Search

New JACO foam sedan tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FOXY923
I hope so.
Yeah - FastCats has been really good at adjusting their prices as of late - but I am sure that their hands are tied unless the distributor steps-up and gives a better price as well. Other shops are also selling the Prism's for about the same price as well, which means the discount has to come from whomever is bringing the product in. If Stormer and Kwik can sell the tires for sub-$10... it means they are getting it for less then that. It'd be nice to see Foams sell in the $12 range locally, I think we would see alot more usage that way and with economy-of-scale, at the end of the day, profit will be higher too. They don't weigh much to ship - and if bought in enough of a bulk, there are savings there too.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duckman996
If Stormer can sell the tires for sub-$10... it means they are getting it for less then that. It'd be nice to see Foams sell in the $12 range locally...
Or it means Stormer is simply blowing them out at a helluva price to attract customers, just like local grocery stores that sell Pepsi or Coca-Cola for 99 cents a six pack (win, lose, or draw). Or we're overstocked on a particular compound or whatever. Never assume things like that. We're selling the M1b at I think $50-$80 less than cost right now as well. It happens. And if you appreciate the deal, snap 'em up. :0) If not, we put a great price on the wrong product.

The good news is that Stormer has 35,000 other part numbers to promote, so something is always "cooking". ;0)

In a way, I would like to apologize for this post. We NEVER come on forums trying to grub for business, never have. Look at any of my old posts. Notice there are no links in this post, not even in my own sig' do I promote Stormer Hobbies. I'm not here to do that. I'm normally here as a hobbiest, just like everyone else on here having fun.

So please, never think we are here grubbing for attention, or doing anything like that at all. I stumbled on this thread while poking around.

My apologies, once again.
-Bob Stormer

(the weekend is coming, let's all work on our cars!!)

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 10-25-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duckman996
but I am sure that their hands are tied unless the distributor steps-up and gives a better price as well. Other shops are also selling the Prism's for about the same price as well, which means the discount has to come from whomever is bringing the product in. If Stormer and Kwik can sell the tires for sub-$10... it means they are getting it for less then that.
Nice assumption Martin, To bad it is about as far away from the truth as I am from you right now!

Our CND price is less then the US dealer price from the USA distributors. Why are you assuming that we are over priced or have more room? Ask FC, we never have been, and never will be out of spec with JACO pricing. How short a memory people have...... JACO Canada was 100% responsible for lowering the overall price of foam tires in Canada 4 years ago and continues to be responsible for lowering prices while providing a good fair proft for all stores, I am sure even Bob Stormer remembers the stories of $60 + dollar sets of foam tires from other manufacturers/ CND importers when he would race with us.

I am glad that Bob has filled everyone in on this thread, that he is using one of the hottest products as a tool to bring consumers to his store in the form of a loss leader. Some agree with it, some don't...... And from what I understand it is a limited time offer to compete with oversea mail order stores.( take a guess who?)

When was the last time you saw dinball or mushroom sponsor a event or help a track stay open in North America?

Bob doesn't really handle retail walk in, so when you factor in shipping on a set of tires it still should be pretty close to what the tracks are selling for across the country. Of course, the shipping would come down on multiple sets or a large purchase, but on the flip side I have never seen a track or a local shop not work out a killer deal on a group buy as well. The end amount would be comparable.

With that said, if it remains a problem, JACO will create a min price policy like other manufactures

Now if I was you, I would go and enjoy the track that you have in your signature.

Last edited by Korgae; 10-25-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Tech Champion

good marketing i call it, i saw stomers price, ordered some tires, and picked up a few other things while there.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hey Jack/Josh,

Can you guys get a dummy list going for the new Prism tires for sedan and 12th scale?

Im talking like from least to greatest in shore ratings, and then tires that have the same shore rating, to list what they are different with and what they help your car do.. It would help out me and other people in the longrun and avoid post questions...

