Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8th scale aero tips.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default 8th scale aero tips.

I'm don't know a great deal about aero really, the only thing I try to do Is to cut a body as low as possible to improve the ground effect.
Are there any tips that people can suggest?
Old 08-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Tech Rookie

there isn't too much to it besides picking a body that fits your driving style. make sure to use body stiffeners behind the back wheels as well as on the sides. you mentioned that you get the body as low as possible, which is one of the most important things, an easy way of doing that is to sit the car with body on a table, and put a sharpie marker flat on the table, then run the pen around the body to get it flat and even all of the way around. also, some ppl just ream a hole for the exhaust, you will most likely end up with an oily rear suspension. so cut up from the bottom of the body infront of the exhaust, then cut backwards to create a nice little flap. that's it really
Old 08-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Tech Champion

Lower the front body post, and increase the height of rear body post.

If you need more steering, cut the rear side skirt ( the portion behind rear wheels ) in minimal fashion : Make it small and cut it steep angle.