Nomadio React

Old 08-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)
Default Nomadio React

Well, I just sold my m11 / spektrum for Nomadio React, I cant wait, I hear its ultra fast response, I will be using Futaba s9350 for t/b, and s9351 for steering. Tell me what to expect, and your feelings on it, and I do plan on getting the Ballistic 2700 mah battery for it as well, is there another hard case I can get for it besides that gay looking Nomadio one? ( <no punt intended )

thanks a lot people,
Trevor

Last edited by pwnzor; 08-21-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

k, LOVE MINE> the adjustability of not only the radio, but the features are great imo. i ve used mine on my 1/5th scale OnRoads, MY HPI Baja and one my 1/8th Jammin. haveing the ability to set all 4 perameters, the 3 cars AND one for Gaming on the puter and store them is great. and still have 36 more slots for different tracks/setups games ect...

very intuitive navigation.
with my baja i ve had it 250 Plus YARDS away without any noticable delay or glitches.

one drawback i have seen is quick battery drain. useing 4 AA opposed to 8, surely keeps it light weight, but the stock 700Mah pack REALLY should be a 2100Mah pack Minimum if not a 2800 or better in reality. im useing selfmade Duracell 2500Mah Rchg packs. works well. i can get pretty much a FULL day of bashing with my baja, and a full day with the baja is about 4 or 5 HRS of RUNTIME, not pissing around time. same with my Onroad Gasser. mucho drive time. needless to say a day at the track with the 1/8th is a piece of cake.

my personal dislike is i have had some rather disturbing problems with the desktop software and the TX/CPU Connection/UPDate Process. i ve had a few Failures. I ll immediatly speakup and say Tech Support and Customer Support was Great and got me a new Radio both times the update failed. when the update process fails, its just like bricking a router by loseing power during a firmware upgrade. afterwards its powers up but wont talk to nothing.

since ive got my last unit back, i have yet to update the software. call me gunshy, but i havnt done it yet. it s working fine as it, but i just cant save any of my React NSF files. all else is Great though.

T
Old 08-22-2007, 03:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I ordered a 2600 mah pack from cheapbatterypacks.com, only 13.95. Aiso noticed since I got it my rx pack doesn't last long, probably was like that before but never knew it as never had a way to monitor rx pack until I got the react.
Never had a failed update but updating it is a little flakey, so I don't update much.
All these things aside, I love the react, got a wrap by leedilee, it looks killer. Pooldoc
Old 08-22-2007, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Do you have a picture of this thing?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TX update problems

Hi Timmahh
When you said "my personal dislike is i have had some rather disturbing problems with the desktop software and the TX/CPU Connection/UPDate Process. i ve had a few Failures. I ll immediatly speakup and say Tech Support and Customer Support was Great and got me a new Radio both times the update failed. when the update process fails, its just like bricking a router by loseing power during a firmware upgrade. afterwards its powers up but wont talk to nothing."
Was yours doing the same as what mine is now, after trying to upgrade to the Beta version, so I can use DSSM mode? When I plug into my PC, my React screen just flashes "no updates available" and it's as if my PC doesn't even recognise it's plugged in.
Does that sound familliar?

Thanx
Matt G.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

quick update on the react i bought NIB. the v2 transceiver didnt work right out of the box. Scott @ Nomadio did send one out rather quickly. Im not into things that dont work out of the box, but people I know that use them, love them.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I love mine. But I'll be honest, I don't ever update it. Kind of a "if it aint broke don't fix it type of thing". I like it how it is, so why F with it?

Sir Miles:

P.S.
The stock battery does suck.