tire repair

Old 05-11-2003, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: sorry, but thanks for playing

Originally posted by stoopidbstrd
ehh, i never really listened in biology anyway.
You where right!!!

Traxxasdude-- go check your science books!! Yes we get minerals from the soil....... Plants take in minerals to help them grow, which intern makes them rich in minerals....... how do we get the minerals..... we then harvest and eat the plants...... OR we butcher and eat the animals that ate the plants...... one way or another we get minerals from the soil......

On a not so closely related point--- where else would we get minerals, I mean we mine gold, magnesium, platinum, and yes even plutonium....... just to name a few.......
Old 05-11-2003, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

I also know it isn't minerals from the soil for other reasons and I will check my book tommorow. OK so we do get minerals from the soil. but many animals don't eat plants and thier cells are the same as ours
Old 05-11-2003, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default GTMilenko;

Look somebody made a Dumb statement here and we made fun of it. THAT'S IT!. All in good fun. The person involved took it as it was meant, AS A JOKE!
You got all bent and started with the name calling, so you got in return what you dished out.
If you haven't figured it out yet, in life you generally get in return what you put out. Garbage in Garbage out, it is very simple.

Ok Guys, enough said.
Old 05-11-2003, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by traxxasdude
I also know it isn't minerals from the soil for other reasons and I will check my book tommorow. OK so we do get minerals from the soil. but many animals don't eat plants and thier cells are the same as ours
animals have cells??? impossible!!! damn you biology man!!!
Old 05-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by stoopidbstrd
animals have cells??? impossible!!! damn you biology man!!!
How many, 6 or 7 cells, 2400 or 3000?
Old 05-11-2003, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Ok, let's explore you latest blunder....LOL

Let's say a wolf lives it's life w/o eating plants........ However he eats cute little bunny rabbits..... which ate plants...... so the wolf gets his daily dose of minerals.....

BTW: why you need you 2nd grade science book...you got the worlds largest encyclopedia setting right in front of you!!!!!
Old 05-11-2003, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

BTW: the real answer is ----

CarbonDioxide + Water + Sunlight = Photosynthesis

But I was arguing that plants and animals get minerals from rhe soil.......
Old 05-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

BTW Mr. Botanist.... took me 30 seconds to find!!!!
Old 05-11-2003, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

sure we do get minerals from the soil but that is not one of the ingrediants. wait until tommorow and I should have a answer by 4:30 eastern standered time. Plus I am not talking about photosynthisis.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Through the process of Photosynthesis plants create 2 things---- Oxygen + Sugar...

Oxygen is released into the atmosphere for animals to breathe

Sugar is kept inside the plants cells along with minerals to create the energy for the plant to continue life........
Old 05-12-2003, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

what three things does the mitochondria need to make food for the plant
This was the question..... and it was answered.... Photosynthesis is how the food (energy) is made......

Admit you are wrong and get on with life....

TRAXXASDUDE
Old 05-12-2003, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

actually the answer is food in general not minerals from the soil. There is a mitochondria in even our cell but we do not use photosynthisis to make food
Old 05-12-2003, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

No our digestive track breaks our food into minerals and sugars, which is then distributed to our cells......

Just admit that you where wrong and go on with your life......

It isn't that hard just say "yes Master, I am sorry for ever questioning you........ Please forgive me????"

OK LITTLE MAN?!?!?!?
Old 05-12-2003, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

actually there is one part (forgot what it is called) that turns that sugar and minerals into protien for the mitochondria.

Now then who nows more about cells, the one who just finshed studying it or the one who studied it years ago.

btw, I got that from a GRADED paper in my binder and I got the three things right.

Last edited by traxxasdude; 05-12-2003 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

actually there is one part (forgot what it is called) that turns that sugar and minerals into protien for the mitochondria.

Now then who nows more about cells, the one who just finshed studying it or the one who studied it years ago.

btw, I got that from a GRADED paper in my binder and I got the three things right.
Two questions -

1. Why are you being dogmatic about a High School level of biology definition? If you really want to know about Mitochondria (and I think I'm sorry I mentioned them. . . ) check out the MIG group at the National Institute of Health site (mig.nih.gov) (btw, they don't make or consume minerals although they do use minute amounts of them, usually vitamins, in maintaining their integrity - they take glucose or glycolytes and O2 and make ATP which is the power transferral method of the body)

2. Why are we talking about biology and herbology on an RC column? Oh my friggin WORD! Talk about a wierd topic migration!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.