T2'008 what time release ?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

top deck front shock tower
Old 08-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The new layout looks like it will allow a lot more flex. On the xray forum one of their drivers stated that there will not be a conversion kit from the 007 because they differ way too much. Has the chassis been changed?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

If you look at the top pic more closely you will see a 5 cell chassis
Old 08-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Look at the rear CVD in the 1st pick. Barry Baker had those on his car at the Sedan Challenge. Its basically a regular CVD except the sides of the cup has been ground off. It had a "C" shape to it. I guess it doesn't has as much bind in it and lets the steering be at full throw without chatter.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

damn missed that! Only good for mod I guess?
Old 08-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rc_Boy89
wow what a shock getting a bit lame now, my t2 will be ancient soon and to think I was just about to get the t2 007, I give up. nice work xray! bye bye t2/electric [slaps for sale sign on body]
Good thing I visit this forum often, today I learned that a release of a new car also makes every old car slower - I guess that is some high level phisics right here...
Old 08-15-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 08-15-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

I haven't read everything here because I really can't believe some of the ignornant people but I will say a few things. First, i'm sure just about every club racer would run the same lap times with a FK04, 05, a T2 or a '007. Sure the 04 might not be as shiny but its still going to get the job done. If all you care about is having the latest and greatest and you run Xray, well, you will have something new to buy every year. I'm not sure how that could be killing the class but like i said there sure are some ignorant people on here. How many people bought 07' full sized cars? Are you going to bitch and complain when they release the '08 version........ probally not. So why is it different with an rc car????????

Just my .02...

Also a few people have commented but from what i've seen its the bulkheads, top deck, towers, and shocks (shorter) that are different, thats about all I know. That was what some guys had a the Reedy Race so it could have changed since then.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

oh come on bobby, i have two '07 cars and i am going to be getting 08's in the driveway soon as i like them better.

anyways i do that with my rc too.

what up buddy??? getting the itch to run some carpet again, hopefully see you at cefx this winter.

Vic
Old 08-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
I haven't read everything here because I really can't believe some of the ignorant people but I will say a few things. First, I'm sure just about every club racer would run the same lap times with a FK04, 05, a T2 or a '007. Sure the 04 might not be as shiny but its still going to get the job done. If all you care about is having the latest and greatest and you run Xray, well, you will have something new to buy every year. I'm not sure how that could be killing the class but like i said there sure are some ignorant people on here. How many people bought 07' full sized cars? Are you going to bitch and complain when they release the '08 version........ probally not. So why is it different with an rc car????????

Just my .02...

Also a few people have commented but from what i've seen its the bulkheads, top deck, towers, and shocks (shorter) that are different, thats about all I know. That was what some guys had a the Reedy Race so it could have changed since then.
Hey Bobby, You make a good point. The only problem I have with rc car companies RELEASING new cars every year or so is that it gets harder and harder to get parts for the older cars. With the full size cars i can get parts for cars as old as 20 Years back very easily.Just my .02...if this was the case with rc cars then i think more people would be less hesitant to hold on to their older cars.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bloodninja
I actually could care less what the importer of the product has to say. He's not the one making the decision to release a car every year.

Just find it amusing that he basically said nothing and equally amusing that someone applauded him for it.

Just as I find it amusing that you take it upon yourself to defend this company to the ends of the earth for nothing but a paltry discount.
I find it amusing that you fancy yourself to be clever with your replies...

I also find it amusing that you're so blinded by your own scourge and mental pestilence that you can't see Bryan simply was showing his customer support by offering all the information (or lack thereof) that RCAmerica currently posses.

I find it just as amusing that after some indepth research I've found that the originators of D&D once interpreted the name Bloodninja to loosly mean Lap Traffic- although they weren't sure of the significance at the time...
Old 08-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

it's interesting that this kind of discussion always surface whenever tamiya or xray come up with a new chassis.

all the time, bottom line is this thing not going to stop no matter how many people against the idea. To them this 'strategy' works so unless people stop buying new xrays, this will continue.

of course this post is not an attempt to ask people to boycott xray by not buying their cars. my point is, life goes on... if you're happy with xray but can't afford their latest then settle with what you have, hey it's still competitive.

if you don't like the way they do things this way, go and buy other make. Yokomo BD has been around for almost 2 years, HB Cyclone has been around for quite some time also.

I supported tamiya until i get a little fed up with the way they 'evolve' the TRF series every 6 months, so i jumped to other make
Old 08-16-2007, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew_Cat
Hey Bobby, You make a good point. The only problem I have with rc car companies RELEASING new cars every year or so is that it gets harder and harder to get parts for the older cars. With the full size cars i can get parts for cars as old as 20 Years back very easily.Just my .02...if this was the case with rc cars then i think more people would be less hesitant to hold on to their older cars.

you can still get parts for the fk04...........right from xray

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.