Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Help with 3PK Spek Pro and Micro Receiver Please! >

Help with 3PK Spek Pro and Micro Receiver Please!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with 3PK Spek Pro and Micro Receiver Please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 01:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Help with 3PK Spek Pro and Micro Receiver Please!

Hi guys, I posted this in the Rookie Zone but it wasn't getting many hits and I really need help at the moment. So here's my problem...

I got a second hand micro receiver today for my 3PK with spektrum pro. I put it in my car and went through the instructions normally with the bind plug etc. and it all seemed fine (flashing light, etc.). But then when I tried to run it, there seemed to be no activity except for with the ESC. The motor wasn't going to work because one of the wires needs to be re-soldered. All of this stuff worked before i tried the receiver so I know something else couldn't be the problem.
Well anyway then I tried to re-bind it by repeating the process but the light on the receiver wasn't flashing like it did the first time and this time there was no activity from the ESC either! Does anyone know what the problem could be? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I have an LRP Digital 15T ESC, but I tried a different ESC to make sure that it being an LRP ESC wasn't the problem. I also have just a stock servo.
The receiver light comes on whenever i have the power on and the only time I can make it flash is when I take the servo wire out. I guess this is some sort of fail-safe or something?

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Step 1: Bind the receiver to the TX

Step 2: Set the throttle, Brake and Neutral points on your ESC to your controller
Old 08-31-2007, 02:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i think that happened to me before. make sure you plug the wires correctly. like the black wire is on the outer side of the micro rx.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmmer701
i think that happened to me before. make sure you plug the wires correctly. like the black wire is on the outer side of the micro rx.
Hey thanks! I tried this before but I thought 'why not' and it worked this time! I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake You have no idea how stupid I feel now!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stickman310
Hey thanks! I tried this before but I thought 'why not' and it worked this time! I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake You have no idea how stupid I feel now!
haha anytime .. i felt that also when i swtich to a micro rx hehe