Wiki Posts
Search

Help, car is loud !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 05:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default Help, car is loud !!

Hi,

Need some help, I driving a TA04 and run both stock and mod motor.........

After listening to other cars on the track, they zip about quietly, which I really like....

My TA04 sounds loud, real loud! It also has a slight braking effect even though i had not set 'ABS' ............

When I had the mod motor in, on full throttle, it gives a loud 'fan' sound or effect....

Are O4s that loud? It has bearings btw.......

What should I do???
Help anyone????
Old 05-14-2003, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Make sure the gear mesh is set correctly...that's the main thing. If it's too tight it will cause a lot of friction, load up your motor/batteries/ESC, slow your car down and make it loud.

Next thing is to test your drive train to see how free it is. Maybe there is a locked bearing, maybe the bearings are gritty and need to be cleaned/oiled or maybe you just need to replace the bearings with better ones. If you do acer and boca makes great bearing kits for RC cars in different price ranges, this will help get your car up and running fast, smooth and quiet! Hope this helps.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

The car can be loud if the gear mesh is too loose as well. Check the mesh; you want just a little backlash between the spur and pinion. If your spur looks like the teeth are worn, your mesh is too loose or you got a small rock in the gears (if you run outdoors).
Old 05-14-2003, 06:30 AM
Tech Adept

YOu tires can also make a difference if they are uneven or not glued properly. There are alot of pissabilities.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

Thanks All who replied!

the first I had checked was the pinion and spur, the meshing was ok as i always put a piece of paper between when I adjust the gear meshing and was concur by a friend...........

could it be the bearings ? the belts? diffirential ? or pulleys?

Confused???
Old 05-14-2003, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

i had the loud problem with my evo3. it was because the diff cases weren't tight enought. with the case of a TA04, that won't happen. i also found out it was my front diff, it was too loose. just mess around with the different tightnesses (is that a word?!) and see from there. and is it a TA04R? S? SS? or just plain?
Old 05-14-2003, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Im running a Monster Stock and wen i lift off the throttal it make a loudish sound, sounds like my motor, is that normal. (Motor is New) Also wehn i go full throttal its nice and silent. hmmm?
Old 05-14-2003, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Bearings might be it, if you run your car in a dirty area your bearings can sieze up and instead of the bearing moving, the part can move inside the siezed bearing adding alot of friction and some sound.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

chaeck the gears in between the teeth. My tl-01 one very loud once and I found a huge chunk of dirt on my diff gear.