Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cruisaaja
You mean 2007 wright?

That`s Hupos car, but what about Marc? I`d like to see that new 416 in action and how it perform on carpet?
My bad...that is 2007 IIC.

I'm sure they'll use the 415 anyway in 08 too :P LOL
Old 09-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Arrow TRF414M2

Originally Posted by KREATOR1
What!!!?? TRF 416? im going reverse.TAM# gone mad. anybody wanna let go the 414m2?
Did you mean if someone wants to sell a TRF414M2/414M?? Coz if that's what you mean I have one (TRF414M - check my sig) with all the TRF option parts they came out for it.

Let me know or PM me.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradley70
I have a 415 Refine 2 tamiya. Haven't run much on carpet but was thinking about doing some this year. Does anybody have a good baseline carpet setup for both rubber and foam racing? Thanks for the help...
Any doubt that the 415 is the car to run on carpet...

Now see Josh Numans car from the IIC
http://rc50.com/modules.php?name=cop...lbum=39&pos=81

Jimmy I know you are reading this and LURKING! LOL F1Larry be quiet :P
Old 09-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus

hehehehehehehe

Looks like the old suspension on it as well.

I still want to know what Jimmy's new car is.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus

Looks like Josh is using an MRE for foam though.. with HPI hubs, old steering and 4mm chassis. Also looks like he's got the std length arms.

The rubber car though... can't make out if it's the short LWt or Std length arms... but it's an MS for sure (markings on rear bulkhead), but using a 4mm chassis as well (look at the recessed chassis post holes...)
Old 09-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Somewhat seriously...

I don't care if nothing changes, EXCEPT, change the arm mold and give us two fronts or two rears together, or one at a time, I don't care. But have you all checked out the TC5? Six bucks for a pair of arms: front/front, or rear/rear, and flippable to boot. That makes arms 4 times more expensive on my MSXX than a TC5. I'm a racer, and sometimes it's my fault, and sometimes I get punted. But compared to other brands, Tamiya parts are too expensive. Arms, uprights, knuckles, c-blocks, bearings, you name it. The TC5 is getting serious traction at my track. It's $60 cheaper out of the box, and parts are WAY less. I'm not saying it's a better car, but it's no joke either. Make noise now, or the Tamiya high-end risks going the way of Schumacher: Pretty, rare, and expensive.

Imagine: "Tamiya introduces the 420 TRF Super Special Rheinard Orgazmo Deluxe. We changed the arm mold." That's an upgrade.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Budweiser vs. Asahi: which costs more?

What country do you race in? How much do you suppose Associated stuff costs in Japan?

Remember, Tamiya exports to the US. Of course it is going to be cheaper for us to buy a domestic product rather than an import.

Try buying directly from Japan if you want a better price. It will be cheaper than having to pay those extra bureaucratic expenses.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HI_808

What country do you race in? How much do you suppose Associated stuff costs in Japan?

Remember, Tamiya exports to the US. Of course it is going to be cheaper for us to buy a domestic product rather than an import.

Try buying directly from Japan if you want a better price. It will be cheaper than having to pay those extra bureaucratic expenses.
NEWS FLASH:
Associated STUFF is not made in the U.S>
Although,
I do have more Tamiya than Associated in my garage! I just look the other way when I pay the bill!
Old 09-28-2007, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is a tad irrelevant comparaison, look at the price of kyosho kits in Japan, even discounted at rcchamp and the likes... kyosho kits (stallion) are very expensive everywhere (but worth it imho)

Tamiya parts are very expensive here in Singapore, are cheap as dirt in hk, are ok priced in Japan, quite expensive in Europe.

Associated is expensive in Japan, Impossible to find in south Asia, cheap in Hk, cheap in the US, quite affordable in Europe

So it s not all about import and manufacturing, factory in China etc.. and the likes, it s more about importer, local competition and pricing policy (and exchange rates!).
Old 09-28-2007, 02:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Somewhat seriously...

I don't care if nothing changes, EXCEPT, change the arm mold and give us two fronts or two rears together, or one at a time, I don't care. But have you all checked out the TC5? Six bucks for a pair of arms: front/front, or rear/rear, and flippable to boot. That makes arms 4 times more expensive on my MSXX than a TC5. I'm a racer, and sometimes it's my fault, and sometimes I get punted. But compared to other brands, Tamiya parts are too expensive. Arms, uprights, knuckles, c-blocks, bearings, you name it. The TC5 is getting serious traction at my track. It's $60 cheaper out of the box, and parts are WAY less. I'm not saying it's a better car, but it's no joke either. Make noise now, or the Tamiya high-end risks going the way of Schumacher: Pretty, rare, and expensive.

Imagine: "Tamiya introduces the 420 TRF Super Special Rheinard Orgazmo Deluxe. We changed the arm mold." That's an upgrade.
I haven't broke a single suspension arm in more than a year. You can't beat tamiya suspension for durability so what if the arms come in a front and a rear in a pack ?
Old 09-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
I haven't broke a single suspension arm in more than a year. You can't beat tamiya suspension for durability so what if the arms come in a front and a rear in a pack ?
I haven't either, but I drive on a wide asphalt race course.... when I used to run on tight carpet tracks, I broke at least once every week or another... o C-hubs, or bend pins.... I think it really depends on the track conditions, I pass from breaking suspension parts to destroy the bottom of the carbon chassis...

anyway, you will have to change your nick!!!

al
Old 09-28-2007, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by maxepower
NEWS FLASH:
Associated STUFF is not made in the U.S>
Although,
I do have more Tamiya than Associated in my garage! I just look the other way when I pay the bill!
maxepower,

I never said anything about where Associated produces their parts. Outsourcing a product doesn't necessarily mean that it is non-domestic. Such products aren't automatically subject to import costs. If those same import costs were associated with outsourcing, it would make no sense to outsource in the first place.

Patriiik,

I do agree that all of the factors you mentioned play a role in costs, but you can always find exceptions to every generalization. Besides, I did not mention anything about China, HK, Singapore, or anywhere else aside from the US and Japan. In today's market, all else held equal, imports are more expensive than domestic products.

But I don't quite understand what you mean when you said how it's "not all about import and manufacturing... it s more about importer, local competition and pricing policy..." All of those things are interrelated and based on import and manufacturing costs.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:17 AM
Tech Champion

cost isnt an issue to some, if you want it, you'll buy. (Wish I had enough cash to do that )
Old 09-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HI_808
When I was in Japan, a bottle of Bud Light costed $9 in the hotel lounge...Asahi was $1.50 But I was pimpin because I was drinking an "import"
Old 09-29-2007, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Patriiick
This is a tad irrelevant comparaison, look at the price of kyosho kits in Japan, even discounted at rcchamp and the likes... kyosho kits (stallion) are very expensive everywhere (but worth it imho)

Tamiya parts are very expensive here in Singapore, are cheap as dirt in hk, are ok priced in Japan, quite expensive in Europe.

Associated is expensive in Japan, Impossible to find in south Asia, cheap in Hk, cheap in the US, quite affordable in Europe

So it s not all about import and manufacturing, factory in China etc.. and the likes, it s more about importer, local competition and pricing policy (and exchange rates!).
and also please add customs duties and taxes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.