Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you Alan. I've drove the Serpent and it is nice. I would like to try some of the others also.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:29 AM

Default Re: Fuel tanks

Originally posted by Nitropimp
The way the package is sealed it's hard for them too see if it has the new tank or the old one.
The one inside the package are all old tanks. New one will be pack seperately.. maybe the production run after mid march all include new tanks on its one big sealed package.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:42 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by rc_alan
..............the G4 in many ways is the best car on the market........... The car is so easy to work on and to get dialed in. It's super low CG and light weight makes it a blast to drive. If you are thinking about getting a car.... Do yourself a favor and do some test driving.......... As far as winning races...... The G4 is so easy to drive and set up that if you are a good driver, You'll have not problem placing in the A-main in your local races...

RC_Alan
I agree with those statements, furthermore because the new generation cars are fully oriented towards foams, it is the best on rubber tires, which is the only way we can run down here (control spec class), but the way we have to buy it is getting an E-Class with a separate front diff from the C-Class (adds up to cost), and then, what is holding me back in buying one is the issue of the Steering Rack System, which I don't like, and seems to me to complicated. I think Team Magic should redesign it to a more conventional system like in any other lay down servo sytem in all other brands, or if someone has allready done such a conversion shares its development.
AFM
Old 02-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

I wouldn't say the G4 steering system is complicated. It is actually more simplistic and straight-forward than your standard bell crank systems.

But it is something that you will have to maintain more to keep it smooth and tight.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:53 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

does the alloy one makes maintnance less?
Old 02-20-2004, 02:25 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by Aggdaddy
I wouldn't say the G4 steering system is complicated.............. But it is something that you will have to maintain more to keep it smooth and tight.
That is exactly my point, specially when you run in semi- permanent dusty tracks, like the ones down here.
We'll wait untilsome conversion appears.
AFM
Old 02-20-2004, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

afm... If you're running on permanent dusty tracks, no belt drive car will last long that way... Go with a shaft drive car like the NTC3 or the OFNA LD3... If you don't like working cars on and keeping your cars/investment in top shape... Belt drive cars all need a little more attention and TLC... Shaft drive cars were design just for your type of racing conditions... ie dust and small rocks sometimes... Both cars run great as well.. I was watching Barry Baker test a new motor in his NTC3 yesturday at the Crystal Park RC Race way and the car look pretty dialed. There is no one car fits all... In your driving conditions, I would myself, only drive shaft cars... Where I race, the cars of chose are belts..

RC_Alan
Old 02-20-2004, 07:13 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by rc_alan
afm... If you're running on permanent dusty tracks, no belt drive car will last long that way... Go with a shaft drive car like the NTC3 or the OFNA LD3... If you don't like working cars on and keeping your cars/investment in top shape... Belt drive cars all need a little more attention and TLC... Shaft drive cars were design just for your type of racing conditions... ie dust and small rocks sometimes... Both cars run great as well.. I was watching Barry Baker test a new motor in his NTC3 yesturday at the Crystal Park RC Race way and the car look pretty dialed. There is no one car fits all... In your driving conditions, I would myself, only drive shaft cars... Where I race, the cars of chose are belts..

RC_Alan
Thanks Alan, but shaft drive cars don't fit my driving style, besides they are very abrupt in acceleration and braking, which makes them unstable for dusty conditions, not to mention the fragilty of NTC3. I'll just keep my GT-4 for the moment, and by the way have no problems with belts and maintenance. Here to the top drivers use belt cars, and I have the track record with my Sirio "evo2" / GT-4 combo.
It's just that I'm researching for my next car and.......I like the balance and performance of the G4 but......that steering system is not trustable from what I've read in this forum ........parts availabilty????....... uuhmmmm!!! We'll wait and see what comes up. Maybe a G4 EVO, jajajajajajaja
AFM
Old 02-20-2004, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by B
does the alloy one makes maintnance less?
No, its the same. But the option aluminum rail holder will make the adjustment easier and hold/align its shaft better.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:50 PM

how is parts availability for this car im 99% sure on getting this for my new car i run a ntc3 fast but never consistant also tweaks real easy thanks
Old 02-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

You can get your parts through Trinity online or any number of R/C shops that post here... Call around in your area and see who carries the G4 and if they carry parts and or can order them. I'm willing to shop online for some parts as the prices are alot cheaper online as compared to buying direct from Trinity... Also of note, Team Magic which makes the G4 should soon be selling parts online... Hopefully by the Summer... Nikko... That would be a good target date...

RC_Alan
Old 02-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Default Tanks for G4

update :
To all customers for new kits we give everybody who is buying a new kit from us.
a new spare tank the new version ! (blue dot)
so you getting 2 tanks in the kit the old version in the sealed bag and the new version
just to let you know
Old 02-21-2004, 02:47 PM
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: Tanks for G4

Originally posted by border r/c
update :
To all customers for new kits. We give everybody who is buying a new kit from us a new spare tank of the new version ! (blue dot)
so you are getting 2 tanks in the kit, the old version in the sealed bag, and the new version.
just to let you know
Eventhough you are the best supplied shop on Team Magic, it is almost impossible for us to buy from you, because price differential is astronomical. We can get a G4- E Class in the USA for $275.00 vs. $406.96 with you, that is 47% more!!!!!!! and the rate exchange between Euro and Dollar is 25%!!! Where is the other 22%???
AFM
Old 02-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default Jfast

I can get all the parts for the kit. I am in NY so there is no delay on shipping. Check out my site at www.rcnutshobbies.com
Old 02-21-2004, 04:44 PM

Default parts avail

thanks alot guys im a 100% sure ill be running the G4 this summer
is there any hopups i need from the start?
thanks Jesse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.