Maybe mention what tires to switch to if you need more traction.. steering..cornerspeed.. stuff like that. Cause i get confused haha
Old 10-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Or it means Stormer is simply blowing them out at a helluva price to attract customers, just like local grocery stores that sell Pepsi or Coca-Cola for 99 cents a six pack (win, lose, or draw). Or we're overstocked on a particular compound or whatever. Never assume things like that. We're selling the M1b at I think $50-$80 less than cost right now as well. It happens. And if you appreciate the deal, snap 'em up. :0) If not, we put a great price on the wrong product.

The good news is that Stormer has 35,000 other part numbers to promote, so something is always "cooking". ;0)

In a way, I would like to apologize for this post. We NEVER come on forums trying to grub for business, never have. Look at any of my old posts. Notice there are no links in this post, not even in my own sig' do I promote Stormer Hobbies. I'm not here to do that. I'm normally here as a hobbiest, just like everyone else on here having fun.

So please, never think we are here grubbing for attention, or doing anything like that at all. I stumbled on this thread while poking around.

My apologies, once again.
-Bob Stormer

(the weekend is coming, let's all work on our cars!!)
If you are using these tires as a "lost-lead" ... good for you - great way to drum-up some business, and racers should stock-up. I for one would like to support the local track so that it can keep their doors open... however, there are going to be tons of racers using the internet to save on consumable items like tires, etc.

I don't think readers would look at this post thinking you are trying to drum-up business... rather responding to something I posted - thanks for the clarity.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Korgae,

Rather then boring the readers here - see my PM

Last edited by duckman996; 10-26-2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Magenta (Prism) testing -

I just got back after a few hours of practicing with the Jaco Prism Magenta's, comparing heads up to Parma Pro 53 Magenta's, and I really like the Jaco Magenta's. They are a little softer than the Parma's, but the grip from these tires was awesome!!! My corner speed was up and correcting from mistakes was even easier than the Parma Pro's.

For me, the Jaco's offered more predictable handling compared in back to back testing with the Parma's. If you've driven on the Jaco Prizm Double Pinks, #6135, and have thought the traction was just a little off, you owe it to yourself, and Jaco, to try the Prism Magenta's. Part # 6132.

Last edited by kn7671; 10-27-2007 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
Hey Jack/Josh,

Can you guys get a dummy list going for the new Prism tires for sedan and 12th scale?

Im talking like from least to greatest in shore ratings, and then tires that have the same shore rating, to list what they are different with and what they help your car do.. It would help out me and other people in the longrun and avoid post questions...

Maybe mention what tires to switch to if you need more traction.. steering..cornerspeed.. stuff like that. Cause i get confused haha
A lot of that information (esp. shore ratings, etc.) is earlier in the thread. Interesting reading and now when I look at tires I can see where they were put together... changed my perspective on foams a bit.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hey guys
looking to get some new foams
just looking for the basic set-up from reading the thread it looks like

1. 4 double pinks

2. double-pink/orange fronts double pink rears

3. 4 magentas???

anyone have links to some websites where i can they are in stock and a decent price???

thanks
chris
Old 10-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris08527
hey guys
looking to get some new foams
just looking for the basic set-up from reading the thread it looks like

1. 4 double pinks

2. double-pink/orange fronts double pink rears

3. 4 magentas???

anyone have links to some websites where i can they are in stock and a decent price???

thanks
chris
Hi Chris,

You can go ahead and add Double Pink/Orange front and Lilac rear to your list. We did some great testing in medium bite this week and had excellent success with that combination.

Locally we have guys running all 4 of those combinations with different setups and in all honesty all the cars are good, some of course better than others. All of it is worth trying at your local club.

Nick
Old 10-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default ....

Quick question.What conditions/preparation would be appropriate when running Magentas(heat based) for example, as opposed to greys(compound based)? Differences in grip,track conditions appropriate for each,etc.Thanks,Mario.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

*Where's Mr Rimer??*
Old 11-06-2007, 01:41 AM
Tech Adept

Love these new rims WTG Jaco

and the pricing is more than fair :nod

Lou
Old 11-07-2007, 04:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
Hey Jack/Josh,

Anything?

I ran Dbl Pinks all around on our low bite track sunday, how would magentas work in relation to me? more traction? cause thats an issue at our track.. we have to roll it out each week and we run a different layout each week, so we never get a groove going...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.