Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MRX-4X

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sm1nts2escape
How tight do you guys run your servo saver?Mine is all the way down/loose and was wondering if I should givie it a few turns.Thanks
I typically run it around 1-2mm from the bottom edge of the servo saver tube.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sm1nts2escape
How tight do you guys run your servo saver?Mine is all the way down/loose and was wondering if I should givie it a few turns.Thanks
I crank my servo saver down until the spring is almost fully compressed. This will give you more precise and consistent steering. But Brian is faster so...
Old 07-08-2008, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Again I run at C.P. and Greater L.A. what kind of overdrive/under drive is being run with this car??????
Old 07-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

7mm split. Use the kit recommended side pulley.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

tnx
Old 07-10-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Had a question about the rear body mount on the MRX4(well, all 1/8th scales)...there are two positions on the body mount arm where the piece coming off the rear upright mounts. How does changing this position change the handling of the car? Also how does changing the position of the centering post change the handle of the car?

Next question is about the bearing position, I believe most call it wheel scrub, I would appreciate if someone would explain the affects of that as I am clueless as to what it does.

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Hey what brand tires is everyone running I tried the RB and they worked O.K. just not reall fond of the silver/grey rims?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Who sells an cheap Pop Rivet gun for attatching body stiffners??? I woild like to use pop rivets rather than screws

Pass you soon
Old 07-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by automator
Had a question about the rear body mount on the MRX4(well, all 1/8th scales)...there are two positions on the body mount arm where the piece coming off the rear upright mounts. How does changing this position change the handling of the car? Also how does changing the position of the centering post change the handle of the car?

Next question is about the bearing position, I believe most call it wheel scrub, I would appreciate if someone would explain the affects of that as I am clueless as to what it does.

Thanks!
Having the supports on the outside gives the car more rear traction. I have only run them in on really high traction. The lower the center post the more steering. I run mine slightly below center most of the time.

The more scrub the more steering front and rear. In the rear it makes the car slide more and in the front it acts similar to more castor.

Originally Posted by motojon
Hey what brand tires is everyone running I tried the RB and they worked O.K. just not reall fond of the silver/grey rims?
Kawahara seem to be the most consistent. GRP's are my second choice. I have heard good things about the RB tires also but I have never tried them.

Originally Posted by lil-bump
Who sells an cheap Pop Rivet gun for attatching body stiffners??? I woild like to use pop rivets rather than screws

Pass you soon
I got mine at Home Depot.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:03 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Harbor Freight is super cheap!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Pass you soon
Home depot stocks a Black with Red Handled version
for $15.00. Try the Parma Clear Double Side Servo tape,
saves a lot of time ( No Drilling for rivets) and certainly
sticks very well.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Thanks guys. Headed to Home Depot
Old 07-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motojon
I don't mean to pull any sales from RB, but if you don't like the grey wheels check out Twister because they both come from the same manufacturer in Italy. You can get flo green and white for $30/set direct from the website.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default MRX4X

Thanks guys. Headed to Home Depot
I use the pop rivets, but also the plastic bolts. I found these at Frys electronics, but Home Depot also carries them. The come in a lot of different sizes, and the nuts do not back off from vibration. They are actually lighter than the pop rivets, and so far after using them for at least three years, have not had one problem with them. If you waste a body, you can reuse the bolts and nuts over and over. You can also find the plastic threaded bolts for the rear floating body mount at both places. I use 1/4x 1 1/4", thread them into the body mount, and snap the excess off with side cutters.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:42 AM
Tech Regular

Hello Guys,
I just bought a MRX4-X and I am wondering if the GRP wheels GAJ/GPJ yellow rims/tyres for Kyosho fit the Mugen? I would prefer yellow rims but is the offset etc the same as the GRP white Mugen looking wheels ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.