Like Tree2Likes

GM Brushless

Old 12-09-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info Martin.

Some UK shops have the new motors in stock already. Do you know how long before the Gen 2 speedo's will be released and available to buy?

Many thanks
Oli
Old 12-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

no exact releasedate yet

but I guess around jan 2010
Old 12-09-2009, 08:44 AM
CA
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
Thanks for the info Martin.

Some UK shops have the new motors in stock already. Do you know how long before the Gen 2 speedo's will be released and available to buy?

Many thanks
Oli
Be careful the new Pro motors seen on some UK websites won't be BRCA legal.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

correct
Old 12-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Hi!
Last day I set gm's software for my friend without problems
on very small netbook with winxp.

Before instal try turn off if you have antivirus software, check if your
windows is up to date, then download:
- soft for GM:
- usb driver:

Unzip usb driver, launch exec file, then should start unpacking, and
ask something like that "install usb driver ble ble", just use YES button or NEXT.

When you connect usb device to pc, you should see some info, that
windows found some new device

Install GM software and try use it.

Older software for USB device is a little bad for new software in GM esc.

Try do it again.

Regards!
m.

Fantastic, thanks very much for the help
Old 12-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kecky
Fantastic, thanks very much for the help
And it works for you now?
Regards!
m.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
And it works for you now?
Regards!
m.
Yes everything works and i can transmit data from the GM120 to my PC and save it.

BUT

I am having trouble loading the special 13.5 Lipo program and sending it to my GM120.

I have read you should change the .TXT file to a .GDA file and upload it.
But when i go to upload it can't see .GDA files, it can only see .TDA files, but if i go to file open it is the other way around (it will only see .GDA files and not .TDA files).

So my first question is do i save the .TXT file as a .GDA or .TDA and do i get it into the software by opening it or uploading it.
My second question is you also need to bring in your current settings aswell, so do i just do the same thing again once the other file settings are on the screen.
My third question is do i need to register the software to be able to send the data to my GM120. My problem is my Laptop is not connected to the internet, as i have downloaded the software in work then installed it at home.

Sorry to be sounding stupid with all these questions, but i am just trying to get my head around it all, and i think it may take me longer than others

Thanks in advance
Old 12-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kecky
Yes everything works and i can transmit data from the GM120 to my PC and save it.

BUT

I am having trouble loading the special 13.5 Lipo program and sending it to my GM120.

I have read you should change the .TXT file to a .GDA file and upload it.
But when i go to upload it can't see .GDA files, it can only see .TDA files, but if i go to file open it is the other way around (it will only see .GDA files and not .TDA files).

So my first question is do i save the .TXT file as a .GDA or .TDA and do i get it into the software by opening it or uploading it.
My second question is you also need to bring in your current settings aswell, so do i just do the same thing again once the other file settings are on the screen.
My third question is do i need to register the software to be able to send the data to my GM120. My problem is my Laptop is not connected to the internet, as i have downloaded the software in work then installed it at home.

Sorry to be sounding stupid with all these questions, but i am just trying to get my head around it all, and i think it may take me longer than others

Thanks in advance
1. change the file extension to .gda
2. Start your Genius program, In your Genius sw, open this .gda file ("file open" etc). Connect to the ESC and you can load the settings you have just loaded from the .gda file to the ESC (note: you need v7.2 in the ESC if you want to use martin's 13.5T LiPo program from some pages back)
3. No, you do not need to register the Genius software (but you should)

Last edited by Stein Tumert; 12-11-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
1. change the file extension to .gda
2. Start your Genius program, In your Genius sw, open this .gda file ("file open" etc). Connect to the ESC and you can load the settings you have just loaded from the .gda file to the ESC (note: you need v7.2 in the ESC if you want to use martin's 13.5T LiPo program from some pages back)
3. No, you do not need to register the Genius software (but you should)

Thanks very much

Sorry but this now leads me to 2 more questions

1. when i go to send this data to my GM120, an error warning comes up saying: 'Temperature protection is deactivated Send Data anyway (loose warranty)?
Is this normal?

2. Once the program settings have been sent, do i have to choose a particular mode on the GM120 via my transmitter, for this program to come into effect, or will it automatically run this program when i turn it on?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

1 - this means that you have switched off the temp protect! it is in reserved. If your value is "odd" then temp protect is off, if it's "even" then it is on.

2 - nope, what ever you send it, it will run.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi,

As i said before i bought a 120 to run in 9.5T stock competition here in Portugal.

We don´t know yet if it will be 9.5, 10.5 or 13.5

I currently have a CS 9.5T so i will start the practice with this motor.

At the moment i´m also looking for batteries.. i already bought a LRP 5300 40C, but i don´t know if i should buy more or should i wait for something new (more power ?).

Since I will run stocks, with the GM 120. Should i wait for the new batteries Or should i buy one more LRP ?

It´s difficult to start buying in this time of the year
Old 12-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Initiate

you should buy better batterys
Old 12-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bruno Carmo
you should buy better batterys
Which one ?

m.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

I need help please.

I was racing at Carpetwars the weekend just gone. I was using a GM120 with a Speed Passion 10.5. Through saturday practice the SP was coming off at around 45-52 degress. But then i put a GM motor in. I didn't change my gearing or the esc settings and the GM motor MELTED, yes MELTED after just 4mins. So, with that in mind, what are the differences between the GM and the SP 10.5's and what do i need to do differently to the esc or gearing, when using a GM motor, to stop another Hiroshima happening under my body shell?
Old 12-16-2009, 01:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RSCosworth
I need help please.

I was racing at Carpetwars the weekend just gone. I was using a GM120 with a Speed Passion 10.5. Through saturday practice the SP was coming off at around 45-52 degress. But then i put a GM motor in. I didn't change my gearing or the esc settings and the GM motor MELTED, yes MELTED after just 4mins. So, with that in mind, what are the differences between the GM and the SP 10.5's and what do i need to do differently to the esc or gearing, when using a GM motor, to stop another Hiroshima happening under my body shell?
What was your gearing?
Which program or settings on your GM120 + sw release?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.