Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
Good to know, do you know the number for the IFS "C"? I am have problems with the suspension blocks with all the letters and numbers which is the best ones to get and do they have a CHART for the blocks? thank you all.
Look at the TRYHARD site . Ed has a full line of listings and everything you need to know about that car.

RC TA05IFS F Parts - Hub Carrier 4 Degrees, Hard
Item #54031

Radio Control PartsTamiya Hop-Up Parts

Price: $7.50

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54031
Old 08-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hello guys,

My name is Ali and from Kuwait, i race 1/10 nitro touring and 1/8 buggy. my driving skills are not bad.
i was always facinated by the silence/speed of 1/10 electric cars. i would love to own one but unfortunatly we don't do any electric races in here.
i have no electric background what so ever, i used to own many Tamyia cars when i was a kid (old electronics, gold motor with the yellow manual SC :P ), after looking around, i came across the trf 416 and am lovin it. but the problems is that i dont know whats good for motor, esc, batteries, all the other things to get the car running. i know setting is not very similar to the nitro idea right? foam for asphalt, rubber for carpet???

any help is appreciated

cheers

Ali

Last edited by KWT-NITRO; 08-14-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Good to know, do you know the number for the IFS "C"? I am have problems with the suspension blocks with all the letters and numbers which is the best ones to get and do they have a CHART for the blocks? thank you all.
For an explanation of the suspension blocks and a chart go to http://www.thard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=30.

416WE had 2x Cs, 1x XA and F. I would also get:
3x D (2 front, 1 rear)
1x X (rear)
1x E (rear)

This should give you all the suspension block tuning options you would ever need. Also get 1x 53932 suspension spacers in case you want to run anti dive in the front end.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
hello guys,

My name is Ali and from Kuwait, i race 1/10 nitro touring and 1/8 buggy. my driving skills are not bad.
i was always facinated by the silence/speed of 1/10 electric cars. i would love to own one but unfortunatly we don't do any electric races in here.
i have no electric background what so ever, i used to own many Tamyia cars when i was a kid (old electronics, gold motor with the yellow manual SC :P ), after looking around, i came across the trf 416 and am lovin it. but the problems is that i dont know whats good for motor, esc, batteries, all the other things to get the car running. i know setting is not very similar to the nitro idea right? foam for asphalt, rubber for carpet???

any help is appreciated

cheers

Ali
Hi Ali,

Welcome to the thread. Yes the 416 is an awesome car. Looks great and performs very well on the track.

If you are experienced in nitro, you could probably go straight to modified motors. Get a brushless motor system (esc and motor) with a 4.5 or 4.0 motor. Systems from Venom, LRP or Novak would be good - all depends on budget and availability.

For batteries, go with Lithium Polymer (ie Lipo). Try and get something around 5000mah with 25C or higher. Also get a Lipo specific charger that can balance charge.

Tyres is usually rubber for asphalt and foam for carpet. For rubbers, Sorex tyres are generally the choice. You would need 36R, possibly 40R since it would get pretty hot over there!

If you go to http://www.thard.co.uk/index.php, you will find all the info you need. I would suggest going through the site and you will learn a lot about the car.

Enjoy!

Vinny
Old 08-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by veecee
For an explanation of the suspension blocks and a chart go to http://www.thard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=30.

416WE had 2x Cs, 1x XA and F. I would also get:
3x D (2 front, 1 rear)
1x X (rear)
1x E (rear)

This should give you all the suspension block tuning options you would ever need. Also get 1x 53932 suspension spacers in case you want to run anti dive in the front end.
Thanks dude that is what I am looking for I search and couldn't find a site.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I thought this is interesting. Not so new tech, but new for the 416

More info here http://www.horizonfuelcell.com/hobby_rc.htm
Anyone willing to try it this?
Old 08-15-2009, 03:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been in contact with the guys about that... bizzarely my brother was sailing with one of the guys who works for Horizon, so passed teh contact on.

At the moment, the RC side is lower on the priority list for them, but seem to be genuinely interested in having a wokring system... it's deffiently quite cool

Ed
Old 08-15-2009, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by veecee
Hi Ali,

Welcome to the thread. Yes the 416 is an awesome car. Looks great and performs very well on the track.

