Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mr21 bo1a carb settings

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default mr21 bo1a carb settings

mugen ninja 21 bo1a factory carb settings??
Old 07-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

when I owned my ninja, I had this same question because I couldn't tune it properly, so I just swapped it out for an RB carb.

I only did that because No one helped me with the settings. It seemed like it didn't have a good factory set up on it when it left the factory. But I was one of the first people to own one when it came out and no one knew anything about it.

I know I didn't help you any, so I'll stop boring you.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:52 PM

LSN = 6 turns out
HSN = 5 turns out
Old 02-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro syco
LSN = 6 turns out
HSN = 5 turns out
What mixture of fuel do you run to get best results from your motor i have played with the carb and dilled your setting in but cant get it to be reliable

2 10 mins races and then the tune starts to get a bit wonky cant put my finger on it

i have been told to run a 25% nitro but i will proberly run 20% with 10% caster and 2% syn

Is this correct or can you shed some more light on to my problems.

I am running it in a LOSI 8
Old 02-06-2008, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lethalleigh29
What mixture of fuel do you run to get best results from your motor i have played with the carb and dilled your setting in but cant get it to be reliable

2 10 mins races and then the tune starts to get a bit wonky cant put my finger on it

i have been told to run a 25% nitro but i will proberly run 20% with 10% caster and 2% syn

Is this correct or can you shed some more light on to my problems.

I am running it in a LOSI 8
Make sure you don't have any leaks in the fuel tubing and that the carb is in the engine completely. You could also check the o-rings on the needles to make sure they are in tact. I am running my Ninja with 2 head shims and it holds a tune very well. Maybe the extra head shim did the trick? I don't know... I do know that I LOVE this engine. It can easily outrun the V-Spec!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:06 AM

hey i am running this im my losi *ight buggy tooo. with an msr 1005 pipe. this baby screams. AND VERRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY FFAAAASSSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:06 AM

ALSO I USE THE DYNIMATE QUICK FIRE BOK TOO. IT TRUNS IT OVER WITH A BREEZ
Old 02-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

One thing that I found with this engine is that the rear bearing likes to break in pieces and screw up the piston/sleeve/head..... I would recommend replacing the rear bearing before it is too late..... This has happened twice with my B01A....
Old 02-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348
One thing that I found with this engine is that the rear bearing likes to break in pieces and screw up the piston/sleeve/head..... I would recommend replacing the rear bearing before it is too late..... This has happened twice with my B01A....
bo1 or bo1a? i thought the bo1a fixed the bearing problem. i'm on my third ninja and have had zero issues with any of them. i sold the other two because i got out of nitro. wish i had kept them! great engines!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tallyram
bo1 or bo1a? i thought the bo1a fixed the bearing problem. i'm on my third ninja and have had zero issues with any of them. i sold the other two because i got out of nitro. wish i had kept them! great engines!
I had the rear bearing go out twice in my B01A. After the first one blew, GRP rebuild the engine and sent it back to me. This past weekend the same thing happened again.... I just found out tonight that no warranty service is offered on the B01A anymore....

I am not dissing this engine, because it definately one of the fastest one out there.... I am just having bad luck with the rear bearing in mine....