Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rockford Area/Beloit WI

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Rockford Area/Beloit WI

Hey guys, me and a bunch of buddys just built our own track. I will get some pics as soon as they are available to me! I was just wondering if we actually opened this thing to the public what kind of turn out would we have. what are all of you as a racer looking for in a track. First let me explain the track. It is off-road in a heavily shaded area, so no sun burns!!! Its not a HUGE track. We have 2 Banked (and i mean BANKED) corners that go right! We have one Hard left turn. Then a couple of hair-pin turns. There are a couple of table tops, 2 sets of doubles and a couple of singles. If you are interested in checking out the track, or giving us some advice as to what would get you to come out and race? You can either post here or just send me an e-mail at...... [email protected] THanks guys, and any feeback is much appreciated!!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

I grew up in that area, where is the track located? What is the racing surface? When are you thinking about running? A few years ago I was really looking for a local track and I found Cheese City Xtreme in Monroe WI.

Keep posting info
Old 09-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

sounds like a nice track. does it have a raised pit area? oh yeah, whats the surface like?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

its a mixture of clay and black dirt. next spring we are having black dirt hauled in. There is no raised pit road yet. It was just a thought of a track and we actually did it. We are thinking about have just a club type racing, nothing serious. Its still all in the works right now, we dont even have a stand built yet for it. We are going to try and have a open house or something like that by the end of the year. We dont know if its all going to be completed by then. if not, next year for sure. Its located right outside of beloit. off of highway 43. very very easy to get to.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (95%+)

Good to hear there is a track by my home. Where exactly off of 43? You can PM me with the details or just post them. I livein Beloit and would love to come out and see what it is like. Just wondering what cars you run there? I have a T4, GT2 and a 1/8 nitro buggy that should be able to run after some work on it is done.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

lessee, what do I look for in a track...

Ample parking
Food & drink on site
Restrooms (port-a-john, whatever)

I'm sure I'll think of more in a bit
Old 09-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Any other thoughts or ideas???
Old 09-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

some good pit tables if you can get some.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Tech Rookie

here are some early shots of itRockford Area/Beloit WI-dsc01884-large-.jpg

Rockford Area/Beloit WI-dsc01885-large-.jpg

Rockford Area/Beloit WI-dsc01886-large-.jpg

Rockford Area/Beloit WI-dsc01912-large-.jpg

Rockford Area/Beloit WI-dsc01921-large-.jpg
Old 09-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

You will need an AMB transponder system. Contact Bristol RC. They are closing their track and selling the system. http://www.bristolrc.com/

Are you gonna string some lights on those trees? I hope there won't be too many trees blocking the view of the track.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hehe "that's the tree that broke my right front control arm, that one bent the chassis, that one snapped my shock tower..."

Looks like fun, if nothing else it's a killer backyard track.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What are the demensions?
Old 09-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Rookie

we will be out there on wednesday ...we are gonna take some measurements...and when u r racing on it the few trees left are not in your way at all...we are setting up plenty of lights so we can play at night....this track is already a blast but when everything is 100% done it the spring it will be a fully operational track...
Old 09-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

no scoring system yet. thats way out of our price range!!! its going to be just a club race track. We will get some dimensions for you all!! and some updated pics.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zauggit
no scoring system yet. thats way out of our price range!!! its going to be just a club race track. We will get some dimensions for you all!! and some updated pics.
If you want people to take you seriously I would invest in a scoring system. If it doesnt work out you could always re-sell it and probably not loose anything IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.