If you are experienced in nitro, you could probably go straight to modified motors. Get a brushless motor system (esc and motor) with a 4.5 or 4.0 motor. Systems from Venom, LRP or Novak would be good - all depends on budget and availability.

For batteries, go with Lithium Polymer (ie Lipo). Try and get something around 5000mah with 25C or higher. Also get a Lipo specific charger that can balance charge.

Tyres is usually rubber for asphalt and foam for carpet. For rubbers, Sorex tyres are generally the choice. You would need 36R, possibly 40R since it would get pretty hot over there!

If you go to http://www.thard.co.uk/index.php, you will find all the info you need. I would suggest going through the site and you will learn a lot about the car.

Enjoy!

Vinny
Hi Vinny, thanks for the answer, i was reading here and there and i came across team check point, i saw that many top drivers run those motors, what do you think about them?? and which one of them, about the ESC, do you have few part numbers for ESCs that goes with the checkpint motors??
i dont want to run lipo battery, 5 cells for the 416 or 6 cells??

cheers
Old 08-15-2009, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Ali, those Checkpoint motors are brushed motors? I would recommend against using them. There is lots of maintenance with brushed motors and not many people use them nowadays. Most people are now using brushless and they are basically zero maintenance. Even all the top drivers that use to run Checkpoint motors have been running brushless for the last year or so!

Same with batteries. Most people are moving towards Lipos for the same reason - low maintenance. 5 or 6 cell Nimh packs need to be discharged, then balanced discharged before you can charge again. Nimh cells also don't like to sit around after they are charged. Their performance can also deteriorate if you don't use them regularly.

Lipos are a lot less sensitive. You finish your run, let them cool down a bit then simply recharge. And you can also charge them the day before with no significant performance drop off.

Unless you are running to strict rules which do not allow brushless motors and Lipo batteries, I would definitely go down this path.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Not touring cars, but current TC World Champion Marc Rheinhard just won the European 4WD offroad championship with the Tamiya 511.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/euros2009/day6/

Old 08-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Afternoon Gents,

I know a lot of people have been looking at the split blocks, and wondering what effect they'll have on the car... well, I ran a couple of back to backs today (going from split back to standard and back again).. and I'll happily report, there was naff all change... nitch, natch, nada!

If anything, that spooked me more than anything else!! Normally, what I would consider quite a big change, would expect something different with the performance of the car, be it good or bad... not noticing any change at all was, well, eriee

Had a pretty poor day today, mostly my own making... missed one round of qualy trying to source why the car was so snappy. And then a massive miscommunication about number of pro-stock finals led me and a mate to miss our first finals Oh well, live and learn...

Managed to learn a few things after racing too, making use of a nicely rubbered in track, biggest suprise was going to an F block on the rear both settled the car, and increased the high speed on-power steering

Cheers
Ed
Old 08-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
Afternoon Gents,

I know a lot of people have been looking at the split blocks, and wondering what effect they'll have on the car... well, I ran a couple of back to backs today (going from split back to standard and back again).. and I'll happily report, there was naff all change... nitch, natch, nada!

If anything, that spooked me more than anything else!! Normally, what I would consider quite a big change, would expect something different with the performance of the car, be it good or bad... not noticing any change at all was, well, eriee

Had a pretty poor day today, mostly my own making... missed one round of qualy trying to source why the car was so snappy. And then a massive miscommunication about number of pro-stock finals led me and a mate to miss our first finals Oh well, live and learn...

Managed to learn a few things after racing too, making use of a nicely rubbered in track, biggest suprise was going to an F block on the rear both settled the car, and increased the high speed on-power steering

Cheers
Ed
Glad you got my back on this one Ed.
I suggested the blocks would be nothing more than a convenience and not effect the chassis but I was told differently. Thx4 the info.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Cheers
Ed
Which block did you use together with the F block?

Old 08-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Afternoon Gents,

Cheers
Ed
I would like to know what the F block do also like what toe in or does it make the rear wider.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
Which block did you use together with the F block?

I would like to know what the F block do also like what toe in or does it make the rear wider.
The F block is a touch wider and I for one am using the 1X split block in front of the back and the 1F in the rear for a total of 3 degrees of toe in and no shim behind the rim. 188mm wide according to the HUDY gauge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.