Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

have a look at these websites, they have setups for g4 on rubber tyres. on uk tracks:

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/car_setup.php

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/cml_setup.htm

when you say unprepared do you mean low grip? if so maybe go quite hard with front diff (yokomo hard diff grease or 100,000 oil or higher) or make up a solid front axle, this is to try and give some good traction to pull car out of turns.

also dont gear the car too short in first, to avoid wheelspin otherwise you might cook those soft tyres!

on some set ups it shows harder rear springs than front, this works well and is worth trying.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default shims

Originally posted by Tooned G4
Can anyone tell me what effect changing the shims on the upper front wishbone does to the handling. Is this the roll centre adjust or castor ?
The shims change castor, moving the arm foward increases low speed turn in, but decreases exit speed, I use arms all foward for castor on my car.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

rc_ALLAN

heres my update! =) just finished racing the car this afternoon, arrived at the track late! arrived 20 mins before the second qualfying session placing fourth in the group and qualifying with 3rd spot in the b main (30mins) not bad for someone who was late and loving the new feel of his car, pushing every corner to the limit regretting some of them now actually heavy hand = fast car = bigger grins = bigger crashes! the settings provided by extremerchobbies made the car turn like it was on rails (no pun intended on the steering system hehe) we used the mugen springs as mentioned taking from the possible fit on the g4 aside from the other setup advice indicated. everything was going well going into the mains until a "car with bright neon green tires" tried to catch up and ended using my car as the brake breaking my tm gaskets on my tm pipe. taking valuable time on repair. what made it worse was we didnt notice that the transponder was loosend as well falling eventually which rendered a big number of my laps useless. etc etc etc but still ended up fourth after all that. cant wait for the next time to prove the worth of this car... HERE WE GO!
Old 09-18-2004, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mr. Shims... Welcome to world of Nitro RC/OnRoad!!! Sounds like you had alot of fun today... I to must say I had a pretty good day at the track testing the new K-Factory steering system and TM's new steering blocks... Wow, I thought my Mugen handle well and it's steering was the best I ever driven in any Nitro RC car... The key word is "Was"... My G4 now was so dialed, I pulled it off track with the biggest grin on my face.... and put it on display. That car's steering which was such an issue with my G4's before, was just an afterthought now. I could finally attack the track from all angles and my line was tight too... As you all can tell, I'm happy... So much so that my Mugen is now for sell... ... For the right price... lol

RC_Alan
Old 09-19-2004, 02:39 AM
Tech Regular

rc_alan is there much difference between the old steering blocks and the new ones, can the old ones be modded to work the same,
Old 09-19-2004, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by muppet racing
if anyones interested heres a link to a uk website, with some videos you can download:

http://www.3hobby.com/modules.php?na...download&cid=6

you need to register to download them, but its free.in the BRCA 1:10 rubber A-main, race a G4 took tq and the win! (national race series on rubber tyres)

theres also some other videos of foam races.

tooned: the plastic shims adjust the castor angle, which basically changes how much tyre is in contact when you apply steering lock.

to see this, take all the shims off, put the car on a flat board(with tyres on!) put the steering on full lock, look level with the front tyre, and move the top wishbone forwards and backwards. this should show how the castor works!

hope it helps.
Muppet, thanks for the promo.

Next week a highger quality version of the National Rubber A-Main video will be posted (the G4 TQ'ed and won this race).
Old 09-19-2004, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

jas1.. I've seen G4's with there stock steering setup drive very well. The two I have drove well for awhile... If you have the stock steering system and all is well.... I would just upgrade and get the new steering blocks for added steering. The steering upgrade/conversion was design for those who had problems with the slider setup and for those who wanted a choice. I made a few extra mods to the bulk head to clear alittle more space to add more throw as well with the new setup. So, if your stock/slider setup is not broken... You can add some more steering with the new steering blocks... Very good investment as well... I'm ordering one more set myself. I'll say this, though, my steering feels quicker with the new steering system, and my car doesn't push anymore exiting turn like it did with you slower slider steering system.... Getting ready for the club race today... Driving against Team Mugen and Team OFNA... So I'm sure Robbie Collins and Mike Swauger from Mugen and Steve Nguyen from OFNA will be there as well...

RC_Alan
Old 09-19-2004, 07:06 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by rc_alan
I to must say I had a pretty good day at the track testing the new K-Factory steering system and TM's new steering blocks...
Hi Alan. How's your experience with the new G4 steering blocks?
Is it physically noticeable or only just difference in perfomance?
Old 09-19-2004, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Alan, I'm surprised you're so happy about the new steering considering you have to do some dremel work on the bulkheads where the steering arms hit the area where you mount the front rail. After all these months of looking into the steering problem,......to have an interference like that is piss poor development work.

Also, the new KFactory centax parts should include the shims to make up for the thicker shoes; without them you're screwed.

Other than that, with the usual amount of custom fitting everything because nickko and co. couldn't get it done right, the car is now back to running like it's on rails.

I will say that the only difference I see in the new steering is that it centers better than the original (and should be more reliable over time). Other than that, my car handles no differently and has no more or less steering than the original. I'm assuming the new steering blocks are the real difference and will be purchasing a set of those soon.

I've yet to be able to play with the new clutch and test the differences there, but today is race day and we'll see.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Kmac.

the clutch weights are thicker but the clutch shoe itself is thinner. I had no issue with getting the right gap.

BTW, it works great. much less clutch slippage coming out of the corners and it has decreased my engine temps.

Now, as soons as they can get the new side and brake pulleys out, we should have good ratios to deal with.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

I had to add about 4 shims to get mine right. I ran it today in Madison and the new clutch grabs so hard, now, that I had problems keeping the car straight. I finally backed it way off and started to see some improvement.

Just out of curiosity what weight diff fluids do you run Rear & front?
Old 09-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

running 10K front and 5K rear.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default k factory clutch

Originally posted by rodneybarrett
Kmac.

the clutch weights are thicker but the clutch shoe itself is thinner. I had no issue with getting the right gap.

BTW, it works great. much less clutch slippage coming out of the corners and it has decreased my engine temps.

Now, as soons as they can get the new side and brake pulleys out, we should have good ratios to deal with.
rodney: is the red spring harder or softer than the silver one? i ran yesterday w/ 2 friends who also had G4's... the other one's clutch shoe melted(or had a groove)... and one of the three centrifugal shoe literally melted inside the flywheel. do you think it was because he had a bad gear ratio for the track? i didn't have problems w/ my G4 except for the engine. think i have to rebuild my carb
Old 09-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default Servo saver arm

Does anyone know where i can just buy a servo saver arm for the old steering system. Mine cracked off.

Thanks,
Old 09-20-2004, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Xtreme:

Was it the new clutch shoe and fly weights that your buddy had problems with?

I ran almost 3/4 gallon of gas through my this past weekend without any problems. I was running on a very high grip track too. Mugen X12 engine. The ratio could have something to do with it. Before, with the old clutch, my clutch would slip coming out of the corners. you could hear it in the engine. Now, with the new clutch, you can hear the engine bog due to too high of a gear ratio (even running small diameter tires)

I believe the new red spring is harder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.