car isnt fast. If you can conquer the troubles of the diffs, then you are better than most. HPI got away from it and went to the Cyclone for this very reason. To eliminate it even further, they offer metal outdrives to handle the extra stress. I dont have to drive the point, I call it for what it is. You never read me say the car isnt fast, that you cant make a car go fast. read it for what it is. You took it way out of left field. Their delrin outdrives were great but brittle. You mention TC3 this, TC3 that. Better outdrives (metal), hardened ring gear. Again, look around the forum for the common complaint. I dont have to beat a drum when I know what the major fault is with this car.

Last edited by bxpitbull; 05-10-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

You are taking way too far out of context. Never once did I say the car isnt fast. If you can conquer the troubles of the diffs, then you are better than most. HPI got away from it and went to the Cyclone for this very reason. To eliminate it even further, they offer metal outdrives to handle the extra stress. I dont have to drive the point, I call it for what it is. You never read me say the car isnt fast, that you cant make a car go fast. read it for what it is. You took it way out of left field. Their delrin outdrives we great but brittle. You mention TC3 this, TC3 that. Better outdrives (metal), hardened ring gear. Again, look around the forum for the common complaint. I dont have to beat a drum when I know what the major fault is with this car.
Never mind, I'm tired... Take the advice I give for what it's worth to you or anyone else. Good Luck too all you guy's.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Old 05-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Basiclly.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Bx we cool but I refuse to debate with you Bro...
Old 05-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

We cool. Resistance is futile.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

We cool. Resistance is futile.
YEA, we cool we been here before Bro. It's a feeling, We get over it. Bx check your pm when you get a chance Bro.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

How come every time I read a thread, bxpitbull is arguing with someone?
Old 05-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

this thread has gone to the crapper
Old 05-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yub, yub, cmdr!
How come every time I read a thread, bxpitbull is arguing with someone?
First off, TRJ and I are best friends. We arent arguing, we are having a difference of a opinion; but you being the genious that you are, I bet you knew that.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

Haha, bxpitbull is starting to argue with me too! I was just kidding in the first place; but I guess I'm not now, judging by his response

Who doesn't love a good flame war?
Old 05-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

First off, TRJ and I are best friends. We arent arguing, we are having a difference of a opinion; but you being the genious that you are, I bet you knew that.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Bx and me are cool we bestfriends we go through this on a regular basis. We always have our differences this has been going on for over 5 1/2 years now Bxpitbull is Bxpitbull.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i think sombody needs a hug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.