Wiki Posts
Search

8t Motor and pipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default 8t Motor and pipe

I have a used 6t roller on its way. What engines do you guys recommend? Was looking at some of the ones tower has on easy pay to make it easier on my wallet. Pretty much the only thing on easy is OS engines though.

any advise is appreciated.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well, because you have a high dollar kit, I recommend spending $200 or more on an engine. My advise is to check out the RB S5, S7, WS7III, C6BB, OS .21 V-Spec, Ninja .21 BO1A or the Picco P7-R Evo 2. All those engines are awesome, and are very easy to tune and hold their tune very well. If you get an RB engine or Novarossi, be sure to pick up a matching pipe, not just a standard JP 1,2,or 3 pipe. I own the RB WS7II which is the same powerband and speed as the WS7III, and it is amazing in both the buggy and truggy. The C6BB however has more bottom end, and a tad slower than the WS7III, but it will reach max rpm quicker than the WS7III.

Any of these engines can put you on the podium, just choose which one you think you will like. I have seen them all, some are a tad faster, some have more bottom end, but as we all know, the race is not won in the straights, but in the corners. These will just get you to those corners the quickest;-)
Old 07-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

If your fairly new to nitro I would say dont spend to much on a motor. This year we had a brand new Nova p5x in my sons 8T. It sucked dirt somehow the first time out, we put our backup Dynamite Mach .28 in.(I think around $120 on A-main) The thing rocks and is winning races. We went to a 7mm restrictor for a little better mileage and are getting 9 minutes +. I am not saying the Nova and ninja and Rb motors aren't better, we currently have a 21-5, p5x (I fixed it) 421-b, T21-bf, and a Rb s72.
So I would recommend under $200 a Mach .26 or .28, Sportwerks .21 or a Nova t21bf (nova, Top, Rex all the same)
These will not last as long as a high dollar motor but if you are fairly new to nitro and have trouble you wont wreck as much $.

If you were looking at spending more all the other motors mentioned are good.

Rex
Old 07-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The GO motors are a great motor to consider, the 5 port is a very good truggy motor and the 7 port offers smooth power to the ground as well, but the 5 is my choice for a truggy, and they are easy on the billfold, and will last as long if not longer than the big name mills. And are around 200 or so at TKO
Old 07-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There are a lot of guys here running the Dynamite Mach .26 and .28's also - bang for the buck, you can not beat em. I've been running the Dynamite Platinum .28 with either the Dynamite 053 or 086 pipe (depending on the track) in my 8-T, it has stupid power and gets good runtime as well. The engine is on backorder on A-Main, but the Engine is $175 and pipe is $50 = $225 for a strong engine/pipe combo.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I use a Rb Ws7IIx3 with a JP1 pipe and Jp2 header....Really nice for the smooth trak i race on. Gives me enough power to hit tripples, doubles, and not got sidways out of the corners.