Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default I NEED HELP!!!

I just started using the mamba max system about a month ago. The first three weekends of running it was ok, all i had to deal with was some tyre problems and stripping gears,i got over those. But now the lock nut on the pinion on the motor keep backing off i changed the pinion and the same thing happened.Can some one help me out wit this problem?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

get a high quality allen driver for your pinion set screws. if you are using the little "L" wrenches that come with the gear or the kit, they strip out easily and won't let you tighten that screw down fully.

dynamite, racers edge, team losi, team associated, MIP, hudy - they all make quality allen drivers.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Use a little bit of thread lock...
Old 08-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Initiate

i tried a thread lock and it still came back and when i tried adjusting it again on the first one it was in the tighten position and the key is now slipping
Old 08-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Listen to RussB ...he's kind of like the "Yoda of RC" around our neck of the woods.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if your having problems with your set screws backing out .. discard them and get new ones . most likley the tip of the set screw is flattened and will not seat properly against the motor shaft .. and remember dont over tighten . and always use the right hex wrench ...
Old 08-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussB
get a high quality allen driver for your pinion set screws. if you are using the little "L" wrenches that come with the gear or the kit, they strip out easily and won't let you tighten that screw down fully.

dynamite, racers edge, team losi, team associated, MIP, hudy - they all make quality allen drivers.
And for us buget guys, Integy makes good ones! I use the ti ni ones