2008 Roar Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Herald Sr.
Yes you can.

Sr.
No, I can't.

there were four excellent bids... none better than another.. but each had something different to offer....

whether it be track surface, known ROAR events, committment to ROAR and the organization, travel arrangements or location and rotation of events...

it doesn't matter... The committee worked very hard on the decision and made the best one they could. I find it hard to believe anybody would question somebody volunteering their time for this hobby and their best intentions.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SQC049
Funny how the two electric onroad races are in the middle of freaking nowhere in places that most people have zero desire to travel to. Also funny that the Northeast didn't get a single race.

Well done ROAR, well done.
thanks...

with that.. I guess I'm done here.

See you all at the events... and good racing to all!
Old 11-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
No, I can't.

there were four excellent bids... none better than another.. but each had something different to offer....

whether it be track surface, known ROAR events, committment to ROAR and the organization, travel arrangements or location and rotation of events...

it doesn't matter... The committee worked very hard on the decision and made the best one they could. I find it hard to believe anybody would question somebody volunteering their time for this hobby and their best intentions.
My reason is to learn from this year so next year our bid will be better. Mike nor myself are questioning the people or the decision. We also worked hard on the bid just like everyone else. We don't get paid either so yes it does matter to us so next year when we put in the bid it will be that much stronger and not leave it to chance as it seems this years was...
Old 11-28-2007, 08:15 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Funny how the two electric onroad races are in the middle of freaking nowhere in places that most people have zero desire to travel to. Also funny that the Northeast didn't get a single race.

Hey didn't Smokey and the Bandit stop in Arkansas once. Apparently something must be their.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Have you raced at any of these facilities?I believe Brad johnson,Kevin kane an severalothers can speak well of the omaha track its crap attitudes like yours that turn this stuff into a my track is better than yours,just stay home im sure no one will miss you
Old 11-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
My reason is to learn from this year so next year our bid will be better. Mike nor myself are questioning the people or the decision. We also worked hard on the bid just like everyone else. We don't get paid either so yes it does matter to us so next year when we put in the bid it will be that much stronger and not leave it to chance as it seems this years was...

then, my deepest apologies for taking the posting wrong... that's the problem with the internet.. can't see intent or emotion.

Your bid was awesome.. in fact, I'm looking at a copy of it now... its just the way it was and I'm sure next year, you'll be considered more.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Have you raced at any of these facilities?I believe Brad johnson,Kevin kane an severalothers can speak well of the omaha track its crap attitudes like yours that turn this stuff into a my track is better than yours,just stay home im sure no one will miss you
It has nothing to do with who's track is better then who's. My point is that most normal people travel to these race on their own dime, using a week of vacation time from their jobs. I'm not spending my money and wasting my vacation time to travel to the middle of bumblefuck for a week. If any of the onroad races were in a remotely interesting place, people might want to attend.

Let me guess, you're from the middle of no where, aren't you? Don't take is so personally, it's the internet.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wow!
Old 11-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Yep you are right middle of no where,just gat lectricity last weak hoping for indor plumin soon?That has nothing to do with it i have been to Novak a few times in january?Yeah awesome weather i go to hang out learn have some fun and make new friends,i believe most guys go to race,not really concerned with location
Old 11-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

It has nothing to do with who's track is better then who's. My point is that most normal people travel to these race on their own dime, using a week of vacation time from their jobs. I'm not spending my money and wasting my vacation time to travel to the middle of bumblefuck for a week. If any of the onroad races were in a remotely interesting place, people might want to attend.

Let me guess, you're from the middle of no where, aren't you? Don't take is so personally, it's the internet.
Ahh Dude, I was born and raised in New Hampshire and lived in Mass for 18 years... There is nothing interesting in New England...
Old 11-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Yep you are right middle of no where,just gat lectricity last weak hoping for indor plumin soon?That has nothing to do with it i have been to Novak a few times in january?Yeah awesome weather i go to hang out learn have some fun and make new friends,i believe most guys go to race,not really concerned with location
There is more to life then toy car racing. Why spend all the money to go some place where there is nothing to do after the race but look at corn?

I don't expect you to understand, there is nothing west of the Hudson anyway. Enjoy your corn fields and indoor plumbing, I'm done here.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
then, my deepest apologies for taking the posting wrong... that's the problem with the internet.. can't see intent or emotion.

Your bid was awesome.. in fact, I'm looking at a copy of it now... its just the way it was and I'm sure next year, you'll be considered more.
I should have explained more in the first place... No need to apologize....
Old 11-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Where is the Hudson?
Old 11-28-2007, 08:34 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Ahh Dude, I was born and raised in New Hampshire and lived in Mass for 18 years... There is nothing interesting in New England...
Not if you go out in your Man Thong again!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So if you had a shit ass track in the bahamas then that is where the race should be. Last time I check you go to race not site see. I will take Omaha over Miami and a crappy facility.

Roar must be as dumb as the NCAA for having the college world series here every year. Or maybe Roar is dumb as the Olympic committe for having USA Olympic swimming tryouts here and one last one Omaha can't be to bad if American Idol came here to hold tryouts for the show. This is in the last year I can go on if you want me to

Get a ticket to Disney Land and go play with Mickey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.