Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TT-01 not included parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

mooshu beef,

i am running the stock silver can. i glued the stock tires, but the kit didn't have foam inserts. they didn't last well at all, but my parking lots are pretty rough and there is a lot of tiny sandlike pebbles. that's the reason i went w/ the tt-01; higher clearance, sealed diffs, prop shaft. figured it would stand up to the less than ideal conditions. i just glued up some HPI x patterns w/ inserts. we'll see how they last. then i'll try the Take Off cs-27 to see how they last.

i have a novak 10.5 brushless & esc, but i'm concerned that it will just chew up the stock parts, so i haven't tried it yet. this is my first touring car and i didn't know what to expect out of it. the stock motor and set-up runs great, but it is slow. i'm thinking about upgrading to a tt-01r kit so i can have 1 reliable chassis w/ long battery life, and 1 tricked out w/ bling and better parts to handle the 10.5 brushless. maybe the stock kit could handle it, but i'm guessing it would need at least an aluminum prop shaft and cups, maybe steel dogbones, etc..
Old 08-04-2007, 01:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by battlecat
yep I used to correct screws... I'm scared... I really don't want to have to order more parts

so... it's called a "tapping screw" .. can/should I tap/hammer it in to make it tight??
NO DO NOT USE HAMMER,
The 'tapping' screws, mean self tapping as in they self thread into the plastic. they do this so as to cheapen kit by less time on the assembly line.

i have a novak 10.5 brushless & esc, but i'm concerned that it will just chew up the stock parts, so i haven't tried it yet. this is my first touring car and i didn't know what to expect out of it. the stock motor and set-up runs great, but it is slow. i'm thinking about upgrading to a tt-01r kit so i can have 1 reliable chassis w/ long battery life, and 1 tricked out w/ bling and better parts to handle the 10.5 brushless. maybe the stock kit could handle it, but i'm guessing it would need at least an aluminum prop shaft and cups, maybe steel dogbones, etc..
the tt-01 should be fine with a 10.5brushless as long as you dont hit anything , i have run a 7t in mine and it was fine, well until i lost radio frequency lets just say it might be a while until it comes out of retirement

my stock tires lasted 2 days, now i'm looking for replacements that come w/ foam inserts. maybe i can find somebody to tell me a good brand that lasts longer. premounted/glued would be cool, cause my glue skills r lame.
Premounts are fine i have used Takeoffs CS-27 for racing and they are fine last bout a season(8-10 weeks). I use sorex tires(usally 28's), sorex inserts(B medium) and either speedmind or Take off rims(sorex rims are easier to break). The best rims i ever had were Xray rims.

I'll do one better and post a picture of the part! It's A4 and two MA2 screws go into it... it's at the front of the car.. it wiggles because it's loose and so I think the suspension will wiggle if it isn't tight!

The picture's attached
I also had this problem with my TT when i had it, because the screws are self tapping they will want to keep pulling down, stripping the plastic. For those fornt arm holders i used a bit of fuel tubing to save them in a big hit

I hope that clears up a few things
Old 08-04-2007, 03:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

lol thanks pie

soo... I got it up and running!! I had to adjust the trim a little... but I think that's cause I crashed it a couple times!!!

that first crash was the worst yo though

ya it was pretty messed.... my car got stuck under my real car and scratched the roof sticker!!!! man I'm flaming mad....

I got pics of it!

Okay so here are my first impressions of this here car...

and first it's sick... never driven somethin like this quality before..
I was kinda surprised... but after driving it full throttl... I need mo speed you know?

I mean, it's fast... faster than radio shack but I gotta impress someone with the speed... but I wonder... this TT-01 how fast can it get? can it get the speed I need without costing a bundle?

someone that felt the same way I do and has sped up their TT-01 how do you feel now? how fast can this TT-01 get?? do I need a new engine? oh yeah, someone was talking about how the spur and pinion will make it have faster top speed.. tha'ts what I need! so what if I get the best spur and pinion.. will that make me happy?? so what do yall think?

alright go back to admiring the pics lol but that scratch... aww that's painful

PS: oh yeah and does anyone know a good online store to look at for parts? pricings
Attached Thumbnails TT-01 not included parts-tt-01.jpg  
Old 08-04-2007, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if you don't have full ball bearings yet, spend on those first they are a must have upgrade, after that place in the aluminum prop shaft then your set to use the 25 pinion 55 spur gear combinations this should give you a better top speed. you can also use a 27 tooth pinion if you can find one. If you'd like to go faster then upgrade your motor make sure that your esc is compatible though, i've tried a 9 turn double on my tt-01 and it's like a rocket, estimated top speed of around 70kph maybe. lots of fun just make sure you don't crash.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

yes bearings are essential.

If you want speed 25/55 ratio will give you maybe 30kph give or take. but if you want SPEED, you could go a hotter motor. just remember faster you go the more stuff brakes.
A 7t may make your car go like a rocket but rockets aren't ment to turn or and doge objects
Old 08-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Remember that going faster isn't simply a matter of bolting in a lower-turn motor.

As mentioned above, with the motor supplied with the kit, you can put a bigger pinion on it - the kit motor isn't necessarily going to be overly stressed.. However, with a hot motor, you need to drop a few teeth on the pinion to avoid over-gearing (and possibly burning out) the motor.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

speaking of spur and pinion, does anybody have a clue for a novak 10.5 brushless? I understand it is about like a stock 19t motor. has anybody got the gearing for a similar setup?
Old 08-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Initiate

hey, yep I put in the ball bearings already... that's the only thing I've changed.

hmm so... 25/55 will give me ~30kph... what speed does the TT-01 run at stock?

Okay so I want more speed for my car to look impressively fast in a parking lot (I'm not a showboat, this is just the speed I want! )

I think I'll do the aluminum shaft, the 25/55, and a yet-to-be-determined engine.

I definitely don't want to max out the TT-01 with a crazy engine... but one that is very good and fast for my needs and hopefully not draining the 3600mAh too fast!

so does anyone know a good online reseller for the 25/55 and the engine??

Oh and also what does the 19T engine actually mean? 19 turn? Is higher better? what kind of engine do I have stock? also, is brushless the way to go?

thanks guys
Old 08-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm still thinking about changing the Super Brain 820 charger I have to the DuraTrax Piranha charger, does anyone see the advantages? The Super Brain is really noisy... is the piranha noisy?

I was also looking at the Tamiya Sport Tuned Motor... is this what I would want or something better??

one more question... the body on the TT-01, will it fit other Tamiya/non-tamiya cars? ie. TA05, hpi cars etc.?? just wondering

PS: can someone tell me what trickle charging is exactly? do I need to let my charger tricle charge as well?

Last edited by battlecat; 08-04-2007 at 08:56 PM.