Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TriState Hobbies & Raceway, Cincinnati, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

What TC classes you guys running? I am going to put a car back together this winter and want to go brushless/lipo? Rubber tires or Foamies?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JBrake
What TC classes you guys running? I am going to put a car back together this winter and want to go brushless/lipo? Rubber tires or Foamies?
Rubber tire: 27t stocker or 13.5 brushless/ nimh or lipo

Foam: 19 turn
Foam: 27t stocker and 13.5 or 17.5
(13.5 will probably become its own class)

Personally I am going to run 13.5 brushless/rubber and 19 turn/foam. Come on out dude. Hit me up when you want to come down and we can roll together.

Later bro!
Old 09-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Sounds good, it will be a month or so.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I would like to run 13.5 brushless / lipo /foam tire. I am not a rubber tire fan. I also don't want to buy nimh batteries. But I am sure that we will figure out a couple of classes that everyone wants to run. Indoor carpet doesn't really start to ramp up for a couple more weeks. There are alot of people still running outdoors right now. So hopefully we will have big turnouts 40+ racers by october . Anyways come out, we will find a class for you.

RLove, what is a good rubber tire to run on carpet? What is the reason for running rubber. I cringe thinking about buying lots of sets of rubber tires, inserts. Sounds more expensive than foam. Maybe I am wrong, but that sounds to be more of a lower end class, so are the tires going to be a spec rubber or something.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigemike
I would like to run 13.5 brushless / lipo /foam tire. I am not a rubber tire fan. I also don't want to buy nimh batteries. But I am sure that we will figure out a couple of classes that everyone wants to run. Indoor carpet doesn't really start to ramp up for a couple more weeks. There are alot of people still running outdoors right now. So hopefully we will have big turnouts 40+ racers by october . Anyways come out, we will find a class for you.

RLove, what is a good rubber tire to run on carpet? What is the reason for running rubber. I cringe thinking about buying lots of sets of rubber tires, inserts. Sounds more expensive than foam. Maybe I am wrong, but that sounds to be more of a lower end class, so are the tires going to be a spec rubber or something.
Buy premounted RP30's or Jaco green. No worries about mounting or inserts. Rubber is just another form of racing. It changes everything up from foam.

13.5 will probably become its own class. Lipos are fine in rubber and foam.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

so rubber tire isn't a budget thing, I mean why spread the classes out so thin. Is this something we are going to switch off / on with so many classes. What is the life expectancy of a set of rubber tires?

how about a spec tire for a class. Basically I would think it would be to have some kind of entry level class, maybe a brushed motor, rubber tire class. And then a 13.5 foam. And a 10.5 / mod Foam class. If we start getting into more than two or three classes a weekend then that might spread it out to thin. What is going to be the class for the guys with brushed motors and older chasis cars? I would imagine there are enough of those racers out there for a class?

I mean we usually had three groups before in touring when I raced. We had the RTR guys, or people slowing building up from a ready to run. Then we had the fast stock guys. then we occasionally had a mod group run. It should be done in a way that anyone with a car can have fun. And sometimes the fst stock guys would run 19 turn.

I have been out for a while so having so many classes is kinda different to me, but I am open to whatever gives us good racing with drivers that have an equal skill set. I liked the idea of splitting the touring cars sunday, becouse I am not ready to run with the fast guys, and it was nice to know that there was 13.5 guys to race with.

It is cool that the lipo batteries will be allowed in everything. That is a big plus for me. I am trying to get out of work early enough to get to the house, pick up my parts and get to the track and fix my steering shaft so I can race tonight.

Also a points series would be cool. That would promote people being at the track consistantly. Like a 10 week series with 2 throwouts.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Two weeks till BRL Oval Series race one at Tri-state on October 12th and 13th. Make your plans to attend. Remember no onroad on that sunday.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'll be down this weekend to try 1/12....making the jump from 1/10 touring for the winter......can't wait.......
Old 09-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigemike
so rubber tire isn't a budget thing, I mean why spread the classes out so thin. Is this something we are going to switch off / on with so many classes. What is the life expectancy of a set of rubber tires?

how about a spec tire for a class. Basically I would think it would be to have some kind of entry level class, maybe a brushed motor, rubber tire class. And then a 13.5 foam. And a 10.5 / mod Foam class. If we start getting into more than two or three classes a weekend then that might spread it out to thin. What is going to be the class for the guys with brushed motors and older chasis cars? I would imagine there are enough of those racers out there for a class?

I mean we usually had three groups before in touring when I raced. We had the RTR guys, or people slowing building up from a ready to run. Then we had the fast stock guys. then we occasionally had a mod group run. It should be done in a way that anyone with a car can have fun. And sometimes the fst stock guys would run 19 turn.

I have been out for a while so having so many classes is kinda different to me, but I am open to whatever gives us good racing with drivers that have an equal skill set. I liked the idea of splitting the touring cars sunday, becouse I am not ready to run with the fast guys, and it was nice to know that there was 13.5 guys to race with.

It is cool that the lipo batteries will be allowed in everything. That is a big plus for me. I am trying to get out of work early enough to get to the house, pick up my parts and get to the track and fix my steering shaft so I can race tonight.

Also a points series would be cool. That would promote people being at the track consistantly. Like a 10 week series with 2 throwouts.

You will have stock foam and 19t/mod foam. There is a chance that 13.5 will become its own class. Rubber tire will be a third class because there are a lot of guys from the Dayton area and surroundings that only run rubber and it is a much cheaper alternative. One set of tires will last a LONG time.

The rubber tire class will be the smallest class and some days not even be running due to turnout, but we want to offer it so everyone can race and do it cheaper. I plan to do it to help promote it and get people racing.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

John/Roger/Monti,

Any chance for a 9:00 a.m. opening time on Sunday? Still start at 1:00.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 10-01-2007, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

There was some good racing sunday. Who is coming out on wednesday?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Yesterday was a good day. Both cars are working decent. Eli put in some NOS for the main. Old b_stard The track is just awesome. Our grip level is just insane. LOVE IT

I will be down next Wednesday. I have to work this Weds. and this Sunday
Old 10-01-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Another great weekend of racing at Tri-State raceway. Oval for Saturday evening had some real close racing in all the classes. Sunday showed for some awesome on-road racing with entries split between 1/12 scale and touring. Both days showed that the track is getting better with records broken for both days. If your not racing at Tri-state, then your just missing out on some great FUN.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes it was very good.........after I ditched the Orion motor I wanted to see haw it would compare to the stock hand out from last year ,and well it was..........different to say the least.

Anyone else at TSR going to try them before Cleveland?? I'd like to get an idea of what they need to run their best...
Old 10-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Default CALLING ALL MINI COOPERS

There are a couple of us coming Wednesday night to run Minis. The more the merrier!!!

Jay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.