Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a Wicked fast Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Looking for a Wicked fast Nitro

Can anyone tell me whats the Fastest RTR or post me a link to what I should buy. I am looking for Pure Speed and I have about 2 Grand to Accomplish this Feet. Ive been Electric Drifting for awhile and I do own a Losi XXX-S with the Novak 3.5 Motor and Im ready to get into Nitro's

Im looking for Cars only Im not a big fan of Trucks.

i was lookin at the Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec 3.3 RTR w/Engine or the Ofna 1/7 Hyper One Seven .21PS Blue but they dont tell me top speeds at towerhobby
Old 09-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

also ive been looking at the gasoline powered stuff located here http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=CCA

are they fast?
Old 09-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoseTuned
Can anyone tell me whats the Fastest RTR or post me a link to what I should buy. I am looking for Pure Speed and I have about 2 Grand to Accomplish this Feet. Ive been Electric Drifting for awhile and I do own a Losi XXX-S with the Novak 3.5 Motor and Im ready to get into Nitro's

Im looking for Cars only Im not a big fan of Trucks.

i was lookin at the Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec 3.3 RTR w/Engine or the Ofna 1/7 Hyper One Seven .21PS Blue but they dont tell me top speeds at towerhobby

Sorry I do not have the top speeds either, however I have had opportunity to see both perform and IMO the Hyper 1/7 does out perform the 4-Tec. GO RACING HOBBIES has the both I belevie or can get both at a great DEAL!
Ask for Marlene 954 731 7223 (RACE)
Old 09-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

2K for an RTR............you can do a lot better than that buddy. RTRs are in the $300-400 range. + $100-200 in accessories. The Traxxas have claims of 70mph but you need a big, clean parking lot to realize those speeds. IMO, if you want a real solid RTR, go with Team Magic G4s. (racedayhobbies.com). But you have to also consider what your local hobby shop carry as far as parts.

You can get yourself an on-road kit, radio, engine, good servos, full race ready 1/10 or 1/8 car for 2K of less.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

i thought an rtr was a good idea but you could be right. im def looking to spend the mone for a high end really fast car. ive been to my local shop and they have the gasoline buggie's, a nitro 4-tec and thats about it. as for nitro.

whats the best car that the g4 has to offer?
Old 09-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

i thought an rtr was a good idea but you could be right. im def looking to spend the mone for a high end really fast car. ive been to my local shop and they have the gasoline buggie's, a nitro 4-tec and thats about it. as for nitro.

U should go for the G4+ ...check out the thread on this car.Some would say X-Ray NT1 or Kyosho V1RRR but all these cars are good from the feedback I got.It depends on your driving skills and style too.All the best.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

well actually im very good with controlling cars at high speeds. i own a los xxx-s with the 3.5 novak motor and believe me i can achieve with my lipo's high 70 to low 80's easy. im addicted to speed so whatever i buy must be fast.

can you give me a link to the cars please. i went to the website that was reffered to me but when i try to look up some of the cars all i get is a blank page.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

so can the nitro 4-tech really achieve 70+ and is it a good car? ive been looking at it for months now and was just wondering
Old 09-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Lord

The fastest RTR is the Schumacher Fusion. A 10th scale onroad car with a .21 engine and a 3-speed gearbox. 60 to 70 mph out of the box and with the "faster clutchbell" 80mph.

Pop in a Novarossi 359 engine and it will fly !
Old 09-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

so can the nitro 4-tech really achieve 70+ and is it a good car? ive been looking at it for months now and was just wondering
i have the nitro 4tec 2.5 and it is pretty darn fast,wanting to put a 3.3 in there and thene it might get close to 70 mph
Old 09-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Speed in nothing if can't control it.
FW05T+ and G4S RTR can be faster than a N4tec in most tracks.
And they are cheaper.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The problem with the 4teck and fusion is that they will not handle no where as well as a top of the line racing kit.
Stability is what i'm after at high speed and with a top end tourer dialed in you can't beat that!

If you won't be racing it at the track, i'd suggest that you get youself an OSTZ 18 for the car and gear it up as these engines have a ton of torque and are great bang for your money!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a Teammagic G4S RTR and a new 2nd spur gear, ran 20% BlueThunder and got it clocked at 56.3mph without max diameter tires. Took it to the local track and was getting the same times as everyone else. It has some hop ups and I'm trying to sell it for $300 if you waunt it?