Wiki Posts
Search

Blue Diamond hosts the "Jammin' Tour" part deux

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Blue Diamond hosts the "Jammin' Tour" part deux

That's right, you heard it here first. I am in the "supply and demand" business, you guys have the demand for pure fun before competition. And I have a huge supply of just the right events to fit those needs.

After the event at Jackson RC I took a survey and the vote was to try to do it just one more time before we do the usual "rc hibernation" for the winter.

Location; Blue Diamond amusement park on the spectacular G Force Hobbies on road track. 765 Hamburg Road New Castle Delaware 19720. Contact phone # 1-302-995-9035.

Date; Sunday October 14th. Yes, only one day event. Rain date Sunday October 21st.

Basic "proposed" classes will be;

1/8th nitro onroad.
1/10th nitro touring car on road.
1/10th electric touring on road.
1/12th electric pan 4 cell on road.
And the ever increasing in popularity RWB (run whatcha' brung)
All classes will get 3 rounds of qualifying and 1 main event. All qualifying heats will be 5 minutes in length. All nitro mains will have "bump ups", one driver minimum. Nitro mains will be extended, I am looking for 15 minutes, but the time will be an event day decision.

Entry fee: 1st class $15, 2nd class $12. 3rd class $10.

Gates will open at 7am. Track should be ready for practice by 8:30am and will be open for practice until 10:30am. Drivers meeting will commence at 10:30am promptly. All drivers absolutely must attend the drivers meeting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no exceptions!!!!!! (I am giving you your personal invite, Scooby) Drivers meeting should be concluded by 10:45am at which point the qualifying heats will be posted. First qualifying heat will roll off at 11am.

Remember guys, I do not consider these events "races". They are just my little parties to which I invite some of my rc buds. So if you are planning to attend I expect you to post your intentions here on these threads, pm me or call me by tele so I can put you on the "A list" so anyone thinking of coming will know who will be in attendance. If I can take the time to put out the invite to all of you, the least you can do is let me know you are interested in attending,,,,,,,,,,,,,,seems fair to me!

After the last event we did at Blue Diamond Paul Dolnick released a G Force Hobbies newsletter that reported of the events activities for the day. I will attempt to have him post it here, I think it would be beneficial.

Welp, that's the basic info. More to come as we put all the pieces of the puzzle together. Remember, we need more involved in our hobby so make sure to bring a friend, neighbor, relative, a local neighborhood kid, mom, dad, etc;

Clear your plate for the day. Make your plans. You don't want to miss this one!!!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Ooopps,

forgot to post these threads which include pics of the pure fun we had at Jackson rc and the previous event at Blue Diamond.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170750

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178855

Hopefully, these will give those who missed the last 2 events a little taste of what we will be doing on Oct 14th.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'll be there running nitro......
Old 09-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Bro, I would like to attend.

Maybe I'll have something alittle faster for RWYB
Old 09-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Count Randy in for
- RWB
- Electric Sedan 19T/10.5
- Electric Sedan MOD (Track is looks huge. Maybe 19T might look slow out there )

Thanks
--Ed
Old 09-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

I'm in.

1) RWB
2) 1/10 Nitro.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Al Sodano
I'll be there running nitro......
Gotcha' Al. Since the first to post, you have the dubious honor of being at the top of the RSVP "A" list!!! After "spanking" all the nitro drivers at Jackson rc, myself included, guess you wanna back it up and prove to the world, it was not luck, huh? Well, all I can say is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BRING IT ON, BIG FELLA!!!!! It's gonna be good
Old 09-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ahhhhhem, Mr. Jammin! You're not the only guy with a BL setup anymore. Good luck running away from us this time around at BD!

Count me in for:
-1/10 sedan 19T-or-Open
-R.W.B.
-1/12 19T-or-Open
Old 09-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hdsport82
Hey Bro, I would like to attend.

Maybe I'll have something alittle faster for RWYB
Yo Ray,
You are added to the list. Do I sense a resurgence of interest in rc for you?????? RWB class has taken off and it has given a serious shot in the arm to my events. I am glad you as well as others are reaping the benefits of the class. Only problem with the class is it is difficult to hear the announcer because he is being drownd out by all the laughter of the drivers on the driver stand in the RWB class,,,,,,,,,,,,you guys gotta keep the noise down,,,,,there's people trying to sleep in the pits

Heah, Ray. If you are planning to bring that mini you might want to consider supercharging to better accomidate to larger track at Blue Diamond. Maybe a brushless 3.5?????? Now that would be sick huh? Your drivetrain would probably grenade on the starting grid the first time you punched it. That would be cooler than Bob Billmers "flaming pan car" from last week!!!!

Whatever, just be there, you will absolutely enjoy yourself. It will be a 2 thumbs up day.

Last edited by spurcheck; 09-15-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
Count Randy in for
- RWB
- Electric Sedan 19T/10.5
- Electric Sedan MOD (Track is looks huge. Maybe 19T might look slow out there )

Thanks
--Ed
Team B&B, in da' house!!!!!! You have been added to the list. Oh, so what, you guys did not get enough from "smacking" all the touring guys around at Jackson? I feel like the fisherman with you guys, the hook is set, now I am reeling you in!!!!! I am gonna try to make it a little more interesting for you by seeing if I can get some more of the "electric touring car heavy hitters" to come out. Many have gone into "rc hybernation", but not all of them.

Since you guys have not been to this track before you are in for a big surprise. It has similarities with 301 but maybe only 2/3 to 3/4 the size. This track has only been in operation since May of this year and now has the honor of hosting my second event this season.

You guys know the drill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the fun will come in bucket fulls.

RWB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,another happy recipient,,,,,,,,,,,,,excellent!!!

Open mod touring is

Last edited by spurcheck; 09-15-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rossb
I'm in.

1) RWB
2) 1/10 Nitro.
Yo Ross,

You have been added to he list. Gonna mix it up in the RWB class with that monster truck again????

I been noticing much improvement in 1/10th nitro as evidence by your winning the B main at Jackson and bumping up. See you at da' Daimond.

Last edited by spurcheck; 09-15-2007 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I want to get there Jeff.... but thats another day our schedules clash . I'll be at the OC that day. These sound like fun, I'll get to one of um!
Old 09-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Man the interest is still there, just don't have the available disposable income to race on a regular basis.

Running a brushless in the mini would be insane, Its a handful as it is

I may run a brushless Half 8 or a brushless RC18T. Don't know if I'll ruin the touring car.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Ahhhhhem, Mr. Jammin! You're not the only guy with a BL setup anymore. Good luck running away from us this time around at BD!

Count me in for:
-1/10 sedan 19T-or-Open
-R.W.B.
-1/12 19T-or-Open
You have been added to the RSVP list Mr. Sharpe. Darn, I knew my brushless advantage would not hold out for long.

Annuda RWB driver,,,,,,,,,again. Gonna bring that Bud's car again???? Or, are you gonna come out with some other exotic "blast from the past" vehicle this time.

I am gonna assume (yeah, yeah, I know what that does) your "evil step brother" will be in attendance?????
Old 09-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
I want to get there Jeff.... but thats another day our schedules clash . I'll be at the OC that day. These sound like fun, I'll get to one of um!
Sorry Ed, we'll hook up sooner or later,,,,,,,looks like later at this point.

Seems no matter how hard I try, I can not catch a break on scheduling. Guess it's just the nature of the beast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.