Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Markiempje
i dont think this is a good way to setup the rebound.
you can only set the rebound with the bleeding process.
look at xray's T2008 manual, here its described very good.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=4188
page 24

havent tried this method yet. i'd always loosen the lower cap and let 'm sit for a while. but when i get my 416 i'll do it this way.

Mark
Well I have looked in the xray manual before and this is something new that they have come with for the T008 to get consistent shock rebound out of their shocks. Everyone else that I know of uses the topcap method.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

can someone enlighten me, what changes will it do to the car's handling if i change front/rear upper arm position?
and also the steering spacer and suspention mount spacer, what happens if i increase or decrease it?
i dont really have the time at the moment to play around with these settings yet as im just horning my driving skills... but it will be good to know so i can make changes if i know what the changes do to the car's handling rather than guess and assume.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Look at post 953 on the previous page. It links to the XRay setup book. It's an excellent guide to setting up a touring car that will give you a general idea of what changes do what. Just download it and you'll be all set.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr_Orange
Well I have looked in the xray manual before and this is something new that they have come with for the T008 to get consistent shock rebound out of their shocks. Everyone else that I know of uses the topcap method.
yeah but with this method, wouldn't the shaft pull itself back in the shock body when you pull it out? cause thats negative rebound and its more painful to drive than too much positive rebound. do you have in this case 75% of hydraulic action and the last 25% also the rebound action?

Mark
Old 01-09-2008, 04:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markiempje
yeah but with this method, wouldn't the shaft pull itself back in the shock body when you pull it out? cause thats negative rebound and its more painful to drive than too much positive rebound. do you have in this case 75% of hydraulic action and the last 25% also the rebound action?

Mark
I agree, I;m not sure on pumping oil out of the shock... it has to be replaced by something. I'm pretty sure you'd get a better setting by setting the shaft in the correct position in the body first.
Have to admit, rebound is something I have very rarely played around with. I just build the shocks up with the piston at the bottom usually... maybe something to try in future...

Ed
Old 01-09-2008, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 414X

Greetings,

I know this is the TRF416 page, but I need some opinions about what to do with my 414X. I have chassis # 081/150, and it is in excellent condition. I've had it (in pieces) in a box in the basement for years now, but recently cleaned it up and put it back together. I noticed a guy in Europe scored 325 Euro on Ebay for his... I have a satchel of spare parts for mine and am thinking about trying to Ebay mine, too. It's truly a piece of history... so I'm hesitant to part with it. Does anyone think the value will continue to increase, or should I try to sell it now? I know there are some serious Tamiya collectors out there that would love to have this car, but I'd like to find them and get top dollar if I do sell it.

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stogie
Greetings,

I know this is the TRF416 page, but I need some opinions about what to do with my 414X. I have chassis # 081/150, and it is in excellent condition. I've had it (in pieces) in a box in the basement for years now, but recently cleaned it up and put it back together. I noticed a guy in Europe scored 325 Euro on Ebay for his... I have a satchel of spare parts for mine and am thinking about trying to Ebay mine, too. It's truly a piece of history... so I'm hesitant to part with it. Does anyone think the value will continue to increase, or should I try to sell it now? I know there are some serious Tamiya collectors out there that would love to have this car, but I'd like to find them and get top dollar if I do sell it.

Thanks.
I think your car is sufficiently rare and interesting that it will always have a good value among Tamiya cars.

Whether the Tamiya market is going to go up or down in the future is impossible to say though. To my eyes it has generally gone down a little bit recently. And since the western world's economy is about to collapse (USA and UK anyway) values may not be strong for a little while.

Unfortunately your car is not new-in-box, if it was I'm sure it would be a lot more valuable.

Anyway, best resource for Tamiya collectors (and pretty much all vintage RC collectors) is www.tamiyaclub.com
Old 01-10-2008, 02:22 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone know when the spool is going to released?

Can't be driving a car without no brakes with a one-way
Old 01-10-2008, 02:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by steveonamission
Anyone know when the spool is going to released?

Can't be driving a car without no brakes with a one-way
Hey

You may try this http://www.racingfactory.fi/Spool416s.jpg

Ask more info from kentech
Old 01-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

just a quick question on your drive train.If you remove the motor and spin the wheels how long should the wheels rotate freely???
are their any secrets in getting the best out of the drive train?
looking forward to replies. cheers
Old 01-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am really really annoyed with parcelforce . They assured me that my 416 kit had been reliesed for delivery and would be with me today. Its now 1400 and i think the chance of it arriving today is slim to none.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pug 205 gti
just a quick question on your drive train.If you remove the motor and spin the wheels how long should the wheels rotate freely???
are their any secrets in getting the best out of the drive train?
looking forward to replies. cheers
It's all about bearings, I've learned my lesson from Gizmo. His car is smoooooth. Take care of them and you'll have anough roll.
Z
Old 01-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

my front wheels spins way longer than my rear wheels after i throtter it off ground. it spins for around one and a half seconds to 3 seconds max. i cant figure out why my front is way smothers, maybe its just the front one way, and the rear is diff.. and the front is heavier, therefore more innertia force? lol m y physics sucks.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigbutstupid
my front wheels spins way longer than my rear wheels after i throtter it off ground. it spins for around one and a half seconds to 3 seconds max. i cant figure out why my front is way smothers, maybe its just the front one way, and the rear is diff.. and the front is heavier, therefore more innertia force? lol m y physics sucks.
Yes, that is because the one way lacks resistance off throttle.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Any news on the "official" 416 spool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.