Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
They need to worry less about shoes and more about winning races. Third at DHI is pretty disappointing. It seems like the boys have struggled since going to the 416X. It sure makes it easier to keep my WE going.
I'm pretty sure if anybody got third at that level of race they would not be disappointed
Old 01-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
I'm pretty sure if anybody got third at that level of race they would not be disappointed

Did the 416X not win the last 2 rounds of the ETS?

Anyhow are some setup sheets starting to appear from the Team for the X?
I would like to see what they are doing on carpet.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

They need to worry less about shoes and more about winning races. Third at DHI is pretty disappointing. It seems like the boys have struggled since going to the 416X. It sure makes it easier to keep my WE going.
I agree it's odd not to see a Tamiya dominated podium but I think Yannic Pruemper ended with the fastest lap so its not like the car is slow. As for the guys that beat Marc, Volker has been on form lately and had Umino there doing his setup work, and Anderssen is just a freak!

... but I'll let you know how the X goes after I run mine this weekend
Old 01-11-2010, 05:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

It seems like the boys have struggled since going to the 416X. It sure makes it easier to keep my WE going.
Have anyone noticed that TRF teams pace got slower when Jilles aren´t anymore at the races to be the technical advisor...
Old 01-11-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
... but I'll let you know how the X goes after I run mine this weekend
Coming home?!

I was just being a bit facetious about them "only" getting 3rd, it's obviously a great finish at that level. Though it was surprising how much trouble Victor was having. I too wonder if Jilles' absence is hurting the team?

I'm probably gonna skip the X either way and see what they drop next. I'd still hope for a little more flexibility with LiPo mounting.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I honestly don't think the so called "slower pace" was due to the X chassis. It's just that every1 else is getting their pace slightly faster and lucky too... Anderson rolled his car so Volker managed to pass him easily while Teemu accidentally hit Marc's, am I right?

Well, I wasn't there @ DHI but I'm sure the guys are pretty fast... Guys like Andy Moore, Naoto, Juho qualified B main, so aren't they quick? They are definitely faster if we're to race with them...

I'm running the X now and I felt that the corner speed is definitely faster than WE! Handling wise, definitely better... The X is ready to WIN races as long as our hands are!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

At that level of racing it could really be any of the top 10 that win the race. The fact that Tamiya is on nearly every big event podium just shows how solid the car is.

If the X really was slowing the team down, they wouldn't be running it.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Coming home?!

I was just being a bit facetious about them "only" getting 3rd, it's obviously a great finish at that level. Though it was surprising how much trouble Victor was having. I too wonder if Jilles' absence is hurting the team?

I'm probably gonna skip the X either way and see what they drop next. I'd still hope for a little more flexibility with LiPo mounting.
Yep, it was time for a new kit so I decided to come back to the blue team. The Photon's a nice car but I could never get it as dialled as my 416 was.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

jilles was the set up man on the team

guess they are all struggling now because he has left the team
Old 01-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

bear in mind as well, the TRF team cars may have looked like WE's.. but they've been running the major changes from the X for a while (diff back and motor in) since just after the last worlds I'm sure
Old 01-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

I also think they might be concentrating on the worlds more this year than other events like DHI and the ETS
Old 01-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

something else to consider as well... the ETS tyre is pretty different to what they were running at the DHI, and they've been running them for a while. Not making excuse's (and three cars in the A is still almost a third of the grid!) but it's quite probably that other teams simply got their cars working better on that tyre...
Old 01-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Quite honestly.. you just can't expect Tamiya to just win all races.

And with Christer Andersson really being on a very good roll lately. And Ronald Völker being one of the absolute top drivers in the world with a car that might just be the best car in the world, is a combination which is hard to beat. So I think Marc can still be satisfied with a third spot.

The field is really close again thanks to most of the cars being pretty much equal in performance. This makes it much more exciting to watch.

And all the big wins Tamiya made in the previous years were all combined with luck (as always luck is an important factor for everyone to win) it's just as normal when they're not winning out.

Some of the biggest races won in the last 2 years were the 2008 euro, the 2009 euros and the 2008 world.

- During the worlds it was very close between Marc and Hara, with Hara making a mistake in the finals which gave Marc the clear passage to victory.

- During the 2008 euros in Villa-Real, Ronald was the fastest guy by far at least in qualifying, and Viktor the second fastest. But thanks to some bad luck Viktor had to start in third, moving Marc up to second (Viktor forgot to do track marshalling costing him his best Q-result). And Ronald just suffered some bad luck during the finals, giving the win to Marc

- During the 2009 euros in Luxembourg, there were 5 different winners during qualifying. Giving the TQ to Jilles. After 2 round of finals the 3 competitors still in the race were Marc, Jilles and Ronald. And with Marc and Ronald hitting each other and falling back it was a relatively easy 3rd round for Jilles.

Just to make clear, I'm not saying they're just lucky bastard. On the contrary, but I want to make clear that even when you're one of the best drivers of the world you still need luck. And one time you're lucky, and another time you're not.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Thomson
Quite honestly.. you just can't expect Tamiya to just win all races.

And with Christer Andersson really being on a very good roll lately. And Ronald Völker being one of the absolute top drivers in the world with a car that might just be the best car in the world, is a combination which is hard to beat. So I think Marc can still be satisfied with a third spot.

The field is really close again thanks to most of the cars being pretty much equal in performance. This makes it much more exciting to watch.

And all the big wins Tamiya made in the previous years were all combined with luck (as always luck is an important factor for everyone to win) it's just as normal when they're not winning out.

Some of the biggest races won in the last 2 years were the 2008 euro, the 2009 euros and the 2008 world.

- During the worlds it was very close between Marc and Hara, with Hara making a mistake in the finals which gave Marc the clear passage to victory.

- During the 2008 euros in Villa-Real, Ronald was the fastest guy by far at least in qualifying, and Viktor the second fastest. But thanks to some bad luck Viktor had to start in third, moving Marc up to second (Viktor forgot to do track marshalling costing him his best Q-result). And Ronald just suffered some bad luck during the finals, giving the win to Marc

- During the 2009 euros in Luxembourg, there were 5 different winners during qualifying. Giving the TQ to Jilles. After 2 round of finals the 3 competitors still in the race were Marc, Jilles and Ronald. And with Marc and Ronald hitting each other and falling back it was a relatively easy 3rd round for Jilles.

Just to make clear, I'm not saying they're just lucky bastard. On the contrary, but I want to make clear that even when you're one of the best drivers of the world you still need luck. And one time you're lucky, and another time you're not.
Luck is the crossroads where preparation meets opportunity.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Luck is the crossroads where preparation meets opportunity.
I concur.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.