Wiki Posts
Search

Buying from Hong Kong ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by RedScorp
I just purchased 2 Airtronics 357 servo's for my NTC3 2 weeks ago for $140...and shipping ran me $9. I received the package 5 days later and I'm not sick..cough...couch...couch...croak!

I think the incubation period can be more than 5 days. So if you are not back in a few days we know what happened to you....killed by a couple of servos.....j/k
Old 05-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

uh oh, i hope my schnitzer bmw doesnt kill me. just got it from japan.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

Saving a few bucks and catching SARS isnt worth it. Do the math.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:03 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ordering from HK and Japan isn't just about trying to save a few buck. They have many great aftermarket parts they nobody in the U.S. carries.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Saving a few bucks and catching SARS isnt worth it. Do the math
HAHAHAHA, you have got to be joking.

You would have a hundred thousand times more chance of beng shot and killed in the US than catching SARS from a mail order from HK
Try that maths
Old 05-07-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

i heard from my science teacher that face masks don't prevent you from getting sars, but prevents people hu have sars to give it out. so if everyone pitches in and wear a mask for a week, everyone is fine!
Old 05-08-2003, 03:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by mo
Ordering from HK and Japan isn't just about trying to save a few buck. They have many great aftermarket parts they nobody in the U.S. carries.
Dito
-Dave
Old 05-08-2003, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by nitrosaurus
Saving a few bucks and catching SARS isnt worth it. Do the math.
how ignorant.........read up the facts on the virus before you post such comments.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

I all,
I live in Australia and order from Hong Kong reasonably regularly. I have had 3 packages from there in the last couple of weeks. If there was a real threat of parcels from Hong Kong carrying the Viris into your country believe me the Quarantine people would be right on to it and all parcels would be sprayed or Quarantined for a certain period.
Believe me most countries are serious about stopping the spread of this problem so if Incoming Parcels were seen as a potential carrier you would not be getting your parcels until they were sprayed or Quarantined.

As far as prices go I can buy ANY PRODUCT from Hong Kong at least 30% Cheaper than I can buy it for here in Australia Including Shipping.

Heres 2 For example.
A Trinity Monster Stock Pro motor will set you back $129.00 Australian in the LHS (no Joke!!). I can have one shipped to me for $65.00 Australian.
Also an Xray Evo 2 will set you back around $900 Australian at your LHS. From Hong Kong I can land one to my door for $560 Australian.
BIG SAVINGS in my opinion

Steevo
Old 05-08-2003, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

i actually landed my 414 from aussie last year for around 440 USD. and i mean the second prototype with the setting wheels; not the M. some of the prices arent too bad in aussie, but given the choice i'd buy from HK. Japan would be cheaper if they didnt rape us in shipping.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by icon
i actually landed my 414 from aussie last year for around 440 USD. and i mean the second prototype with the setting wheels; not the M. some of the prices arent too bad in aussie, but given the choice i'd buy from HK. Japan would be cheaper if they didnt rape us in shipping.
Hi Icon,
I am not sure how that price compares to what you could get it for in Hong Kong but I would say it would be cheaper in HK.
Quite honestly I personally have not found a single Item that I have ever wanted that I could not get in H.K for a huge saving.

I ALWAYS compare the prices to see if I can get a product from a local supplier but it always works out more than worth my while to place the order Over Seas.

Steevo