Wiki Posts
Search

OCM KAOS DOMINATING

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheesecake
ok what is with this i look at all the setup sheets and the rear hubs are in the rear hole how does this work...... my rear axles rub on the arm and why cant i run my wheels on the buggy without them rubbing on the hub? i cant shim behind the 17mm hex so how would i shim so i can run my wheels. these little problems are pissing me off and im about to say screw it and run my jammin forever. im running the plastic hubs just so you know
I think he may have meant upper or lower hole on the rear hubs.

As for the wheel problem...some wheels have a slightly longer hub in the center. Just grind them down a little with a dremel and they'll be fine.

Did you buy your buggy from Rcprocenter on e-bay?
Old 03-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

yes i bought it from rcpro center. this isnt to me a issue where i bought it from everything checked out ok the diff cases were fine as i compared them to the new ones alan sent me. and yes im talking about the rear hub hinge pin when in the lower hole i cant run any droop without it rubbing and i was usung ofna wheels and kyosho wheels and it was rubbung into the rear hub Thanks for the help
Old 03-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

what starter boxes are you using on your ocm's i cant get it to line up on my chrome top. does anyone have any tip on lining it up ao reccomend another starter box
I dont have any tips on lining the chassis up on a chrome top, but I know it works because I am using that type box ATM.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

i figured out the starter box issue.. too bad it was after i made my order for a small mugen box. oh well i need another starter box anyways
Old 03-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Cheescake, Its hard for me to diagnose over the internet. Charles said you guys might make it over to Indy for a race on March 16. I would be more than happy to take a look at your car and help ya. Thanks Adam Kasch
Old 03-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

cheesecake

if your wheels rub
use mugen +1 wheelhubs
Old 03-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

yes i bought it from rcpro center. this isnt to me a issue where i bought it from everything checked out ok the diff cases were fine as i compared them to the new ones alan sent me. and yes im talking about the rear hub hinge pin when in the lower hole i cant run any droop without it rubbing and i was usung ofna wheels and kyosho wheels and it was rubbung into the rear hub Thanks for the help
The diff cases LOOK the same....but I promise you they are NOT. The plastic on the ones from RCPC are alot softer material. After the warm up a little they will expand causing you to loose your gear mesh and tear up your ring/pinion. Every OCM that RcPro Center has ever had were 1st run kits that were meant to be tested here. Some of them were released for sale before we found out the plastic was soft in some areas. At that point, all defective parts and/or kits were supposed to be taken off the shelves and returned to the factory.

I am currently running my rear upright pin in the upper hole(pushing the upright down) and do not have any issues with the wheels rubbing. I also use Panther, Ofna, Proline and GRP wheels. It is close...but it doesn't touch at all. If you could post a picture for us to look at I'm sure we could figure out what's goin on with it.

SK
Old 03-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

well i ran the uprights in the upper position lower hole.when it was in the upper hole lower position the axle would rub on the arm ill get pics on monday. . i switched to sportwerks wheel hexes which gave me a little more clearance and the rubbing went away on the kyosho wheels. i still cant run the ofnas because they rub.which hubs are you using plastic or aluminum? im going racing tomorrow im going to give it its maiden voyage hopefully it survives.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skeller

I am currently running my rear upright pin in the upper hole(pushing the upright down) and do not have any issues with the wheels rubbing. I also use Panther, Ofna, Proline and GRP wheels. It is close...but it doesn't touch at all. If you could post a picture for us to look at I'm sure we could figure out what's goin on with it.

SK
its not the wheels its the axle rubbing the arm the other issue is the wheel rubbing the hub
Old 03-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

its not the wheels its the axle rubbing the arm the other issue is the wheel rubbing the hub
OHHH....I got it. I'm running almost full droop(just down enough to take the pressure off the shock caps) and mine just barely touch. There is just barely a mark where they touch.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

well i ran the buggy this thing is amazing it handled great in my first qualifier i realized that i had forgotten to thread lock the screw that goes into the steering linkage and it had come undone. 2nd round buggy was great until it broke the front upright.............That ended my day with the ocm then i switched to my jammin

all in all im willing to put the time into the ocm to figure it out. i love this buggy from the nfirst corner i took in it. now to figure how to keep the front uprights from breaking
Old 03-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Cheescake,

I recommend boiling the uprights for 20 minutes or so. Once the weather warms up, they wont break so easily. If you and Charles end up at planet rc next weekend I have some spare knuckles. The potential is there for the car, you just need to find the right setup.

Later

Adam Kasch
Old 03-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Then setup was there its was on rails and i loved it. ive never driven a buggy that handled this good. the jammin will be the backup and the ocm will be the main buggy. im probably not going to make planet due to money but i sent alan a email asking him if he had any so i can make a order with him. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Then setup was there its was on rails and i loved it. ive never driven a buggy that handled this good. the jammin will be the backup and the ocm will be the main buggy. im probably not going to make planet due to money but i sent alan a email asking him if he had any so i can make a order with him. Thanks for the help.
Dude, I'm glad you like the buggy. Was it very cold where you were racing?
Old 03-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

I would recommend ordering parts from Amain or carolinas rc. However it appears their stock is kinda low on parts. I am really glad you liked the buggy. Its a good car. I have found that when temps are below 50 the knuckles can break a little easier. Last summer I only broke a steering link. Shane its still pretty cold up here where we're racing.

I am sure Alan will be back and ready for business by Tuesday. You may wanna call Jtec I know they are stocking some parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.