Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tweak Station for Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tweak Station for Sedan

I am considering purchasing the Hudy setup station, either Ultimate or Base. How important is a tweak station for a novice driver? The base Hudy does not come with one and I am deciding if the extra money is worth it.

In short, does it help you get that extra .1 second if you're a expert or does it help more for the novice driver (like me)?

I know toe, caster and camber are important. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Tweak station

If you can find a deal on one, by all means get the Hudy all in one set up station.
I have used other types, and they dont come close to the accurate settings on the Hudy.
Once you get one, you will wonder why you waited so long.
There are some good deals on the web-sites if you check them out.
It does make a difference in you handling.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have the all in one and really like it. I use it all the time. However I haven't touched the tweak station and metal case that came with it since I got it. If I had to do it over again I would save myself some money and just get the base Hudy setup gauges, a separate tweak station with bubble level and a leveling setup board like the Integy setup board.

The tweak station is a very important tool and you'd be surprised at how many people don't know how to properly use one. As far as I'm concerned the directions in the following article is the one and only way.

http://www.rc411.com/pages/howto.php?howto=2&page=3

If you're looking at setup boards and tweak stations don't be tempted by the Integy setup board with built in tweak station. It's junk. I had it and both bubble levels were significantly out of calibration. I'd be surprised if most of them weren't exactly like the one I had.