Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Which radio are u using? Futaba, Airtronics, KO propo? >

Which radio are u using? Futaba, Airtronics, KO propo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which radio are u using? Futaba, Airtronics, KO propo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 05:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
KO Helios and I love it. Its the best radio Ive had and Ive had them all. Its comfortable and light and I think the menu is really easy to navigate. But radio is largely personal preference.
I totally agree!
Old 09-01-2007, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm using 3PK with spektrum Pro, but spektrum sucks.. looking forward to Fasst.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

3pk with fasst cant go wrong
Old 09-01-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

First... Had a M11/Spektrum pro and sold it to buy a 3Pks and Fasst system. Why? Feel and comfort as others have stated. I had no complaints with the M11, but it just wasn't as comfortable as the 3Pks
Ditto. The 3PKS is an amazing radio to begin with. Add Fasst to it and it's the best out there, in my opinion.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Futaba 3PK.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

futaba 3pks with 2.4 fasst
Old 09-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

it seems 3pk with fasst is the winner.........................................
Old 09-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

anyone else////?
Old 09-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Initiate

dude, end of the day whatever top end transmitter you choose it aint going to make ANY difference to your results, no not even 0.00001 second difference.

they all are fast enough and have enough functions than u will ever need.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know that everyone and their mommas prefer the Futaba 3PKS...

That being said, I think its 'baby brother', the 3PM w/ FASST is the deal of the century! I have the 3PM, and it has been fantastic. It does way more than I need it to. I had digital servos at the time I bought it, so I basically got it b/c I needed a computerized radio and wanted to try running in HRS.

HRS is killer. It was a noticible difference in response time.

Now, I'm salivating over the 3PM with the FASST internals. The price point is the same as when I bought my plain ole 3PM!

My point is, I only use half the features on my 3PM. I would probably only use a 3rd of the features on the 3PK/S. The PK is a great radio, but it is way more radio than most club racers need. The PM series is still slightly more radio than most need, but it is a steal of a deal with the FASST internals!

If you don't have a Digital Spread Spectrum type of radio and want one, the 3PM w/ FASST should be at the top of your list! Running the FASST in HRS has got to be the 'bees knees', if you know what I mean!

Old 09-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

i think futaba makes good radio system.........
Old 09-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

as far as the weight distribution with 3PM and 3PK..... which one is more even....? Thanks.

Originally Posted by rabidsquirrel
I know that everyone and their mommas prefer the Futaba 3PKS...

That being said, I think its 'baby brother', the 3PM w/ FASST is the deal of the century! I have the 3PM, and it has been fantastic. It does way more than I need it to. I had digital servos at the time I bought it, so I basically got it b/c I needed a computerized radio and wanted to try running in HRS.

HRS is killer. It was a noticible difference in response time.

Now, I'm salivating over the 3PM with the FASST internals. The price point is the same as when I bought my plain ole 3PM!

My point is, I only use half the features on my 3PM. I would probably only use a 3rd of the features on the 3PK/S. The PK is a great radio, but it is way more radio than most club racers need. The PM series is still slightly more radio than most need, but it is a steal of a deal with the FASST internals!

If you don't have a Digital Spread Spectrum type of radio and want one, the 3PM w/ FASST should be at the top of your list! Running the FASST in HRS has got to be the 'bees knees', if you know what I mean!

Old 09-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would guess that the 3PM is lighter than the PKS, but I've not held a PKS in a while, so really not sure...

You could go to Futaba's site and compare weights...

My 3PM is light. I don't even notice it in a 30 minute main, so I'd say that you were safe with either.

I've held 3PKS systems in the past and they were really light as well. I didn't get a chance to hold them both back-to-back for comparison purposes, but I'd bet that the 3PM system is lighter... It is really well balanced. So much so that in over 2 years I've not given it any thought at all in regards to its weight and balance!
Old 09-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Sometimes.. i dun really like holding a light weight radio... i would prefer something like a solid radio.... when i said balance.... i mean when i hold the radio, i wont feel the top has more weight or vice versa...

Originally Posted by rabidsquirrel
I would guess that the 3PM is lighter than the PKS, but I've not held a PKS in a while, so really not sure...

You could go to Futaba's site and compare weights...

My 3PM is light. I don't even notice it in a 30 minute main, so I'd say that you were safe with either.

I've held 3PKS systems in the past and they were really light as well. I didn't get a chance to hold them both back-to-back for comparison purposes, but I'd bet that the 3PM system is lighter... It is really well balanced. So much so that in over 2 years I've not given it any thought at all in regards to its weight and balance!
Old 09-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Just my .2 cents.
I run the M11 with a Specktrum pro. I did some mods to the wheel for the best personal feel and quick hand placement. I like it because I had a M8 and enjoyed using it. Besides, after a 45 min main, it builds muscles!!

I'm one of these guys that buys a radio and wants to use every function. I asked many drivers who I race with; Do you use all the functions of your radio? I found out that they only use the driver funtions (steering, epa, exponetial, etc). I use the timers, signaling functions, and set up functions.

I ask the question to all of you. Do you use all of the functions that your high end radio has to offer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.