Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

body got messes up as well, so damges are: chassis, bent universal, bent screws on the front end, cracked tank, and the body, and stripped gear. the wire got loose from the battery concidering that the car was traveling FULL speed into the curb this is not bad, none of the pastic was broke!!

p.s. if u wanna read lil more detailed story of my crashing read few threads back, i think the original thread was on previous page
Old 05-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

no the but it sure looks like aggdaddy
Old 05-14-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

I got some good news G4 fans... TM is really working on a retro/converstion for the problem/defective steering system currently being used... I have a friend that just got back from Taiwan and he told me that to keep looking at TM's website for the details... It's suppose to look something like the Mugen's steering/ackerman setup.... Only time will tell when it will be released. I asked him was he for real about the news.. He has a 1/8th Kyosho and TM G4 along with a few other cars.. He said yes, that he was going to put his G4 up for awhile and just drive the Kyosho until he can get the converstion direct from Taiwan.. I'll post back as soon as I get more details.. Also keep checking out TM website and PM Nickko for more details... Also of note, he told most guys out there change there steering servo saver every other month just play it safe and to prevent the binding and the best steering servo saver to use is the stock black plastic ones... GPM and the K-factory ones are a waste of money... Food for thought that I'm just passing along...

RC_Alan
Old 05-14-2004, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Bling Bling
Old 05-14-2004, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

I'm telling you guys just tighten down that servo saver so its basically locked and does not move. your steering will not loosen up this solves all the problems.
Elementary my dear watson, elementary
Mike
Old 05-14-2004, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

My steering is perfect after 2 races now, i built it so was'nt any play at ALL, It binded as hell tho. I then sat with my car and radio and steered fore and aft in about 2 hours with the car completely built together. Then i raced the car quite a bit and now it's perfect!
I have a great mod i did for refueling, will get pics of it. I took a LONG zip-tie and mounted it in the Tank lid, got it through the small rectangular hole in the handlebar, lead it through the fins in the engine right behind the handle. I then took out my Dremel and made a rectangular hole in the rear shocktower and got the zip tie through that and locked it with a zip tie. With this mod i refuel by grabbing the zip tie through the rear window and then fuels through the windscreen. As i said, pics are coming
Old 05-14-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default sparx

That is what Joel Johnson showed in RC Nitro 2 issues ago. His goes right through the back of the car so it is easier to fuel with out having your hand in the way.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

OK. But here are some pics anyway
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-ms-013.jpg  
Old 05-14-2004, 07:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

One more
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-ms-019.jpg  
Old 05-14-2004, 07:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Remember.... Not everyone is having steering binding issues... But when about 40-50% of all G4 owners all over the world has had some kind of steering system failure... When RC forums all over the world are reporting steering binding/failures... Trinity Team drivers and I even spoke with the CEO of Trininty at the RCX.... Please read the facts... TM is now working on a fix... That means the builder of the G4 knows there's a problem and are now trying to correct it. If those owners of the G4 have perfect steering... Great!!! The Steering converstion is something you all won't need to get. Keep your cars as is and happy racing. I've told no one to dump there cars... Some owners have given up seeing how TM handled the fuel tank problem last year and early this year... That's another thread. I'm just happy to hear the company is trying to correct a design flaw. Like I said, if it works great for you... Great!!! It's not that so many built the car wrong... or we didn't tightned the servo saver... I've had my 2 since Oct 2003... So I've been in the game with this car alot longer then most people posting in this tread... I got a confirm from the CEO of Trinity and even TM says there's a problem.. To post that there's not a problem makes no sense when you've haven't driven every G4 out there. Having a A-Arm break on a NTC3 is not a design flaw, that part of the car is just very weak... Steering failure being reported by G4 owners world wide is a design flaw... I'm not knocking anyone. I'm just reporting the facts... I love the car and will still drive it once the converstion/retro fit comes out. Not trying to flame controversy... Just trying to pass on good news about the car..

RC_Alan
Old 05-14-2004, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Not to be cranky but my Kyosho V-One RR steering was more finicky then my G4. It slopped AND was tight.. But i know there's some problems they can fix in the G4 steering, it was a pain in the ass to get rid of the slop. So when the conversion gets here (probably to next season if TM releases it next month ) I'll get it as fast as i can!
Old 05-14-2004, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Wow, rc_alan, its great to hear the good news Team Magic is actually doing work and are backing up their word. Also, it s great to see all the tips and tricks coming in from g4 drivers, back in the day this forum had a post every other day, now its tons more. Keep representing the g4 worldwide and kill sna kes
Old 05-14-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Rc_Alan- You are one of the old school G4er's. And everytime there's a post on steering problems that you post the new guys always jump on you for building your car, incorrectly. We know you built you car right and exhasted every option with stock and aftermarket hop ups to correct the problem. At least I do. I think if everybody started reading the thread from the start they'll see that this has been going on for about 9 months. Not a couple of months. I'm glad to hear that TM is working on a fix. Kudos Nickko. For now my g4 is safe. Anyway go killem at the track and keep us posted if you hear stuff. Just because they're some people that think your post are complaining they're some of us who look at your post for insight.

take care
Old 05-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

budlightnmyhand I'm telling you guys just tighten down that servo saver so its basically locked and does not move. your steering will not loosen up this solves all the problems.
be warned- locking up your servo saver is gonna cost you money if you hit anything, if theres no give anywhere on your steering its going to rip your servo apart
Old 05-14-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

i had steering problem as well, the way i solved it was to turn the steering lock that rides on the rails the other way. i ran my car after that quite a few times and had no binding watsoever. i am not completely sure if the fix it permenant but it seems to work fine for me

i will post some pics when i can. well i mean when i put my car back together because after my lil incident the car is in plastic bag and i am waiting for the parts to come

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.