Wiki Posts
Search

Nomadio Vs Ko Propo Helios Specky

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default Nomadio Vs Ko Propo Helios Specky

Gurus~
currently i am running 1/10th scale car,searching for fast reaction/good reliable transmitter and servos...

My spec at the moment:
just Helios Ex-10 with normal crystal
2343 Ko Servo as throttle/steering

Question as above title

Nomadio Vs Ko Propo helios specky

i was wonder which to get right now... thinking if ya guys know pretty good bout this two stuff would give me some suggestion about the controller(transmitter), before i been heading out of the wrong track...

Do nomadio haf their own servos? as fast as Ko propo servos?

if i change my mod into specky(Dsm) type, will it be better??

coz i been stop R/C since 2004 , then just got back couple of months, thinking should i change new my controller??

various answer would be really appericiate

thanks you guys /Gurus~
Old 09-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I race with a Nomadio React and love it. I was previously using the M11/Spek, and as far as a radio goes I had no complaints.

Nomadio claims the React "is the fastest radio period." As far as frame rate between the TX and RX that may be, but you have to have fast servos to go with it and Nomadio isn't in the servo business.

The thing I like about the React is the built in telemetry. I always know my Rx voltage, and I have the temp sensor that I have set within a few degrees of an Exergen, so I can check my engine temp at anytime.

Either way KoPropo/Spek or Nomadio, once you go DSM you won't go back
Old 09-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by royfan33
I race with a Nomadio React and love it. I was previously using the M11/Spek, and as far as a radio goes I had no complaints.

Nomadio claims the React "is the fastest radio period." As far as frame rate between the TX and RX that may be, but you have to have fast servos to go with it and Nomadio isn't in the servo business.

The thing I like about the React is the built in telemetry. I always know my Rx voltage, and I have the temp sensor that I have set within a few degrees of an Exergen, so I can check my engine temp at anytime.

Either way KoPropo/Spek or Nomadio, once you go DSM you won't go back
royfan33,

mmmmm Nomadio set looks cool~~ , how bout their servos ? ? they using their own servos ????

how's their speed ?/sec ??
how's their strength of KG can hold??

comparing the digital servo

9451 Futaba servos ,

2343 Ko servos(currently using) 'should i change it to nomadio servos if i use nomadio react??'

looking forward on Nomadio cool stuff
Old 09-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Nomadio doesn't make servos. You can use whatever you have.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Nomadio doesn't make servos. You can use whatever you have.
thanks bud~ ~ ya hella clear up my mind~ ~ Ch33rs R/C forever~ ~ hands up
Old 09-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Nomadio is the only 2.4ghz radio capable of controlling other brands... I've used the React and Sensor with Spektrum receivers... Airtronics and Futaba should be coming in a software update...
Old 09-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Nomadio is the only 2.4ghz radio capable of controlling other brands... I've used the React and Sensor with Spektrum receivers... Airtronics and Futaba should be coming in a software update...

I'm getting ready to buy some 1/12th carpet stuff, and was considering getting a mini Spektrum Rx. Do you notice any problems while using the Spek rx w/React.

I was under the impression that only the React, and not the Sensor, could bind with the Spek rx.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

I'm getting ready to buy some 1/12th carpet stuff, and was considering getting a mini Spektrum Rx. Do you notice any problems while using the Spek rx w/React.

I was under the impression that only the React, and not the Sensor, could bind with the Spek rx.
The react can do it model specific but you need to be running the Beta software release.... No non-beta will contain the code to control the Spek's due to threats... The Sensor needs to be manually changed via the RC Desktop and can only control Spek's until it's switched back...

Nomadio is working on a smaller receiver (non telemetry) that should be available soon. Their bread and butter is the Military radios so when they have to get something out the RC portion slows down... I'd like to run the spek mini in my 12th scales, being controlled by my Sensor, but being sponsored leaves me between a rock and a hard place....