Community
Wiki Posts
Search

c6,os speed,go modded

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys. I got a RB C6BB T7.
Rbs are NR based, right ?(I read it here somewhere, I guess)
So, one can use NR glow plugs, no problem at all ?
Thankx for the insight.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

No, they are not NR based, but I believe they use Novarossi's facilities to manufacture the engines. NR plugs work....but as with any high dollar engine, why not use what was made for it?
Old 08-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A.C. You're asking a very difficult question. The great .21's like the vspec & C6 are have quite a bit of torque but still don't hold a candle compared to a crazy .28 like the TM928 or the nova 528xr. The .21's will give you smoother bottom better top and more linear powerband. The .28's give an explosive powerband. The newer ones like the upcoming OS .28 might change the rules though as engine manufacturers are now working on smoother .28's. Also, the weight of your truggy has a huge influence on your choice of engine. On the heavier 10+lbs truggys a .28 might be a better choice. My 11lb CEN didn't work that well in a technical track with a .21 My 9lb 8T OTOH is able to work very well with a good .21 engine in it.

Nova plugs work well in the C6BB7T
I use #6 with 30%
Use #5 for breakin or with hot & humid or cold weather for less flameouts (tradeoff is lower durability)
Old 08-14-2007, 05:56 PM
A.C
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

magbarn,

thks for the insight.

but as u said the tm928 is a monster but quite rough to handle as i does not have a smoother powerband, i m intending to use on a technical track.

that's the reason why it is givng me a headache...

c6bb 7t or tm928... confused.

A/c
Old 08-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, thankx.
The NR plugs are a lot easier to get here.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

does anyone make a .28 motor that will run 7 to 8 mins on a tank? in a truggy? got the c6 for the buggy now looking for the truggy..
Old 08-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

ppl on the grid are claiming 10 mintues with a 150cc tank and the new OS .28
Old 08-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
does anyone make a .28 motor that will run 7 to 8 mins on a tank? in a truggy? got the c6 for the buggy now looking for the truggy..
OK, now just get another C6 for your truggy.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
My 928 in my Jammin truggy gets 7 to 8 mins run all the time. Mine at full run gets 10.14 cc per min.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by A.C
magbarn,

thks for the insight.

but as u said the tm928 is a monster but quite rough to handle as i does not have a smoother powerband, i m intending to use on a technical track.

that's the reason why it is givng me a headache...

c6bb 7t or tm928... confused.

A/c
I ran a S7 in my truggy while I was waiting for my 928. The S7 and C6 I think are excellent motors to run. My original motor I was running on my CRT was the RB 728. The 728 was a rough motor and had great torque. I ran that motor on technical tracks and did alright. When I dropped in my S7 and ran the same tracks, it was very controllable and the motor screamed when flying down the straights. But for me, I missed the instant power and torque of the .28 . When my 928 got to me, I was in love!! That motor would scream and was very linear. Power was on tap all the time and I had mileage that was very like the .21's. The 928 will rip rims from tires all day but I deal with it! The 928 is a relatively calm motor, until you fully pull that trigger! I firmly believe that if you pick any RB or Novarossi be it a .21 C6,S7 or TM928, 528xs you will be very happy!!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:38 PM
A.C
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
I ran a S7 in my truggy while I was waiting for my 928. The S7 and C6 I think are excellent motors to run. My original motor I was running on my CRT was the RB 728. The 728 was a rough motor and had great torque. I ran that motor on technical tracks and did alright. When I dropped in my S7 and ran the same tracks, it was very controllable and the motor screamed when flying down the straights. But for me, I missed the instant power and torque of the .28 . When my 928 got to me, I was in love!! That motor would scream and was very linear. Power was on tap all the time and I had mileage that was very like the .21's. The 928 will rip rims from tires all day but I deal with it! The 928 is a relatively calm motor, until you fully pull that trigger! I firmly believe that if you pick any RB or Novarossi be it a .21 C6,S7 or TM928, 528xs you will be very happy!!
wow thats is great... 'power on tap' i am in love just hearing u raving abt the tm928... must get me 1 of those in my CRT.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

There is a place called champs r/c that sells the speed for $380 shipped and you'll have it in about a week.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:46 AM
A.C
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ghost06
There is a place called champs r/c that sells the speed for $380 shipped and you'll have it in about a week.
can i have the website?
Old 08-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

I'm tring to get the link give me a min. Or keywork champs R/C it's in Jap.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Hey Guys ,

this thread was brought to my attention and asked my opinion. Firstly leaving my status with Go tech aside ill make comments based purely on unbiased experience .

The engines in question are the RB , OS Speed and Go Tech .

RB Used to be hands down the best long lasting engines on the market, they hit their peak around 2003 to mid 2006. After that they went down hill. I base this on the number of them that come in for repairs. Problems are weird flame outs, and carb problems, also dags left on sleeves from manufacture that pre maturely wear pistons. Dont get me wrong , when you get a good one they rock, but who wants to make a high priced bet ?

OS Speed , one word WOW ! Very well designed engine ! power is insane ! but i fear the rear bearing and rod quality . I hope they have improved this because this is the only thing that hampers an other wise outstanding engine.
And for the price of one and replacement parts , they would want to be durable ! But remember the OS Speed is a factory designed and modified motor, so its been specd out to go as hard as it can , and it does .

Go Tech , This is a great performer and well priced engine. bearing and rod quality are amazing ! Carb and Crank case are world class ! and for the price of one of the other brand engines, you can get 2 Go Tech's . Replacement parts are realistically priced. These engines arent cheap, they are well priced . This is a compliment to the factory and management of GO Tech . exceptionally well made items at a realistic price. NOW if we resort to a modified GO Tech then watch out ! Our team Driver John Grupillo had to limit the EPA on his throttle to 60% . The engine had way too much and this leads me to my next point.
Sometimes a slower engine will get better lap times. While Grunt can appear to be fast , what makes a good lap time is a good race line. If you over shoot corners because of too much power you can lose a second on each corner and considering there are between 10 to 15 corners in most off road tracks you can calculate how much time you lose or stand to gain with a good race line.
Another example is one of our other team drivers Steve Toon , we had one of our Go Tech dusted from a filter pop off, we didnt have a spare one but we had an old Nova P5 that still went well . The Nova had slightly more take off than the Go . Toon thought it felt faster and it did look faster out there, but when we compared his lap times the go tech was 1.5 to 2 seconds faster on average. Why ? well we think its because of the linear power band, the P5 is known for its bottom end. But the Go had a more usable power band for this particular driver.

Go Tech fuel economy .21 7 Port with 150 ml tank 13 mins 15 seconds
.21 5 and 7 port with 125 ml tanks 11 to 11.5 mins on average

If you want to know more on Go Tech and other nitro engine set ups check my forum

http://massivemods.com/lib/phpBB2/

Cheers MM