Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
fake paypal payments from ebay members!!!! >

fake paypal payments from ebay members!!!!

fake paypal payments from ebay members!!!!

Old 07-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default fake paypal payments from ebay members!!!!

just wanted to warn you of these scammers. they will buy your auction and try to send you payment outside of ebay. they send you a fake payment and say that once it is shipped payment will clear. WRONG!!! i got one of these guys buy it now my laptop and this seemed fishy so i contacted paypal with a copy of there so called payment and they explained they are scammers and have software to make these email notifications with slight differences from the real ones. they ask you for your paypal addy and you get an email to that addy with the details. they have banned him from both ebay and paypal and i got the final sale fees back but not the 15 bucks for the listing fee. o well 15 bucks aint that much but still watch out for this crap guys. basically you ship your item and and loose it.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

luckily i new from the start he was not legit but i bet there are some gulable people out there that fall for this so watch out guys
Old 07-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I always check my paypal funds before I send anything out. Just to make sure it cleared no matter what a email says.. Wish scammers would put the effort forth on a normal job that they use to scam people. Some of it is actually pretty impressive..
Old 07-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In your ebay console, did it say that it was paid?

That's a pretty big giveaway that somethings not right, if you get payment emails and your ebay says not paid...
Old 07-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

no it doesnt thats why its fishy they ask you for your paypal addy to send you money off ebay??? why neone would want that unless they are indeed scammers idk. i wish i had a copy of the message they sent me and the email payment but i guess i deleted it.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this is such b/s. here we are, a good group of guys, just trying to have fun. i cant stand dishonest people. iam about ready to just start buying things direct from the companys. screw this ebay, forum buying crap.....
Old 07-30-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

IM SO SICK OF THIS CRAP 5 TIMES IN A ROW THESE SCUMBAGS HAVE BOUGHTMY LAPTOP ON EBAY AND IDK BOUT FO YOU GUYS BUT EBAY FEES FOR A 1000$ ITEMS 5 TIMES IS NOT CHEAP FOR ME .
Old 07-31-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I had that happen to me once, the ol' Nigeria scam. One way to try and keep them from buying it is to add the "immediate payment required" option to your auction. That way the scammer can hit buy it now all day long but the auction will not end until the buyer completes the checkout process and money is in your PayPal account. The downside is that the winner must have a PayPal account to be able to pay. They can't use a money order or cashier check. But it should stop people from hitting buy it now and ending your auction and then trying to scam you.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

yes, i agree i all ways check my paypal before i do anything.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Paypal Scam? Anyone know? 2 good 2 be true???

Hello! I've been searching high and low to figure out if this is legit or not! I know they always say "if it's to good to be true then it is!" I guess I still have that little glimmer of hope in my mind since I'm even asking if this is a scam. It pisses me off because I know it's a scam but yet I'm still taking the time to check into it and hope with that little bit of hope that it's legit. So, once again these scammers are winning because they are wasting my time! So, here is what the deal is: I was selling an item on Ebay, got a legit question from another ebay member asking if I ship to russia, tell them yes but wouldn't be able to quote shipment charges until auction close. Then I get an email from them asking if I would help them out. They want to send a special gift to their cousin in Russia (the scammer is located in the usa, so they say) and they want to send a gift basket with girly items worth $70, they want everything to be a surprise and for the receiver to never know it was from their cousin, they want to send $900.00 Western Union payment to cousin without them knowing and you have to fill out WU with your own info so they want us to send the payment for them to hide their name for the surprise, they are offering to pay for our time $200.00, WU fee's which are about $90.00 and shipping cost which I guess is about $50.00. Making the total about $1300, do they not know anyone else in the US to do this for them that they can trust? Besides all the other red flags! I've thought and thought about how this could be a scam! Oh, major part - They offered to make payment ASAP via Paypal ahead of time! That's what is getting me confused! I could understand if they said they were going to send us payment via cashiers check and I would know that we would be receiving a bogus check. I am super careful about never giving out passwords with fake emails, actually I never log into my Ebay or Paypal accounts without using my own link or just typing in the website address myself. So, the only conculsion I can think of is, they stole someone else's account (someone who fell for the fake password email) they got their info and logged on to their account. They do not want to send the money to themselves so they are not busted. They send it to us and we get a legit payment because it's someone else's account and the scammer is praying we send the $900 WU payment to them via WU. They make out with $900 and can't be traced! Anyone experienced anything like this? By the way! They sent payment today! Not sure what to do!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

is there actually 900$ in your account now???well the smart and safe and good way would be refund it and just forget bout it...the dumb risky and a$$hole way is to take money out and never use that account again. but u have to realize that is someone elses hard earned money that someone stole and theres a chance you can gte in trouble even though it wasnt your fault
Old 08-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Man, people wont be satisified until all of these forums and flea markets are gone. Well, not Ebay, but it will be terribly monitored which will make it not worth looking into...as much.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

you could always send me the money jkkkk i dont want to get into the problems that will cause even though i could use the money very badly but true when i cant even sell on ebay with out non paying bidders, scammes buy my products, and stupid chinese resalers messaging me every 5 min, theres a huge problemmm.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by olewheat
Hello! I've been searching high and low to figure out if this is legit or not! I know they always say "if it's to good to be true then it is!" I guess I still have that little glimmer of hope in my mind since I'm even asking if this is a scam. It pisses me off because I know it's a scam but yet I'm still taking the time to check into it and hope with that little bit of hope that it's legit. So, once again these scammers are winning because they are wasting my time! So, here is what the deal is: I was selling an item on Ebay, got a legit question from another ebay member asking if I ship to russia, tell them yes but wouldn't be able to quote shipment charges until auction close. Then I get an email from them asking if I would help them out. They want to send a special gift to their cousin in Russia (the scammer is located in the usa, so they say) and they want to send a gift basket with girly items worth $70, they want everything to be a surprise and for the receiver to never know it was from their cousin, they want to send $900.00 Western Union payment to cousin without them knowing and you have to fill out WU with your own info so they want us to send the payment for them to hide their name for the surprise, they are offering to pay for our time $200.00, WU fee's which are about $90.00 and shipping cost which I guess is about $50.00. Making the total about $1300, do they not know anyone else in the US to do this for them that they can trust? Besides all the other red flags! I've thought and thought about how this could be a scam! Oh, major part - They offered to make payment ASAP via Paypal ahead of time! That's what is getting me confused! I could understand if they said they were going to send us payment via cashiers check and I would know that we would be receiving a bogus check. I am super careful about never giving out passwords with fake emails, actually I never log into my Ebay or Paypal accounts without using my own link or just typing in the website address myself. So, the only conculsion I can think of is, they stole someone else's account (someone who fell for the fake password email) they got their info and logged on to their account. They do not want to send the money to themselves so they are not busted. They send it to us and we get a legit payment because it's someone else's account and the scammer is praying we send the $900 WU payment to them via WU. They make out with $900 and can't be traced! Anyone experienced anything like this? By the way! They sent payment today! Not sure what to do!
It is scam. I had almost the same thing happen last month but for $5,000. Don't refund the money and don't send any. Just report it to paypal and let them deal with it. If you send the money or refund it, then the real paypal/CC holder will dispute the charge and then paypal will take the money back from your account and you will be out $900. Luckly I knew it was a scam even though the e-mails look legit, so I told them that I had to wait 7 days before shipping and sure enough the real person put a stop payment on the paypal transaction.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Talking paypal funds

always check your paypal funds before u ship, no matter what and u wont get jacked

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.