Search
Like Tree9Likes

Tamiya F103 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 08:10 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

oh, some guy just told me that the body is molded in black, and there is all the silver stickers for it...

instead of West sticker....they had Best....hahaha...

anyway, is $30USD bucks worth it?
Old 09-12-2001, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

i have seen both bodies the mclaren is painted all black and the ferrari all red. Even the drivers. the decals for the mclaren say best instead of west and other tamiya tricks so they dont have to pay team mclaren any money to make the body. The same goes for the ferrari. I recently bought the ferrari but in a special clear model so i can paint it up to look like any other teams car.

I also heard from an inside source tamiya is going to re release a whole f1 kit i cant remember what model but it will be an older body style.

I am going to tamiya america again saturday and thats were the guys that won the trip to japan in past years race so they know that car better than the back of there hand. so the reason i brought this up is if any one had any hard to answer questions about this high perfromance machine i would be happy to ask the boys at tamiya.
Old 09-12-2001, 08:32 PM
TFR
Tech Master

WOW...

that's good, they are keeping it alive...

...I just want them to release more parts...

hey fangio, if you got any more news...post here

thanx alot
Old 09-12-2001, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Fangio

I would definitely relay the message to Tamiya that support is building in the Bay Area for F1 again. At the last Castle Hobbies race, there were 22 F1 cars. That's more cars than they have seen in 2 years. We race again on Sunday. I'll let you guys know how many cars we have this weekend. It may be low due to recent events, but my group will be out in force with our 6 drivers.
Old 09-12-2001, 09:17 PM
TFR
Tech Master

ha...22 cars...nice...a real F1 race

in my area...no race...
Old 09-13-2001, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Yeah... who'd have thought we'd see a c-main in F1 again? Just get some of your buddies interested in the hobby. All you need is a few to get bit by the bug and you can make your own race! Tamiya corner dots part# 53190. It's a package of 5 dots.
Old 09-13-2001, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone here race the Cross F1? Anyone seen the Keil F1 based on the AE 10L platform... looks very light and fast....

psycho and other bay area F1 racers...going to race the Castle Classic for the first time w/my F1...hope to meet all you F1 racers.

Last edited by rc-zombies; 09-13-2001 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-13-2001, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

rc-zombies

We're also racing F1 this Sunday at Castle. The Castle Classic looks like it will be pretty cool this year. They're having an open nitro sedan class this year! woo hoo!
Old 09-13-2001, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

C-main in F1... WOW!... I can't even get 3 F1 racers to come at Speedworld....I know Billy's sold alot of F1's in the last year. And now they are extict at the Rocks races in Fairfield... I should start driven out to Castle... but that's a long drive from Vallejo...
maybe I'll come watch the race on the 16th and see what everyone is running.... if not see ya next week....
Old 09-13-2001, 02:37 PM
TFR
Tech Master

You guys are lucky that you still have F1 races...
Old 09-13-2001, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Hey

The guys at amiya that won the nationals in the past that still race there are trying to revive the f1 seen too. there theory is that since no hobby shops carrying any parts or kits it makes it very hard to race formula 1. which is very true when ws the last time you saw a f1 kit in the hobby shops. they also talked to one of the head guys from japan and he said the reason why there not selling well in japan either is there is no new chasis style or new technology for these cars.

heres what I think we should do. I think we should sign like a petition to show how many people are interested in racing f1. the only problem is i dont know were we should start this. Any in put would be appriciated.
Old 09-13-2001, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

From what I hear, most F1 racers in Japan have been racing GTP bodies. I think the same problem is true with GTP bodies, though. You only have 3 bodies to choose from. If they had current, licensed bodies from Ferrari, McLaren, Jordan, Jaguar, Williams, etc. I bet there would be more interest. I think the same thing would be true with GTP bodies. I'd like to see Panoz, Lola and Reynard GTP bodies to go along with the Audi body. The Toyota and Porsche bodies are cool, but they are only run in the 24 hours of Le Mans race. Tamiya is always interested in scale, so why not replicate the American LeMans series and Formula One in Europe? JMHO
Old 09-13-2001, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

F1 has died down for a long time~..... But recently you see more people racing pan cars, mini, micro cars. So F1 gotta be back too. the cross car are like Tamiya's F1. They should really have a competitive F1 racing class.

right now when you race F1 at TCS, they give you hand out motors. They should have a mod class where people can really get some ponies into the car.

They should race the LeMan class too. and make more and better chassis for LM and F1 class.

People seems to race in the class that they are more familiar to in real life. Nowadays more people are watching nescars and touring car racings. And F1 class are catching up too. It's really up to Tamiya and other big manufacturs to bring it back. If every manufacturs has a F1 racing chassis. F1 will be as popular as Touring cars in no time!

So just asking Tamiya to do so, really won't have any impact. HPI, Schmacher, Losi, Associate and kyoshos or whatever rc companies out there, if they all do it F1 will be a big racing class.
Old 09-13-2001, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

TRF-Powered

At Castle, they require that you use stock motors in F1. They don't hand out a spec motor. Personally, I think there is nothing more satisfying that to have one of the top drivers get in your face and accuse you of running a mod motor because you were so fricking fast. Then you pull the body pins and lift the body to reveal an unmodified, stock motor. It's all about matched cell batteries and gearing!
Old 09-13-2001, 06:16 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Yup, i agree that everybody is bringing back to pan car, 1/12th, and mini, as well as the F1...

When Tamiya re-release the two bodies, I think they know how we felt now.
About the chassis, i dont know if they will make one...possibly not.... but you never know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.