Ninja MR R01A or RB C6 (no Rody)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ninja MR R01A or RB C6 (no Rody)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 02:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Ninja MR R01A or RB C6 (no Rody)?

Hi,

This is my doubt in last days, Ninja MR R01A or RB C6 (no Rody)?

thanks in advance
Old 07-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

ninja
Old 07-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Picco P9-R Evo 2
Old 07-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

RB C6
Old 07-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

I am also thinking about that.
Come on guys, be more prolific(SP?) ...

What do you think about this engines?

Thankx for the comments.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rawz
I am also thinking about that.
Come on guys, be more prolific(SP?) ...

What do you think about this engines?

Thankx for the comments.
RB C6- Good power for a club engine at the $400 pricepoint. Parts support for RB stuff is slim... I'd personally scratch the C6. The piston skirt is VERY thin! It is attractive in price, but thats about it. Many retailers have stopped carrying the RB stuff due to poor factory parts support. I ran one last year and spoke to many at the GLC who ran one.... we all agreed... they seem to lose pinch real fast over 240F where they start to make power.

Picco P9-R EVOII- A few guys at my club run this engine. Seems to make good power. One is happy with his off-road Picco with about 4- 5 gallons on it. Not enough data for a clear decision as far as I would be concerned, but great pricing and decent power

NovaRossi 35Plus21- I'd put my money here and be done with it. You will spend a bit more than the others, but get what you pay for. Top quality and gobbs of power. Easy to tune and very forgiving if you run it up to 270F. I have one I run for big races- very reliable at just over 2 gallons on it now and still feels like new. You can find them for $450 if you shop around and wheel a little.

NovaRossi 359- This is next in my sights real soon. You get two really good engines at a good price. The 359 is a monster and the mule engine is pretty respectable in it's own right. I'd even go so far as to say I'd run the mule before the C6 or the Picco. The mule is comparable to an old Kangaroo engine. Save the 359 for big races and abuse the mule engine on the club level. $740 street price= $370 per engine (with an airbox as well). Pretty good pricing for two good engines. People scoff at the price, but you get a good deal here for two engines.

I have a few real nice 321P Mario Rossi Tuned engines..... I don't think you'll find them anymore, but very good engines. Brooklyn Hobbies has the standard 321P for $450ish, but for the money I'd go with a 35plus21 before the stock 321P.

Overall recommendation..... save your coin and get the 359 package. You'll need 2 engines anyways to run competitively.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:08 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

I would go for the Picco.. (or Mega DSII+)
Why?..
Well, as cdelong has run 2 gallons on his 35+, I've run 2 gallons on each of my DSII engines, both of them also still look like new (same pinch as they had just after break-in)...
On 1 of them I haven't changed the conrod, just to see how far I can take it before it snaps... (I won this engine after being 2nd in the so called "serpent series" at the end of the season last year....) 2 gallons on it, still looking good...

With the 359 package, and the second club or practise engine, well, If I go for practise, I would like to do this with my fastest engine I have, because otherwise I think it is useless to go for practise....
Also my experience tells me, You will allways run your fastest engine, even in a club event......

So get 2 Picco engines for the price of the 359 package, and still have some money left to buy tires, or spare parts......
Also for the price of a piston/liner/conrod set for the 359 engine, you can buy a brand new Mega DSII+....

BUT, if you really are a capable driver who is looking for the ultimate power to put in his car and is able to handle it, then the Mega/Picco, will not be up to the level the Novarossi is, it is close but not the same.......
Old 07-24-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I see why you run your fastest engine at all times...... as you stated, it's underpowered compared to the Nova's
Old 07-24-2007, 06:44 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cdelong
I see why you run your fastest engine at all times...... as you stated, it's underpowered compared to the Nova's

For me it is simple, I know I can handle the Nova power, but am not willing to dig that deep into my pocket....
This is a hobby for me.
At the moment I run at the highest level in Holland, but to reach the top guns...... it's hard.... I rather run 1 league lower, but running at the highest level possible is my goal, within the budget i'm willing to spend...

A friend of mine has both the 35+ and Mega DSII, after swapping his 35+ for the Mega (just to see if I was right) he was plessantly suprised. He could not handle the 35+ power, but also had problems handling the DSII.....
To give you an idea, he is in this hobby for 3 years now, and goes to the track 3 weekends a month.....

I am in this hobby for about 20 years now....
Old 07-24-2007, 07:09 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

But to go back on topic, if the choice for the topic starter is between Ninja or R&B, I would go for the engine of which you can get spare parts for easily.....
Old 07-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

and just a note
ninja parts a more $ than novas
Old 07-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Thankx lots guys, very helpfull.
Actually, for me it would be easier to buy a Mega. Thats a important point.(spare parts easier)